Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Mystery!

GoldieS

The RP: https://mlpforums.com/topic/171647-mystery-theater-mystery-in-the-clouds/

Welcome ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, to my first every mystery RP! Join a group of passengers aboard the EAS Intrepid as it returns to Equestria from the new world far across the western ocean carrying the emissaries of some of the most notorious kingdoms and empires in the world. No surprise then, when the unthinkable happens to one of the innocent passengers... Can you solve this mystery, or will the killer go unpunished to kill again?

I love a good mystery, but I've never done an Rp quite like this before, so I decided to give it a shot! This post is initially to see if anyone is at all interested. Here's some of the stuff I have in mind for how it's going to work... at least at the moment that is...

• The murderer will be predetermined, so no retconning on my part later down the line.
  • It can be anyone, even the players... try not to ask to be the murderer, if I decide to choose your character as the murderer, I'll come to you, if that makes sense. 
  • Evidence and clues will be predetermined before hand as well, in addition to any unforeseen things that pop up later. 
  • Some evidence will disappear if players don't find it during a certain window of time (think stuff in a garbage can or being tossed overboard).
  • There will be a win-loose condition here. If the group doesn't find the killer by the time the ship reaches Equestria, the killer escapes... if you officially accuse the wrong person, the killer gets away as well... obviously. 
  • Finally, I'll give you descriptions to work with, though your character will need to look at something further. I'll provide further information only if you mention or ask about it in your post in character. However, if it's something they will notice without actually looking, I'll obviously reveal it. 

Nothing too crazy I don't think, but that's the gist of it for now. Might anyone be interested?

Current List of Known Persons: 

Spoiler

1)      Lord Creyor Grimclaw

a)      Lord Emissary of the Cordial Colonies, Paladin of the Griffonic Grail Knights

i)        Giant brown griffon with white feathers on head and neck. Big and bulky, tromps around in heavy plate armor over chain mail and a cloth quartered tabard with red and white. Wears a long crimson cape. Armor covers every part of his body minus his head and neck. Typically wears a fancy belt with golden designs. Bulky armor is a combination of silver and gold on exterior.

2)      Countess Nina Diederich

a)      First of her name, Lady of House Necropolis, Third Negotiator of the Consortium

i)        Grey vampire countess with similarly colored main and tail (always clean and done to perfection). Young, perhaps less than ten years old, yet fairly mature for her age. Lets her nerves get the better of her, and outright avoid nerve wracking situations. Still has an adventurous side that is often suppressed.

3)      Lady Thita Emberreaver

a)      Shadowmancer, Mistress of Dances

i)        A tall Eldeer doe, with an impressive set of antlers and an air of superiority about her that no one else in the room could match. She had a caramel colored coat with a white underside, but that was the least striking part of her appearance. She had an extremely thin physique, with skinny legs and hooves. Unlike the more 'civilized' in the room, she wore something like mage armor. Black robes with violet and pink armor plates across her flanks and shoulders. The features of her face were accentuated by black tattoos or makeup. 

4)      Iltadaas Lighthorn

a)      Glade Warden, Sorcerer of Life

i)        Tall light brown (with darker brown main) stag of the Woodland Deer. Ambassador who appears to be working with Princess Twilight. Delicate step, and prefers ‘green’ attire. Former adventurer with connections to all the diplomats on board the ship. Quite passionate, but knows his failings and practices a measured appearance and demeanor.

5)      ‘Firefly’

a)      Youngblood, First Favored Daughter of the Golden Queen

i)        Golden with flowing green locks of hair when in pony form, black chitin with Golden shell and solid compound eyes. Typical drone appearance, pre-evolutionary state. At first glance, she appears to be very emotional, in any direction and not at all in control of her state of emotion.

6)      Kri-Ket & Grarar

a)      Stellar Priest & His Spawn Kin

i)        Spasmatic sky blue scaled Lizard Folk with tribal bands made of heavy solid gold around ankles and wrists, and a headdress of long colorful feathers (red, white, blue, yellow, orange). Stands upright on claws, but scampers about on all fours. Not afraid to show curiosity, but very confused about foreign customs.

7)      Open Eye

a)      Investigative Reporter for the Canterlot Tribune

8)      Brash Dasher

a)      Partner to Open Eye

9)      Calico Bombay

a)      Captain of the Intrepid, Veteran of the Tartarian Wars

10)   Saturn Slow

a)      First Mate of the Intrepid

i)        Red pegasus with a cut and shaven main and tail. Usually wears a blue and white fancy uniform, heading relations with the nobles and diplomats. Kind, patient, and polite, he tries to avoid conflict and negotiates when possible. Keeps the order around the ship, and a far better diplomat than any creatures currently aboard the Intrepid.

11)   Cherry Grove

a)      Maid, Room Service

12)   Max Tempist

a)      Head Chef

13)   Peanut

a)      Sous Chef

14)   Kiloton

a)      Head Engineer

i)        Large black and white diamond dog with burly muscles and a pair of engineers coveralls. Long ears, and an oddly puffy tail for a diamond dog. Usually seen with a satchel of tools. Soft spoken, again at odds with his diamond dog heritage.  

