Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

bwrosas

Hello,@bwrosas

Because this thread is wanting to share/discuss a video made by yourself regarding My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I will be moving it to Video Fan Art. There, it will receive the appropriate attention. 

Thank you!

(edited)
Here I give my opinions on why they hint and tease at it, but don't follow through on it.

And why at this point in the series, they should start following through on it.

Comments are welcomed

Edited by bwrosas
delete

It's less "They don't follow through" and more "We don't want to put the mane 6 in relationships". They've repeatedly said they want to avoid putting any of the mane 6 in any relationship. Honestly, the best they can really do is throw bones at shippers and tease fan favorites and such

• Brohoof 4

I don't think there are as many hints or teases as it might seem.

I honestly think that the only interest beyond friendship from any of the mane 6 was the one that Rarity showed in Trenderhoof on Simple Ways, and we all know how that ended. Everything else is just people with shipping goggles on (I know I have misinterpreted a few scenes because of it).

I don't believe that romance is something the show needs and, as far as I can tell, the fandom does a great job taking care of that gap that shippers want to be explored.

Edited by DonMaguz
  • Brohoof 2

Or....they are actually writing and animating these characters the way actual people behave in real life.

Try "people watching" in a mall, park or just anywhere public and see how many friends pass by that have interactions of "Yep, they're dating" or "oh, they like each other" You'd be wrong almost 70% of the time (Hint: even holding hands is not always a clear giveaway thanks to some cultures).

Anyway, these interactions make them seem more alive in this world. Besides I like it when a show can do that without relying on romance.

• Brohoof 1

After how the romance between Twilight and Flash Sentry was received, I can understand why the writers would be hesitant to try anymore romance between any of the mane 6.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

After how the romance between Twilight and Flash Sentry was received, I can understand why the writers would be hesitant to try anymore romance between any of the mane 6.

I think the problem was that Flash wasn't seen the show properly.

13 minutes ago, Star Mist said:

I think after the incident with Trenderhoof, Hasbro probably has to play safe of not letting our mane characters be in awkward relationship situations again.

Incident with Trenderhoof?

You mean in the show? or did it have problems with viewers/parents?

17 hours ago, Hierok said:

The problem with relations is the fact many people are gonna be upset, because it isn't their ship. :orly:

Exactly. I despise the Rarity and spike ship. I would be furious if they did that. As far as the other characters, I would equally be upset if they did pinkie pie and cheese as those two characters are too much alike. Not to mention cheese is more of the character to be a wanderer than a stationary pony. For someone like pinkie, a far more serious, calmer and more stable pony is required to compliment pinkie's volatile and excitable nature, but still have at least a couple of things in common, a few quarks that closely match her's as well.

Out of the mane six, I would say the only two characters I would really enjoy seeing an actual relationship for is Rainbow Dash, so long as it is some-pony other than Sorin. Nothing against the Sorin ship, but the reason why Rainbow Dash and her pet turtle work so well is because of how opposite they are. As well as Flutter-shy. Discord might not work all that well, but I wouldn't fight it if that happened. A third possibility is a dangerous one, that would be applejack. The only way for me to be satisfied with her being in an official relationship is if they went a somewhat similar route in the "romeo and juliet" thing they did with her parents, but slightly different. Not so much as their families are feuding. For Applejack, I would see a pony that is not a "country pony" being a good fit. You could do a cliche ship and match her with some vanilla farm pony, but that is so boring and cliche. 

Perhaps he is a city or a sub city pony, someone who adores technological gizmos over simpler things and is easily impressed by flashy shiny things. 

• Brohoof 1

50 minutes ago, Star Mist said:

With Trenderhoof.

I think that Trenderhoof is exactly the way writers and editors wanted him to be, so I don't see any incidents with that character which would have caused Hasbro to play safe.

After all, he was a safe play from the start, written as totally oblivious towards Rarity and highly annoying towards Applejack. A plot tool to have Rarity learn a lesson and nothing else.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Star Petal said:

Exactly. I despise the Rarity and spike ship. I would be furious if they did that. As far as the other characters, I would equally be upset if they did pinkie pie and cheese as those two characters are too much alike. Not to mention cheese is more of the character to be a wanderer than a stationary pony. For someone like pinkie, a far more serious, calmer and more stable pony is required to compliment pinkie's volatile and excitable nature, but still have at least a couple of things in common, a few quarks that closely match her's as well.

Out of the mane six, I would say the only two characters I would really enjoy seeing an actual relationship for is Rainbow Dash, so long as it is some-pony other than Sorin. Nothing against the Sorin ship, but the reason why Rainbow Dash and her pet turtle work so well is because of how opposite they are. As well as Flutter-shy. Discord might not work all that well, but I wouldn't fight it if that happened. A third possibility is a dangerous one, that would be applejack. The only way for me to be satisfied with her being in an official relationship is if they went a somewhat similar route in the "romeo and juliet" thing they did with her parents, but slightly different. Not so much as their families are feuding. For Applejack, I would see a pony that is not a "country pony" being a good fit. You could do a cliche ship and match her with some vanilla farm pony, but that is so boring and cliche. 

Perhaps he is a city or a sub city pony, someone who adores technological gizmos over simpler things and is easily impressed by flashy shiny things. 

Yeah, Sparity is an awful ship. I agree with you there. I think Rarity should have a calm and reasonable companion. Not a Blueblood or Fancy Pants type. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

@bwrosas

Because this thread is sharing a video you have created regarding My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, it has been moved to Video Fan Art.

If I may be so bold to give you constructive critisims: perhaps you should write down what you're planning on saying. Either exactly or just some words that might help you remember, depending on what you find more useful. It might help with the small, awkward silences inbetween sentences and repetitive content. For visual/aesthetic purposes, you could have some music softly playing on the background, and maybe some more pictures/videos so that when someone is listening, they're not staring at a single, still video.

But, about what you're saying: I agree. I must admit that Rarity has been at the bottom of my mane 6 favorites, because I had never been a fan of the "diva" characters. But I way judging by her cover. She has become such a great character in my eyes and she may soon be one of my favorites. Plus, the diva part just adds to her character and makes her seperate from any other character, I'm seeing and liking that now.

• 3 weeks later...