spoiler Thoughts on Generation 5(2020) (Potential spoilers)

Karnak

1 hour ago, Rhythm Red said:

My only real worry is that G5 would divide the fandom, but that isn't gonna happen. We've been through worse.:)

Well, there's going to be a division in the fandom sadly. While many of us are coming to terms to FiM's end, and some even willing to give G5 a chance, there'll be always a group of extreme loyalist that'll attack and insult the G5 "infidels" :dash: . It happens to all fandoms

2 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, there's going to be a division in the fandom sadly. While many of us are coming to terms to FiM's end, and some even willing to give G5 a chance, there'll be always a group of extreme loyalist that'll attack and insult the G5 "infidels" :dash: . It happens to all fandoms

Maybe. I doubt it will be that bad, though. Thing is, none of us ever thought we would like MLP, yet here we are! I think the same thing will happen with G5.

This fandom's always had controversies, too. Some people loved twilicorn, some people hated it. Some people loved EQG, others, like myself, don't. It's not anything we aren't used to. And I doubt people will 'insult' G5 fans. It's all gonna be fine.

• Brohoof 1

On paper, I think I might be okay with the way G5 is heading, but I'm a little worried about what will happen to the side characters we know and love in this generation? Everyone from the BG ponies to Tree Hugger, from the Flim Flam bros to Thorax and Discord? Given that G5 is going to be a whole new continuity, I'm a little worried that the new generation is going to "erase" G4, and even if it doesn't, will people still be invested in G4 to care? Will people continue making fanworks for it?

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I can accept that realistically the show has to end soon, but at the same time I really, really, really (did I mention really?) don't want it to go forever.

Sounds like a dream.

I always disliked the flash animation, it kept me from becoming truly enamored of the series. Seeing the 2017 movie is enough to get my excited about MLP. If a whole series was done anything like it, it would be wonderful.

I do adore FIM, don't get me wrong.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, PacificGreen said:

On paper, I think I might be okay with the way G5 is heading, but I'm a little worried about what will happen to the side characters we know and love in this generation? Everyone from the BG ponies to Tree Hugger, from the Flim Flam bros to Thorax and Discord? Given that G5 is going to be a whole new continuity, I'm a little worried that the new generation is going to "erase" G4, and even if it doesn't, will people still be invested in G4 to care? Will people continue making fanworks for it?

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I can accept that realistically the show has to end soon, but at the same time I really, really, really (did I mention really?) don't want it to go forever.

People are going to care. Even long after FiM ends, people will care. I know a ton of people who said they will continue to make G4 fan content regardless of what happens in the future. We're not going anywhere!

Well I am still really sad that G4  is ending still and some of the new characters we have just met and just started to get to know will not be returning like Tempest from My Little Pony the movie unless we see Tempest in season 8 or 9 we won't be seeing her anymore which is sad and stupid to know we just get to meet a character and they just take that character away on the spot defeats the purpose of even meeting that character to begin with I think it's stupid I think they should at least give us a little more time to get to know Tempest more before G5 starts or other Characters from the movie for that matter but hopefully G5 is really good I'll still give it a chance who knows it's very unlikely but maybe Tempest will be in G5

On 2018-01-03 at 6:08 PM, Karnak said:

"I'm looking forward to the future, and feeling grateful for the past." -Mike Rowe

When MLP: FIM does end, while I'll be sad its over, I will be happy that the show has done so much. It turned something that was considered a lame property by so many and turned it into a cultural phenomenon. I'm also happy that it raised the bar for the franchise, as from what Ive heard, the Gen 5 creators and writers have said they know the fans are what make it great, and intend to build on it for the next series, they are aiming for a much older audience(No not talking anything like TV-14 or M or anything silly, I'm talking TV-Y7-FV) and are using Toon Boom Harmony(an upgrade from Flash Animation, side note they also worked on the MLP movie) I can also say, with relief and happiness that the 2020 series will NOT be in CGI(the animated movie prequel will be, but the series will be 2D, and done by Toon Boom). 

I'm happy My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic lasted so long and from the email, they intend to leave no lose ends untied and make sure its not open ended. In the words of RebelTaxi., was it cancelled too soon, was their a story left undeveloped? No, My Little Pony had 221 Episodes, 9 Seasons, a spin off series and a movie(For theaters!) 

I'd rather have the series end on a high note like Star Trek: The Next Generation rather then continue and rot like Fairly Odd Parents. 

Hi, as this topic is about an upcoming series and not the current one, it has been moved to Sugarcube Corner.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/7/2018 at 10:13 PM, Total Lunar Eclipse said:

Sounds like a dream.

I always disliked the flash animation, it kept me from becoming truly enamored of the series. Seeing the 2017 movie is enough to get my excited about MLP. If a whole series was done anything like it, it would be wonderful.

I do adore FIM, don't get me wrong.

I agree 100%!

On 2/7/2018 at 1:21 PM, Rhythm Red said:

I don't think they should go overboard with making it super gender neutral, since that may change the vibe of show, but I agree that a little bit of change could be nice. A new theme song is definitely in order, as the current one is honestly the girliest part of the show. 

I have high hopes. And if they are aiming for a higher-age target audience, as the leaks say, then my hopes are even higher. FiM was super successful because it was made so it could be enjoyed by people of all ages. If G5 seeks to do the same, and has the same writers (which I heard was true), then I can GUARENTEE it will be awesome.

