Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you ever want Twilight to snap over someone harming Starlight Glimmer?

SaburoDaimando

Since Celestial Advice, there have been signs that Twilight may be a bit protective of Starlight Glimmer, for fear that something bad may happen to her.  And if someone were to harm Starlight, Twilight would go all-out Mama Grizzly on the offender(Or freak out if she didn't see the one responsible).

What do you all think?  Do you think Twilight might be a bit protective of her apprentice?

I think Twilight would get pretty protective over any of her close friends being harmed, including any of the Mane 5, Spike, Starlight, etc. Twilight's specific anxieties about Starlight in "Celestial Advice" came from her role as Starlight's teacher, and feeling personally responsible because of that role. Any of her friends being seriously hurt could easily lead to a freak out if it actually happened.

I think so. I could easily see a situation where Twilight would become quiet upset with any-pony who would cause Starlight Glimmer harm. That said, I would expect a similar reaction from her if any of her friends were harmed.  What makes Starlight different though is of course her past and the relationship she has had with Twilight. She is Twilight's first student, has been living with Twilignt in the Castle. So I think there is a special bond that the two share, which Twilight does not have with the others (not to mention the powerful magic they both are capable of). 

What I think would be especially interesting, would be for something to cause Starlight to go "temporarily" evil again. She has reformed so much, so it may seem like a stretch to some, but I think it'd be quite possible (she showed a bit of interest when reuniting with Maud, the Pie sister joked of a super powerful rock).  If such a thing did happen, Twilight's fury against the pony responsible for sending Starlight down a terrible road would be just fascinating. I could even see Twilight acting out against her friends if she believed they were to involved (even if inadvertently).

So, short answer, yes! And long answer, YES . . . and I'd love to see it explored :)

While it would be neat to see such a protective instinct, there isn't much evidence of this from the show. I would conclude that her character doesn't include such a beserk button, so I wouldn't expect to see it.

• 4 years later...