Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Signature Error Help

Spacey

To whoever can help~

I recently tried updating my signature with a gif. I have used the gif before in my signature but for some reason this time it sits there trying to update for like 2 minutes then crashes and sends me to the two ponies looking at the computer on fire (cute picture xD). I have tried several times in the past couple days with no luck. Just wondering if its a problem on my end or is the site having an issue?

Tanx to whoever can help ^-^

• Brohoof 1

I'm having a problem with signatures, too. In my case, all I'm doing is trying to update the text below the image, and then the same error message with the sad Pixel Wavelength comes up.

So fret not, @Spacey, I think the signature-editing function is what's broken. Not your device or internet connection.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Spacey said:

To whoever can help~

I recently tried updating my signature with a gif. I have used the gif before in my signature but for some reason this time it sits there trying to update for like 2 minutes then crashes and sends me to the two ponies looking at the computer on fire (cute picture xD). I have tried several times in the past couple days with no luck. Just wondering if its a problem on my end or is the site having an issue?

Tanx to whoever can help ^-^

Can you post the link to the .gif here? That's happened to others and I want to science what's happening and see if I can help

Yep, yep, this is a problem on Poniverse's end, not yours, as the 'something went wrong' page with cute ponies says. ^_^ 

The problem are images. If your signature contains an image or gif, it will cause that error. Removing the image and having only text will allow you to update your signature, but once you'll do that, you'll not be able to put the image back.

You can use attachments though. These work, but the images have an unwanted frame (gray lines around borders, that is) that way.

I've reported that issue some time ago, so for more information, take a look at this thread. (it also has that image with cute ponies! :wub: )

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm intending to look at this issue again when I have a PC, it's not forgotten about I promise. I'm just moving so a few things are on hold while I'm stuck on mobile.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to say this is still happening and I'm running into this when trying to remove something from my signature. In this case a link to a now defunct YT channel. My sig does contain an image though which I need to stay.

When will this be fixed please?