Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Good afternoon, folks.

The Recherche

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

rarity

How did you find MLP Forums?

I Googled it.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Morbid curiosity. I was aware of the fandom ever since its inception way back when, but I've only recently decided to become part of the fandom itself.

Considering which forum this is posted in, you can probably guess what I'm trying to accomplish here.

So... yup. This is me. Here's hoping it's all smooth sailing from here!

• Brohoof 13

2 hours ago, BronyNumber42licious said:

What are your hobbies? Where are you from?

Honestly, I don't have a whole lot going on right now. I used to be an avid gamer, but I've fallen out of it within the past few months. I might pick one up periodically, but I'm nowhere near as involved in video games as I used to be. Fortunately, I've been getting more and more into writing nowadays, but I'm still just getting started.

In terms of location, I'll say that I'm from the U.S.; I honestly don't want to go further than that.

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, BronyNumber42licious said:

Gamer. Hmm, there might be one or two gamers here ^_^

Gaming has definitely become a juggernaut of an industry. I suppose I just burned myself out on them.

Now I have a Nintendo Switch lying around with a bunch of games that I don't even want to play... I might get around to it at some point, though.

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Welcome to the forums, @Recherche, I hope you enjoy your stay here!

How are you?

Cute Rarity pic, btw.

Thanks much!

How am I doing? Eh, I can't complain. Truly, can you ask for much more?

Yeah, I found the image on the MLP wiki gallery, in case you were curious.

• Brohoof 4

Hello there! ^_^ 

Personally I still love to play games. :icwudt: Gaming (and pretty much everything) is way much better if you have a brother, who has pretty much the same interests as you. :D There's no way to be bored. :yay:  Sadly, due to my not-really-nice shifts, I relatively rarely can spend the time with him. :twi: 

What about you? What kind of games you used to play? And how is the writing going? Are these fanfictions or something else? :squee: 

Either way, welcome to the herd! :) 

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Hello there! ^_^ 

Personally I still love to play games. :icwudt: Gaming (and pretty much everything) is way much better if you have a brother, who has pretty much the same interests as you. :D There's no way to be bored. :yay:  Sadly, due to my not-really-nice shifts, I relatively rarely can spend the time with him. :twi: 

What about you? What kind of games you used to play? And how is the writing going? Are these fanfictions or something else? :squee: 

Either way, welcome to the herd! :) 

Yeah, having a sibling whose interest align with yours must be pretty nice to have. I have siblings as well, but we're honestly kinda distant (figuratively and literally; one of them lives on the other side of the country). We don't dislike each other by any means, but we don't have an uber-close bond.

Back when I was an avid gamer, my favorites genre was RPGs (western and eastern). I can't exactly explain why, but they appeal to me the most. Like I said, I'll still play a video game here or there, but it's not a huge hobby of mine anymore.

In terms of writing, I'm a beginner right now, so I'm making the rookie mistakes that most others do. In that sense, it's going pretty well, due to the fact that I'm making slow but steady progress. Also, I mainly focus on original materials, not fanfiction. I don't have anything outright against it, but I would much rather come up with something myself than write something for an already existing franchise.

Finally, Thanks for the welcome! My first impressions of this site are pretty good so far!

• Brohoof 5

It definitely is. :) I see, I can imagine that. Sorry to hear that.

15 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Back when I was an avid gamer, my favorites genre was RPGs (western and eastern). (...)

I also like RPG's, where jRPG's aren't really my taste I suppose. As for my most favorite genres of games, I think these will be survival/crafting~+open world I think. These are always interesting to toy with. :P Either way if there's coop either online or local, then pretty much any game will be fun to play. :P 

11 minutes ago, Recherche said:

In terms of writing, I'm a beginner right now, so I'm making the rookie mistakes that most others do. In that sense, it's going pretty well, due to the fact that I'm making slow but steady progress.

Good to hear! Stay positive and keep it up! :) 

12 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Also, I mainly focus on original materials, not fanfiction. I don't have anything outright against it, but I would much rather come up with something myself than write something for an already existing franchise.

I see, that's understandable, no worries, I was just curious. I'm wondering though, are you focusing on something specific or are you sticking to whatever inspiration you'll find?

14 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Finally, Thanks for the welcome! My first impressions of this site are pretty good so far!

That's great! :yay: 

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Rikifive said:

It definitely is. :) I see, I can imagine that. Sorry to hear that.

I also like RPG's, where jRPG's aren't really my taste I suppose. As for my most favorite genres of games, I think these will be survival/crafting~+open world I think. These are always interesting to toy with. :P Either way if there's coop either online or local, then pretty much any game will be fun to play. :P 

Good to hear! Stay positive and keep it up! :) 

I see, that's understandable, no worries, I was just curious. I'm wondering though, are you focusing on something specific or are you sticking to whatever inspiration you'll find?

That's great! :yay: 

It's no big deal, really. Like I said, we don't hate each other at all, we're just not super close.

I have pretty conflicting opinions on open world games, honestly. On one hand, they offer an incredible amount of freedom... but on the other hand, they rarely have a concrete goal. Not to mention, open world games are starting to become played out, kinda like First Person Shoooters back in the day. There are a few open world games I like, but only a few have managed to wow me.

Oh, don't worry; I don't have any intention of slowing down anytime soon. ;)

As of right now, I'm largely sticking to one project. When it comes to inspiration, I usually try to analyse pieces of media that I like to see what makes me like them so much, so I can learn from it and improve upon the story that I'm currently writing. The story is still in very early stages (who am I kidding... I haven't even written anything yet), but it's slowly but surely coming together.

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

Welcome to the forums! Have fun meeting other ponies, playing forum games, having discussions, or whatever else you’d like to do!:D

Thank you very much, Rhythm!

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Vintjack Greasymane said:

Hey, there!

Welcome aboard, my friend! I hope you'll make lots of friends, here!:P

If you feel like you wanna chat a little bit, or just want to share some thoughts, you can PM me at any time!

Have fun!:lol:

Thank you, my dude!

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Recherche said:

I have pretty conflicting opinions on open world games, honestly. On one hand, they offer an incredible amount of freedom... but on the other hand, they rarely have a concrete goal. Not to mention, open world games are starting to become played out, kinda like First Person Shoooters back in the day. There are a few open world games I like, but only a few have managed to wow me.

Yes, yes. I do like that freedom, but sometimes there indeed is no point, as it mostly generates only confusion. It also depends on the genre of game. If it's survival/crafting- I do love to have infinitely-randomly generated world to explore, since the game itself doesn't really have a goal anyway; in other genres-- it's a pretty risky feature to have most of the time, as not always it's a good thing.

14 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Oh, don't worry; I don't have any intention of slowing down anytime soon. ;)

That's the spirit! :D 

15 minutes ago, Recherche said:

As of right now, I'm largely sticking to one project. When it comes to inspiration, I usually try to analyse pieces of media that I like to see what makes me like them so much, so I can learn from it and improve upon the story that I'm currently writing. The story is still in very early stages (who am I kidding... I haven't even written anything yet), but it's slowly but surely coming together.

I see. Small steps, small steps, that's how it goes. :muffins:  Well, I wish you luck then! I hope you'll achieve what you want. :) 

• Brohoof 3

Hello and welcome to the herd, you fellow pony stranger. :)

2 hours ago, FlitterFlutter said:

Wow wonderful avatar <3

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay. 

Heh, thanks; I found it on the MLP Wiki gallery, in case you wanted to know.

If this website is the way it seems, than enjoying myself shouldn't be too hard!

• Brohoof 2

Welcome to MLPF. 

I have to say I'm impressed with your posting style, mannerisms, choice of favorite character, and general temperament. The username also caught my attention due to its clever pun. :D

Hope to see you around @Recherche

• Brohoof 4