15) Ten

a)       Second Mate

i)        Disguises self as first mate to interact with the passengers aboard the ship. Green bodied changeling with purple eyes and blue shelled parts with pincers atop his head. Ten is exceptionally shy, unless disguised. Only speaks with primary crew who he's known a decent amount of time in his undisguised form. 

• Brohoof 1

If either of you want, feel free to throw a link down of the character you wish to use, or at the very least a basic description of the character and their background. I'll update stuff in the main post as I figure things out. 

@PuddingPonyPal

Yah, you can thank television, movies, and novels for this RP. I make no pretenses about creating the scenario personally... but I like to think the characters are of my own design XP

@Techno Universal

I look forward to having him around again, but be weary... I'm still trying to think up how to address some magic stuff for this Rp. I'd prefer more standard species and races as well, just to keep the attention on the suspects. 

1 minute ago, GoldieS said:

If either of you want, feel free to throw a link down of the character you wish to use, or at the very least a basic description of the character and their background. I'll update stuff in the main post as I figure things out. 

@PuddingPonyPal

Yah, you can thank television, movies, and novels for this RP. I make no pretenses about creating the scenario personally... but I like to think the characters are of my own design XP

@Techno Universal

I look forward to having him around again, but be weary... I'm still trying to think up how to address some magic stuff for this Rp. I'd prefer more standard species and races as well, just to keep the attention on the suspects. 

Yeah like maybe Techno might just be a unicorn in this RP! Plus if he is a mostly robotic pony then it would be interesting for the case that he gets murdered. Like if they find his body he would probably be smashed up into parts and for him to be dead his head would probably be smashed open with his biological brain destroyed. :)

• Brohoof 1

Name: Mehndi Heart 

Appearance: chocolatey brown mane/tail and white body

Bio: Mehndi is a bit strange. She is a curious pony but gets anxiety easily when she feels she is the center of attention. She is observant, kind and when pushed far enough she is determined to fight back. Her background is unknown as she never told anypony about it. All she says is "I left it all behind" when asked. 

20171026_190100.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Techno Universal @PuddingPonyPal

terribly sorry for the wait ladies and gents! i have to admit it was entirely my fault... wanted to do it this morning but ah... got distracted with a vidya game... (PC gaming ftw)

I'll have the first post up tomorrow, that way we can at least begin introductions of all the characters as well as yours. I hope it's okay if things start out a little slow at first, maybe an entire page until the actual murder takes place that way everyone knows who potential killers are. Also, I'll update my first post in this thread with an Evidence Roster and a Suspect Roster for you guys to reference after you've found or met someone, with the appropriate info (I'll let you know when I update)

Any questions thus far?

PS: haven't done it yet cus I still have a little bit of mapping out to do...

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

Don't worry, I'll get around to updated a character list so you guys can reference it soon. 

Also... mu ha ha ha!! Now I have the perfect set up to frame both of you... so who will it be? Or shall I pick both? 

And now they've revealed that Techno is actually a mechanical and robotic machine! But will his defences hold up if they try to kill him? :)

There's been an update!!! Refer to the first post of this thread!!!

All information I put in the first post is information you can assume your character knows. Just think of it as things they learned in the time skips, or through speaking or observing during the rest of the trip that we don't discuss explicitly. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, GoldieS said:

There's been an update!!! Refer to the first post of this thread!!!

All information I put in the first post is information you can assume your character knows. Just think of it as things they learned in the time skips, or through speaking or observing during the rest of the trip that we don't discuss explicitly. 

Ahh now that's perfect for me as I can just use that information for the logic in my system that runs Techno's character in the RP! :)

Well, the more the merrier! Need a description of your character though... you could provide it here in a post or shoot a quick link, so I can take a look. We are a few pages in though, there might be a little catching up to do if you don't want to be too lost. 

Just now, GoldieS said:

Well, the more the merrier! Need a description of your character though... you could provide it here in a post or shoot a quick link, so I can take a look. We are a few pages in though, there might be a little catching up to do if you don't want to be too lost. 

I can be the doctor, that you just asked for down the phone

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, GoldieS said:

Sounds like something I can work with, still need a character description though.

Okie

a9bbf90fa73153d97e5edc2546301549.gif

Name: Blood Drops

Species: Earth Pony/ Zombie Necromancer

Cutie Mark: Three Blood Droplets

Personality: Very Bossy and likes to give her own personal view on the matter. Is a very talented medic, and also a secret Zombie, though she can control her zombification effects though personalized treatment, thus only infecting others in defense of herself or for a noble goal.

Backstory: Used to live within Everfree forest, though she began studying medicine and eventually became a medic, and then doctor. She specialties in septicemia and other diseases of the blood. 

• Brohoof 1