My only real worry is that G5 would divide the fandom, but that isn't gonna happen. We've been through worse.:)

I found this song, matches the friendship theme, and is faar less girly 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=belive+in+yugioh+movie&view=detail&mid=764F163C5FCA1215FFD9764F163C5FCA1215FFD9&FORM=VIRE

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

From what i have read on this Forum, they supposedly reuse the main 6 or at least Twilight Sparkle for this new Series. If G5 i just gonna be a reboot of G4, i will be really disappointed. Than that would not be G5 for me. Making a reference to the old Stuff, sure, but not keep the main cast and start from new, give me something new! I want to see something different. Why is G4 so popular? I was excited to see another main Character for a change, i mean we already have 8 Seasons Twilight plus a ton of Specials with Twilight. Im tired of Twilight, give me a new Leader. So far the Generations of Mlp were like Final Fantasy Games, none of the main numbered Games ( as far as i know ) are direct Sequels to each other and every direct Sequel is called something else, if they just gonna reboot than its more like G4 - 2.

But otherwise im still excited for G5 and the potential new style.

• Brohoof 2

To me it makes no sence once o ever I looked up ratings and Friendship is Magic is still doing quite well I don't know why Hasbro would want to change that I also heard that their continuing Equestria Girls as a seperate series when G5 comes out yet Friendship is magic has higher ratings than Equestria Girls and if you think about it the stories from Equestria Girls kind of ties into Friendship is Magic so if they end Friendship is magic I don't see how they could continue Equestria Girls either a much better choice is to Continue Friendship is Magic as a separate series from G5 like Equestria Girls to me I don't get why they want to end Friendship is Magic it just makes me so upset just thinking about it 

and these are the Ratings for FIM and EQ

FIM 7.7/10

EG  6.1/10

You see Ending FIM but keeping EG as a separate series from G5 makes no sense

Edited by NathanW200

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, Karnak said:

I think Star vs The Forces of evil is a good tiny inspiration as it deals with interdimensional travel. Pegasi World, Unicorn World, Earth Pony world, Dragon World, Griffon World, ect!

I did see one email which gives me great hope for Spike in gen 5. 

Reveal hidden contents

A Grootslang seems to be interested in him. And one email I believe said no crush on Rarity, agreeing it has no place in gen 5. I'm good with that. 

Kingdoms Hearts could be good inspiration, too.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if it will be 3D. Fans have been using Source Film Maker for years, and some of them have actually made pretty stunning 3D animations. I'm sure professional Studios using actual 3D animation software would make much better and immersive animations. It'll be wonderful to see the Ponies come to life.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
8 hours ago, arcticaunion said:

I wonder if it will be 3D. Fans have been using Source Film Maker for years, and some of them have actually made pretty stunning 3D animations. I'm sure professional Studios using actual 3D animation software would make much better and immersive animations. It'll be wonderful to see the Ponies come to life.

I would love a 3D Pony Generation as well, but im afraid they would use a more cheaper 3D Animation, a really good animation might be to expensive for Hasbro. I mean for this current Generation they use Flash, one of the most cheapest Animation tools, as far as i know. But 3d would definitely be interesting.

Edited by Nanotek

I think the Charecters they have a solid Trademark on they might be garenteed to use not sure on the rest Though.

http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/trademarks/hasbromlplive.html

Will the Cutie marks stay? what changes do they have in mind. Will it all be ponies or Ponies and People. I would love Equestrian Tales to be made , their stories sound beautiful. however i think hasbro might be going to older base.

not ponies and robot combo No. Doubt that will happen.

However one thing is for sure. their shows are highly based on the merchandise they sell. So you can Guarente this show will have merchandise planned out. But Please Keep the Mega Megan out of it it is Stupid as hello Gravy. Mega Man Rainbow bright  combo cheap knock off.

who knows, for all we know they might shelve it a while, and re release it as to give the fans from the old show some time to get over the MLP FIM getting cancelled.

I am with nathan on this one.  it really makes no sense for hasbro to kill off a

sucessful show like fim,while i know generations start every 10 years or so, i think we should wait

and see what happens. plus fim still makes money,

13 hours ago, Nanotek said:

I would love a 3D Pony Generation as well, but im afraid they would use a more cheaper 3D Animation, a really good animation might be to expensive for Hasbro. I mean for this current Generation they use Flash, one of the most cheapest Animation tools, as far as i know. But 3d would definitely be interesting.

I don't remember if it was in the leaks, but I've read somewhere that the movie that'll kickstart the upcoming show will be in 3D, while the show is going to be in Toon Boom Harmony :huh:

7 hours ago, cosmo22477 said:

I am with nathan on this one.  it really makes no sense for hasbro to kill off a

sucessful show like fim,while i know generations start every 10 years or so, i think we should wait

and see what happens. plus fim still makes money,

Then again, very few things stays successful indefinitely, and I'm sure FIM isn't capable to do so. I just hope these discussions of an entirely new world are just brainstorming ideas to salvage and adapt them in a spinoff show. Not ready to say goodbye to FIM yet, still got much to offer. 

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, cosmo22477 said:

again im not saying fim has to stay  idefinitely,but i'd take  these leaks with a grain of salt.also agree on the world,i hope they dont get rid of equestria.

Many of us do, many of us do. Equestria is too rich to get rid off. We all know Hasbro is indifferent to it, but the new show developers have enough material to make at least two new shows withing FiM's lore. It's possible that the last known status of the leaks of it being a start over, is a common tactic to brainstorm ideas to see what they can salvage from them. Want an example? The guardians, and the Sheikah technology in general from Zelda BOTW. Did you know that at one point this Zelda was going to be in a modern era, dealing with an alien invasion? Well, it's obviously scrapped, but BOTW has ideas from that early development salvaged and adapted to the usual medieval fantasy.

The latest stages of development known from the upcoming show mention stuff about more action, different dimensions, and different races of ponies living each in a different planet meting on a fourth. Other than the latest, nothing else is out of place in Equestria, just put some new main characters, and go into more adventures :kindness: