Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Power Rangers - MLP Style! OOC (Reboot)

Lektra Bolt

6 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Reboot will be coming this week :)

Alright I can't wait, let me know when it's up!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 10/14/2018 at 2:08 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Don't forget to make your intro post for the Wacky multiverse RP reboot too. 

Of course, I'll try that this week too

On 10/14/2018 at 8:20 PM, TBD said:

Alright I can't wait, let me know when it's up!

I need to make sure I won't ghost on it, so might be not exactly this coming week :lostit:

Did you wanna be a Ranger in the second retry? We might need to redo the Mega if people choose different Zords

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Just now, Lektra Bolt said:

Did you wanna be a Ranger in the second retry?

I would like to stick to same role my character is in but if there's a need to fill in for ranger I can create another OC to fill in the spot. If that's alright with you having me playing two characters.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Did you wanna be a Ranger in the second retry? We might need to redo the Mega if people choose different Zords

Screw that. We worked hard to get that megazord designed, we are not giving it up! 

If someone wants to be a specific color,t hen they get the zord assigned with it. Package deal. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Screw that. We worked hard to get that megazord designed, we are not giving it up! 

If someone wants to be a specific color,t hen they get the zord assigned with it. Package deal. 

I'll make sure to include that when listing the colors

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 hours ago, Drago Ryder said:

I apologize for my abscence, I sort of found myself in a rut that I was unable to get out of untul recently. If you’ll have me, I’d like to rejoin.

Yes of course, watch for the reboot and you will have a reserve :yay:

Edited by Lektra Bolt

I've been thinking. Perhaps instead of Equestria, we should do this in the EQG verse. 

Fits more in line with Ranger tradition of the rangers being late teens, there's a lack of magic and godly beings to protect the world, and there are mysterious geodes floating around that are giving people powers after all. 

So instead of getting ears and tails, perhaps this bunch gets ranger suits. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I've been thinking. Perhaps instead of Equestria, we should do this in the EQG verse. 

Fits more in line with Ranger tradition of the rangers being late teens, there's a lack of magic and godly beings to protect the world, and there are mysterious geodes floating around that are giving people powers after all. 

So instead of getting ears and tails, perhaps this bunch gets ranger suits. 

You know, now that you mention it this does make a heck of a lot of sense. I have been meaning to come up with a more plausible explanation for why the 'special powers' for this RP are Ranger suits and things that characters can do are muted somewhat heavily except after transforming. This could be a good fit.

We do unfortunately run into problems in conversion, because I had developed the back story for Equestria races. Granted we didn't get people signing up as non ponies in this version, but I had accounted for that happening. I'll try to list a couple of things that come to mind, but this list isn't complete or exhaustive.

1. I'd actually still like to have them get ears and tails (or other creature parts), but it would be more a part of the power armor and not an actual part of their body as in the show. As people know, the suits in this RP aren't just fancy spandex but actual power armor, which will be staying.

2. The villain group would need to be entirely or nearly entirely rewritten. I am GM and have had to approve it, so I know what it is. Let's just say, it's designed for Equestria and not human Equestria and leave it at that. Let's also just say @TBD, myself, and @Randimaxishave some ideas we'll need to discuss on PM after if it's decided we'll be changing settings.

3. Bolt Solutions and the idea of money will need to be heavily expanded. In Equestria while Lektra doesn't have a bottomless bit account like the Marvel character she takes design cues from, the company is fairly well established and is funding saving the world entirely out of the bits earned from the sale of enchantments and artifacts. Not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but it's enough that it can be afforded without a huge issue. At least until the later parts of the RP, when I had planned on the world saving to start hitting the bank a bit too much that it becomes a huge issue. I'd only started to hint at it as the RP began, but as I said it was not a huge issue and was affordable.

In the other world Lektra is a teacher in the school building tech in her spare time on a teacher's salary. While she does have the company registered as a company and all that, it is a company of one and she doesn't have nearly even a tenth of the budget her Equestria counterpart has. Let's just say everything she earns from her career and whatever is earned from sales of inventions goes back into the company. As I had planned there is just enough money to have a roof over her head, invent on the side, and not die of starvation. So fairly normal and regular, without an extensive income. We'd have to hash that out.

