Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NASCAR/Auto Racing Discussion

Patty Thundersnow

On 2/26/2018 at 2:30 PM, Chrysalis14 said:

Yeah, he's been having these struggles since last June, this year hasn't the best start.

It seems like if he wins the 500, he has a good start. If he doesn't, it'll probably be Fontana before his first win. And if he makes it that far winless, Fontana will be his first win. You gotta realize, yeah, this is his longest winless streak but I wouldn't exactly call it a losing streak. And 25 races is still not a full season. Drivers have rebounded from much longer winless streaks to get more wins and still be a championship contender. I still find it impressive that he's never gone a full season without a win. Last weekend when I was playing NASCAR 2003 (yeah, I'm old school) it was weird seeing his car with rookie stripes.:wacko:

• Brohoof 1

For the second straight week, Kevin Harvick picks up the win in the Pennzoil 400 at Las Vegas. He was all out dominant again this week, leading 214 out of 267 laps in the victory. 

Top 10

1. Kevin Harvick
  2. Kyle Busch
  3. Kyle Larson
  4. Martin Truex Jr.
  5. Ryan Blaney
  6. Brad Keslowski
  7. Joey Logano
  8. Erik Jones
  9. Paul Menard
  10. Aric Almirola

Other notables: Jimmie Johnson had a solid race, coming home in 12th. Darrell "Bubba" Wallace and William Byron both struggled in their first starts at the track in the cup series, finishing 21st and 27th respectively. Kurt Busch and Chase Ellott were involved in a accident on lap 183, ending their chances for winning. Kurt finsiehd 35th, while Chase finished 34th.

Points situation
With the win, Kevin Harvick takes over the points lead

Next weekend, The Monster Energy Cup and Xfinity series continues the west coast swing with their first of two visits to ISM (Phoenix) Raceway, the final race with the current configureation of the track. Truck series is off until Martinsville later this month.

• Brohoof 3

I'm a little relieved Jimmie had a better run this time around. 12th isn't a bad place to finish, especially when he started the race in 36th or something like that. Maybe he's finally getting over this "slump" 

• Brohoof 1

On 3/5/2018 at 8:10 AM, Lucky Bolt said:

I'm a little relieved Jimmie had a better run this time around. 12th isn't a bad place to finish, especially when he started the race in 36th or something like that. Maybe he's finally getting over this "slump" 

He's still got a ways to go yet. Still early in the season, but someone will have to dethrone Harvick at ISM (Phoenix).

(edited)

Breaking News (NASCAR)
Lowe's to leave the sport after this season.

Lowe's the longtime sponsor for Jimmie Johnson, and and for Various drivers before, like Brett Bodine, Mike Skinner, Jeff Green and Robby Gordon, is leaving the sport after the 2018 season. 

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/story/_/id/22764133/lowe-not-return-hendrick-2019

Edited by Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather

30 minutes ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

Breaking News (NASCAR)
Lowe's to leave the sport after this season.

Lowe's the longtime sponsor for Jimmie Johnson, and and for Various drivers before, like Brett Bodine, Mike Skinner, Jeff Green and , is leaving the sport after the 2018 season. 

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/story/_/id/22764133/lowe-not-return-hendrick-2019

That's a bombshell headline.:blink: I for one didn't see it coming, but I doubt they'll have trouble finding a new sponsor.

Well, Jimmie Johnson finally broke his 10 race with no top 10s streak at Auto Club Raceway. Drove the wheels off the car to finish in 9th, after starting in 33rd. 

Martin Truex Jr. ended up winning.

Next weekend is one of my favorite races on the schedule, the spring Martinsville race. Truck Series returns to action as well.

Bit of news coming out of NASCAR today. Daniel Hemric, Xfinity series regular, will be making his Cup series debut with RCR in the #8 Camero. His first race will be the race at Richmond next month. He is also scheduled to run on the roval course at Charlotte in September.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

Bit of news coming out of NASCAR today. Daniel Hemric, Xfinity series regular, will be making his Cup series debut with RCR in the #8 Camero. His first race will be the race at Richmond next month. He is also scheduled to run on the roval course at Charlotte in September.

First time that an 8 car will run in cup since Aric Almirola driven it in 2009 which is 9 years ago, Teresa E is probably one of my least favourite people in the sport at the moment due to her selfishness.

Hard to believe this picture was from 9 years ago considering how recent it looks right here. 

