Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Power Rangers - MLP Style! OOC (Reboot)

Lektra Bolt

I think it best for everyone to be in the same cockpit just as all the series does it. I just feel it would be more of a trouble if we have them separately.  Luster as a red ranger, can guide/order her teammate what to do, like captain of the ship.  The  teammates can have the freedom to act on their own, along with creating  this sort of team chemistry.  Basically all the team as one would act at the same time and in sync. 

example:

Luster ordered Clayton to run toward the midboss and give it a kick. "Got it" clayton replied as he  fullthrottle toward the boss and turns his controller to give the enemy a kick.  

or (without being giving as order and  used common sense): The midboss ran toward the megazord and to attack,  Clayton turns his controller backward,  moving the megazord to step backward to dodge the attack. 

something like that... the only thing is, people needs to be constantly posting when the battle start. since I assumed it will be a quick and short posts from each of you guys when writing up what your character is doing and responding to others' actions.  

I do like the Luster gives orders thing or using common sense as necessary. While not done in the show much, this method would allow people to act their part without needing to have anyone give up control of their part.

A couple things wrong with that though. Let me outline.

1. We are in the same cockpit in both scenarios which I felt would make sense for an RP. We're not in each respective limb.

2. We don't have collective control over the Megazord though, as players. This is a combined mech and not everyone 'owns' every part of it, basically making rules of controlling other people's characters come into play. It makes the most sense for each pony to only have control over their own part, as full control over the Megazord by taking turns is just weird.

3. There is no controller or consoles in the Megazord. It is controlled by the mind, like you think and your part does. We're ponies and 2 are Earth Ponies. Manipulation of buttons or sticks is going to be hard. A mind link makes the most sense, especially since it's enchanted and not actually technology.

4. Constantly posting during fights. No. Sorry. I just can't allow this. While we always have loose post order, I don't want people getting left behind. In any times where many people are in the same spot, including Rand and/or Buck running villains, I'm instituting a modified loose post order.

In fight scenarios everyone needs to post at least once before they can post again, but in any order. This way nobody is left behind while asleep/working/IRL.

Bonus: In flight, Clayton has no action. This is an issue of inclusion I feel. I will be air maneuvering the Megazord, as the means of flight. Clayton does kicks though when in range?

Edited by Lektra Bolt

16 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

2. We don't have collective control over the Megazord though, as players. This is a combined mech and not everyone 'owns' every part of it, basically making rules of controlling other people's characters come into play. It makes the most sense for each pony to only have control over their own part, as full control over the Megazord by taking turns is just weird.

3. There is no controller or consoles in the Megazord. It is controlled by the mind, like you think and your part does. We're ponies and 2 are Earth Ponies. Manipulation of buttons or sticks is going to be hard. A mind link makes the most sense, especially since it's enchanted and not actually technology.

OKay I agreed that mind controllers will make more sense. So i guess we will go with the same cockpit? where everyone will try to play their parts in controlling the megazord? 

Overall, I think we shouldn't overthink this and just go with the flow. Just imagine how the  megazords fights and how these ranger interacting with  each other and imply it on the RP. And it will peachy. xp

• Brohoof 1

We're not even far into the first mission though to think about Zords much, but maybe you wanna draw the other Zords in non combined mode for now? We will not immediately combine them, and there will be some time fighting individually.

Also well have really cool summon sequences because I can, so look forward to that.

The Timber Wolf will emerge from the Ever Free Forest.

Thr Dragon will fly in from the Dragon Lands.

The Wendigo will fly in from the Crystal Empire, as that area is cold.

@Denim&Venom uhm, where would yours emerge from?

The Phoenix comes from Canter, as I don't remember if they even have a set habitat in Equestria, so I was thinking this since Celestia has one as a pet.

It sounds like Lektra and Rocky will finish their part before the others do much at the field/warehouse at this rate, and we're not even moving that quickly

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

We're not even far into the first mission though to think about Zords much, but maybe you wanna draw the other Zords in non combined mode for now? We will not immediately combine them, and there will be some time fighting individually.

Also well have really cool summon sequences because I can, so look forward to that.

The Timber Wolf will emerge from the Ever Free Forest.

Thr Dragon will fly in from the Dragon Lands.

The Wendigo will fly in from the Crystal Empire, as that area is cold.

@Denim&Venom uhm, where would yours emerge from?

The Phoenix comes from Canter, as I don't remember if they even have a set habitat in Equestria, so I was thinking this since Celestia has one as a pet.

It sounds like Lektra and Rocky will finish their part before the others do much at the field/warehouse at this rate, and we're not even moving that quickly

Niiice, that will give me some idea for the background then for each of the zords. Alright I will work on the design concepts for each of the zords.

Just going to do a quick update on what everyone is doing.

Good guys:

@Acnologia @Drago Ryder @Denim&Venom are running a mission. Denim is GM for this mission and the rest of us will follow you.

@Denim&Venom Starlight and @Randimaxis Discord have met and Discord is very wounded, she took him to Flutters. Starlight heard the dark revelation over the communicator Discord was wearing while he was out. She is unaware of the existence of Power Rangers yet, but for how long?