3. We would need to have a completely different base of operations, either a company HQ if we expand that or a personal estate if she also ends up further along in development than initially intended.

4. This leads to another thing. How to avoid or how to not completely and irreparably destroy the Canon of the other world. I tend to dance around the Canon and add to it, but we would basically be overriding the roles of the Human Six and/or they'd have a much smaller role to play, if having one at all. They might even need to be under our protection or not have gotten their powers at all, being much much less important than the Canon time line. I personally don't really wanna do that unless we decide there is no choice but to rewrite their role. As it stands now the RP is designed to be Canon + X time, with the Cast just having a reduced role but not rewritten or being removed from it entirely. The Canon has happened as the episodes aired, this is just happening after that.

5. Luster.

Human? Android? Doesn't exist? Other? I'd like her to exist, but in what capacity would entirely change given the setting change.

6. Zords being Equestria races. Doesn't seem to make a whole deal of sense if the setting changes.

7. (Personal Problem) The Lektra and Twilight relationship, or lack thereof as the case may be. Lektra has a sort of unhealthy but also hooves off relationship with Twi, where unless the other reciprocates the feelings their only relationship is just living in the same town while Lektra idolizes the princess. We never really decided if that would go any further in the RP or if they'd be a bit closer, but that would again need to be heavily revisited/revised if we moved the RP to human Equestria.

Processor Bolt idolizes both Sci Twi and Pony Twi, and has indirectly met both as they'd both been in the school at times. She hasn't world traveled and has had no contact with herself like the Human Six with their counterparts, but she is aware of there being at least two Twilights as well as at least two worlds, so it is a possibility if the story goes in that direction. The comics apparently establish that the mirror can be used to travel to even more alternate realities than just these two. 

I never established what this really means, besides what's been stated above.

Which Twi would she be into? Sci Twi probably because the pony version has long been absent from the world after EG 1 except for a short cameo in EG 2. So that again runs into the issue of being not established, so I do not know what if any their interactions would be or had been except for some inferences.

She teaches engineering and/or programming to the Human Six and has never (openly) expressed an adoration of Sci Twi, who in her spare time has also been shown as an amateur inventor who's way too smart for school, just obligatory doing it at a normal pace so she could be awesome at a career later.

Lektra on the other hand is already in her career, even though she is still in her teens as well, due to the fact that she earned a doctorate at an accelerated rate.

They can easily be either friendly rivals or working together when not in school, but again I never really established this and it just seems like it might need establishing.

The only thing I know for sure is she would still have an unrequited and non expressed slightly unhealthy love of Sci Twi, but other than wishing for her canonical relationship to end or for Sci Twi to suddenly prefer females, would not be in a position to be interfering with said relationship.

Still, if we do decide to go this route, exactly what their relationship is and what kind it is would have to be established.

Edited by Lektra Bolt
ADDED MORE THINGS! THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T QUOTE ME!

16 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

1. I'd actually still like to have them get ears and tails (or other creature parts), but it would be more a part of the power armor and not an actual part of their body as in the show. As people know, the suits in this RP aren't just fancy spandex but actual power armor, which will be staying.

That's cool. 

The villain group would need to be entirely or nearly entirely rewritten. I am GM and have had to approve it, so I know what it is. Let's just say, it's designed for Equestria and not human Equestria and leave it at that. Let's also just say @TBD, myself, and @Randimaxishave some ideas we'll need to discuss on PM after if it's decided we'll be changing settings.

Why not have our same villians make a go at it from Equestria? Be extra-dimensional threats? 

3. Bolt Solutions and the idea of money will need to be heavily expanded. In Equestria while Lektra doesn't have a bottomless bit account like the Marvel character she takes design cues from, the company is fairly well established and is funding saving the world entirely out of the bits earned from the sale of enchantments and artifacts. Not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but it's enough that it can be afforded without a huge issue. At least until the later parts of the RP, when I had planned on the world saving to start hitting the bank a bit too much that it becomes a huge issue. I'd only started to hint at it as the RP began, but as I said it was not a huge issue and was affordable.

In the other world Lektra is a teacher in the school building tech in her spare time on a teacher's salary. While she does have the company registered as a company and all that, it is a company of one and she doesn't have nearly even a tenth of the budget her Equestria counterpart has. Let's just say everything she earns from her career and whatever is earned from sales of inventions goes back into the company. As I had planned there is just enough money to have a roof over her head, invent on the side, and not die of starvation. So fairly normal and regular, without an extensive income. We'd have to hash that out.

I'd say make her rich, or perhaps heir to a fortune and a wealthy company? Or maybe the company isn't exactly public. It's actually groups of dummy corporations and shell companies used as fronts. Perhaps the government wouldn't approve of a late teen/ young adult like Lektra being in charge, nor approve of her R&D without oversight.  

17 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

4. This leads to another thing. How to avoid or how to not completely and irreparably destroy the Canon of the other world. I tend to dance around the Canon and add to it, but we would basically be overriding the roles of the Human Six and/or they'd have a much smaller role to play, if having one at all. They might even need to be under our protection or not have gotten their powers at all, being much much less important than the Canon time line. I personally don't really wanna do that unless we decide there is no choice but to rewrite their role. As it stands now the RP is designed to be Canon + X time, with the Cast just having a reduced role but not rewritten or being removed from it entirely. The Canon has happened as the episodes aired, this is just happening after that.

Different city than the one the mane 7 are in? 

5. Luster.

Human? Android? Doesn't exist? Other? I'd like her to exist, but in what capacity would entirely change given the setting change.

Alpha style assistant maybe?

6. Zords being Equestria races. Doesn't seem to make a whole deal of sense if the setting changes.

Zords come from Equestria into the human realm. 

7. (Personal Problem) The Lektra and Twilight relationship, or lack thereof as the case may be.

Perhaps this is a few years on and they're both in college?  

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

. The villain group would need to be entirely or nearly entirely rewritten. I am GM and have had to approve it, so I know what it is. Let's just say, it's designed for Equestria and not human Equestria and leave it at that. Let's also just say @TBD, myself, and @Randimaxishave some ideas we'll need to discuss on PM after if it's decided we'll be changing settings.

I think it's best if we used the same villains aspect since Randimaxis seems to work hard them. And @Randimaxis if you are too busy I can take over as some of the villains. If so, I would like their informations and their characters. 

22 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Still, if we do decide to go this route, exactly what their relationship is and what kind it is would have to be established.

I think if we are talking about Lektra and sci-twi, i could see them both being  the brain when it comes to science. So with that comes to mind a bit like two scientists, which kinda reminded me of  these two scientists from the movie independant days. As for the relation with the pony twilight, who is more into magic maybe have the two kinda conflict each other. But at the same time in a respectful way. 

overall though, So you're thinking that we should somehow have both ponies world and human world sorta collided with each others? 

Unfortunately, I won't be able to continue playing the villains - not enough time. 

Plus, the work I did wasn't even used, except by the other villain; apparently, I'm just not good enough at it - but there's a lot of other folks out there who are STELLAR at playing the bad guy effectively. Check through the role-playing section and see who's available. 

My apologies for not being better. 

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to continue playing the villains - not enough time. 

Plus, the work I did wasn't even used, except by the other villain; apparently, I'm just not good enough at it - but there's a lot of other folks out there who are STELLAR at playing the bad guy effectively. Check through the role-playing section and see who's available. 

No worries then,  If you have time would you mind send me or lektra the informations of your OC villains? So I can start with something and take over for you. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

^Yes, that @TBD

Rand you were more than stellar! I've already explained that multiple people ghosting as well as myself was what killed the RP into needing a second reboot

Rand had originally assumed a decision was being made without him. That was my mistake and I explained, but he has no time either way:(

For the record, as our villain side player Rand had GM power to put his foot down and say we can't change the setting or he quits. He worked hard on the villain group and I felt he needed to weigh in.

It seems that won't be necessary. No time either way :adorkable:

My mistake not making that clear when I was educating the possibility when @Denim&Venombrought the idea up

I guess we are ok changing the setting with no regrets? I personally can't do bad guys. I'd have a conflict of interest. Some GMs can do it, I'm not one of them. That's the main reason I don't GM RPs often (I prefer to join!), and when I do GM I look to recruit the villain. Sorry guys, I just suck at villains

@Buck Testahow'd you like to do main villain for us? IIRC you said you couldn't play anymore anyway due to time constraints also, but just checking

5 minutes ago, TBD said:

No worries then,  If you have time would you mind send me or lektra the informations of your OC villains? So I can start with something and take over for you. 