Aric+Almirola+Samsung+500+Practice+BJjjf

• Brohoof 2

19 hours ago, That said:

First time that an 8 car will run in cup since Aric Almirola driven it in 2009 which is 9 years ago, Teresa E is probably one of my least favourite people in the sport at the moment due to her selfishness.

Hard to believe this picture was from 9 years ago considering how recent it looks right here. 

Aric+Almirola+Samsung+500+Practice+BJjjf

Pretty hard to believe that it's been that long. But not surprising. Teresa has pitched hissyfits about her husband's trademarks with Kerry Earnhardt. So, i'm honestly NOT surprised it took this long to get the 8 back in the sport.

I hate it when they gotta race on a Monday. :dry: 

We were even gonna have a backyard cookout for race day today, looks like there'll be no race to watch. :(

No NASCAR today but the F1 race was quite the show. American team was on track for their best finish ever but then they had pit trouble which helped Vettel take the lead from Hamilton.

Just realized, this means NASCAR is racing on my birthday at one of my favorite tracks:D. Awesome!

Edited by What?
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, What? said:

No NASCAR today but the F1 race was quite the show. American team was on track for their best finish ever but then they had pit trouble which helped Vettel take the lead from Hamilton.

Just realized, this means NASCAR is racing on my birthday at one of my favorite tracks:D. Awesome!

Yeah, my driver was doing quite well until the pit incident, there was nothing we could've done once they left pit road.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Nick Foals said:

Yeah, my driver was doing quite well until the pit incident, there was nothing we could've done once they left pit road.

Dang it, if I knew there was a F1 race on this morning, i'd probably would have watched some of it.

9 hours ago, Who? said:

I hate it when they gotta race on a Monday. :dry: 

We were even gonna have a backyard cookout for race day today, looks like there'll be no race to watch. :(

Not the first time they've had to run at Martinsville on a monday.

3 minutes ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

Not the first time they've had to run at Martinsville on a monday.

Not at all. I remember on the bloopers for the NASCAR 2003 video game for the lightning challenges, Ricky Craven kept messing up and saying "On a Sunday October Monday" instead of "sunny October Monday" when trying to read the script for the introduction of a challenge at Martinsville.

Also not the first delay for snow. Might be the worst snow delay but not the only one. Anyone else remember "Snowball Bristol?"

14 minutes ago, What? said:

Not at all. I remember on the bloopers for the NASCAR 2003 video game for the lightning challenges, Ricky Craven kept messing up and saying "On a Sunday October Monday" instead of "sunny October Monday" when trying to read the script for the introduction of a challenge at Martinsville.

Also not the first delay for snow. Might be the worst snow delay but not the only one. Anyone else remember "Snowball Bristol?"

I remember one guy saying something in those videos but I forgot who it was, I think it was Ward Burton.

2 minutes ago, Nick Foals said:

I remember one guy saying something in those videos but I forgot who it was, I think it was Ward Burton.

It was the Busch series race, I guess about 10 years ago already if I remember right. They started the race and before they could get the first 50 laps in, it started snowing out of nowhere. There was a crash, they went to commercial break, and when they came back, the red flag was out and the cars were leaving tracks in the snow. It was a fun red flag to watch, the pitcrews were building snowmen and having snowball fights.

4 minutes ago, What? said:

It was the Busch series race, I guess about 10 years ago already if I remember right. They started the race and before they could get the first 50 laps in, it started snowing out of nowhere. There was a crash, they went to commercial break, and when they came back, the red flag was out and the cars were leaving tracks in the snow. It was a fun red flag to watch, the pitcrews were building snowmen and having snowball fights.

Yeah, it was, it was rare to see especially in that time of year, I guess I know why they don't race during the winter.

42 minutes ago, What? said:

12 years ago today actually.

7 minutes ago, What? said:

That my friends is why the season starts out with Florida, Georgia, and the West Tour, to try and avoid this problem.

They used to have Richmond as the second race of the season back in the 1980s.

2 hours ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

They used to have Richmond as the second race of the season back in the 1980s.

I vaguely remember a time when Rockingham was the second race on the schedule.

1 minute ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

That was the mid 1990s through 2003.

2003 was about the time I started watching NASCAR hardcore. I was 4 so I barely remember it. Mostly all I remember is the 2003 race at Darlington is what really got me, and the rest of my family, hooked on watching NASCAR. That and Jimmie Johnson and his car were the coolest.:lol: (and they still are)