@Gabriel and I are on a side mission. You will be able to join the mission soon and will get your powers. You want this to happen, yes? :) Everyone will get their weapons once the 'monster' for this mission is revealed. I am unsure if a Megazord fight is in the cards here, as Denim is running this.

Bad guys:

@Buck Testais standing by for now.

Rand has a cultist on a mission but he hasn't done anything to get noticed yet.

@TBD is also standing by for now.

-

Did I miss anyone? 

About 4 hours RP time has passed, and it will be midday when I post. It technically is already, as I assume the day started around 9 or 10am. You guys are free to change the time of day yourselves.

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 3

Hey, so  just as reminder

I'm still in the process with the design just got caught up with school and work but it will be ready by next week 

• Brohoof 3

Eh, I'm fine. I've had a few problems related to the death of a friend due to an accident but otherwise I am just dandy. Just haven't been able to be on the computer too much so I have devolved into nothing but spamming stuff on General discussion and Cloudsdale Colosseum heh. I can write up a post if that's what you're looking for since I am on a laptop right now.

12 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Eh, I'm fine. I've had a few problems related to the death of a friend due to an accident but otherwise I am just dandy. Just haven't been able to be on the computer too much so I have devolved into nothing but spamming stuff on General discussion and Cloudsdale Colosseum heh. I can write up a post if that's what you're looking for since I am on a laptop right now.

OMG are you OK? Death of a friend! :wau: You can't be just fine! All the hugs! 

If you're not feeling well I would be sad to hear you're not feeling like posting but doing it anyway

Yeah it sucks, but life's not always fun and games so I'm trying to cope with it. I really like the rp though so I think I will post soon. It's 23:28 pm. here right now and feeling pretty tired, have one other rp to catch up with as well so we'll see if the post will appear in a minute or tomorrow after classes.

EDIT: Got delayed but I 99% promise a post tomorrow. (Or later today, since it is 2 am. here at the time of the update).

Edited by Gabriel
  • Brohoof 1

@Lektra Bolt @Gabriel @Drago Ryder @Denim&Venom @Acnologia @Randimaxis @Buck Testa

So here is a rough drafts of the Zords in their full form before going mega mode. Let me know what you guys think. And if any of you want me to adjust or tweak the design of your zord, i will be open for a suggestion and making the changes.

ooeowpc.jpeg.74737b662c85d7a8625c7e00194b4f0a.jpeg5a208867b96f6_Scan1.jpeg.056e249bcbf4e2d733169fce4b2e90bf.jpeg

5a2088690914d_Scan2.jpeg.11f2a44e5917fd23dbc48a7b4607e578.jpeg5a20886a2b99e_Scan3.jpeg.6c04121daa965581629f48b9bb591f09.jpeg

• Brohoof 4

Awesome!

The Wendigo looks a bit too much like a regular 'normal' pony or horse. Someone looking at that without context would think that's the Pony Zord. Is there any way to distinguish it from the basic equine? I realize this species was only shown as ghosts in a flashback and there's not much to work with.

What do you think @Acnologia

13 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Awesome!

The Wendigo looks a bit too much like a regular 'normal' pony or horse. Someone looking at that without context would think that's the Pony Zord. Is there any way to distinguish it from the basic equine? I realize this species was only shown as ghosts in a flashback and there's not much to work with.

What do you think @Acnologia

hm, I could do something in a mixed of an actual wendigo

wendigo_for_the_win_by_inkswell-d9o2uil.png Native-American-woman-against-Windigo.jpg

but let's see what @Acnologia think.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Acnologia said:

This could definetly work, especially the first image. 

glad you think so, okay be prepared for the update tomorrow:smug:

• Brohoof 1

Glad you all like it, I'm going to jump into the final drafts then. It may look  a little different from the rough draft,  due so some adjustments but in a good way. 

• Brohoof 1

On 12/5/2017 at 9:18 PM, TBD said:

Glad you all like it, I'm going to jump into the final drafts then. It may look  a little different from the rough draft,  due so some adjustments but in a good way. 

Cool. In the meantime @Gabriel and I will try and move when he's feeling better IRL, and @Denim&Venomis running the mission, but I feel that's going to either get interrupted or will need to be quickly resolved

1 hour ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Cool. In the meantime @Gabriel and I will try and move when he's feeling better IRL, and @Denim&Venomis running the mission, but I feel that's going to either get interrupted or will need to be quickly resolved

by being interrupted, you mean when Rand's bad guys come and that's when the real battle start right? 

14 minutes ago, TBD said:

by being interrupted, you mean when Rand's bad guys come and that's when the real battle start right? 

Kinda. There is the guard who pulled an alarm that was covered by an obsidian orb that will send the Rangers over there. At least that's what I assume that was

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Kinda. There is the guard who pulled an alarm that was covered by an obsidian orb that will send the Rangers over there. At least that's what I assume that was

that what I was thinking too, wonder what's rand up to? xp

• Brohoof 2