I still have that conversation if you'd like to full villain for us. You deleted it? Don't think Rand did, but maybe he did

Edited by Lektra Bolt

3 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I still have that conversation if you'd like to full villain for us. You deleted it? Don't think Rand did, but maybe he did

I do have the basic informations. But I need their personality, characteristics, and background in order to RP them better.   

11 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Oh, that's still up to @Randimaxisif he would allow you to convert it to EG

Oh okay, I will see what @Randimaxis thinks then if I could take over for him and plays as a villians and see if we can convert them to EG. So are we doing pony version first? or just straight to EG?

Edited by TBD

(edited)
14 minutes ago, TBD said:

Oh okay, I will see what @Randimaxis thinks then if I could take over for him and plays as a villians and see if we can convert them to EG. So are we doing pony version first? or just straight to EG?

It is completely up to him if he would allow you to continue his work. Please get in touch with him or wait for his reply here

Aa for if we're doing pony or EG, I guess now it's EG since it makes more sense. We need to iron out those outliers

I've changed the thread tag to Planning, since we're planning for the reboot

Edited by Lektra Bolt

7 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Aa for if we're doing pony or EG, I guess EG since it makes more sense. We need to iron out those outliers

I would like the EG version 

and yeh I'll just see what he thinks, but either way I feel we worked hard on these villains. it would be a shame to have go to waste. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
18 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I'd say make her rich, or perhaps heir to a fortune and a wealthy company? Or maybe the company isn't exactly public. It's actually groups of dummy corporations and shell companies used as fronts. Perhaps the government wouldn't approve of a late teen/ young adult like Lektra being in charge, nor approve of her R&D without oversight.

Like, inheriting as the RP starts? Please elaborate. I didn't have much planned there, and had wanted her to keep her job to be close to Twilight. She likes her job. I didn't want to just fall back on being richer

Different city than the one the mane 7 are in? 

Only if Sci Twi decided to move also, because reasons. It doesn't really work out unless we change the city entirely and drop the connection to Sci Twi entirely. I had wanted to keep her in the loop. You can see I didn't have much worked out for EG?

Alpha style assistant maybe?

Wouldn't you rather be an android? Operation Overdrive had an Android Ranger, but he didn't know he was an android

Butlers don't go on missions

Zords come from Equestria into the human realm

This works! Equestria Lektra made them? Kinda feels like a cop-out, especially if we're upgrading the finances for EG

Perhaps this is a few years on and they're both in college?  

If it's been some years and everyone moved on to college, maybe that would also help to alleviate some of the issues? Ok. Let's work off this. Sunset is around too of course :sunny:

What if Sci Twi and Lektra are working on the company together by this time? Twi is probably married by now, or we could eliminate Timber as a failed relationship and just have them together? Seems too easy, but working together might work? Twi joins up cause another genius recognized her genius? No ulterior motivation lol

Will you wanna play her, or we just have her float around in NPC form? I feel like she'd be a Ranger ally. Tech opportunity of a lifetime

14 hours ago, TBD said:

overall though, So you're thinking that we should somehow have both ponies world and human world sorta collided with each others? 

Not really necessary. Zords can be built, it's the finances and materials I'm worried about

Edited by Lektra Bolt

12 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Not really necessary. Zords can be built, it's the finances and materials I'm worried about

can it be made through magic? :please:

15 minutes ago, TBD said:

can it be made through magic? :please:

Unless Cozy Glow succeeded in moving all the magic from Equestria to EG (but she said that it was going to the void), there isn't enough magical power in this world. It has to be built with electronics and maybe only about 20% magical. Consider where it's coming from: EG magic is leaks from Equestria, and the girls have been working to plug those leaks. There is not that much, and it's certainly not a magical world

5 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Unless Cozy Glow succeeded in moving all the magic from Equestria to EG (but she said that it was going to the void), there isn't enough magical power in this world. It has to be built with electronics and maybe only about 20% magical. Consider where it's coming from: EG magic is leaks from Equestria, and the girls have been working to plug those leaks. There is not that much, and it's certainly not a magical world

Could have 20% universal power instead of magic. like something that comes out from space along with the technology