Hello, everyone!

I was thinking about making this topic for a while, and only now decided to do it, but, what are your most creepy moments from this show?

For me, personally, that would have to go to the scene where Twilight and the Mane Six lost their cutie marks to Starlight back in season 5, though honestly, I thought the whole idea of The Cutie Map itself was pretty creepy, with the fact that it was about this cult like village in the middle of nowhere, where everyone is expected to be equal, and who knows how long that village must have been around before the Mane Six knew about it... Not to mention what came after the Mane Six lost their cutie marks.

Still though, the sounds of Twilight struggling as her cutie mark is peeled off really makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason.

• Brohoof 2

Aspiring animator/illustrator, founder of MLPF's Lighthoof and Shimmy Shake fan club!

"The magic of friendship grows"

5 minutes ago, Barique said:

I was never really legitimately creeped out by anything in the show, but the closest thing was probably this:

Ponies gone MAD!!! You never expect it and when it happens, you'll begin to question if this is the same show, lol!

Aspiring animator/illustrator, founder of MLPF's Lighthoof and Shimmy Shake fan club!

@Nightfall Gloam Gonna have to agree with you on The Cutie Map. Most of it is very unsettling and eerie. But that’s part of the reason why it’s so good!

• Brohoof 3

FinalM6Banner.png.1fc5746b51cf455ac51ccb9004ac818a.png

MLP Forums' own PUNK ROCK pony!

Alternative rock, pop punk, punk rock, and a lil’ bit of emo. ;) 

"The Cutie Map" is a pretty good candidate for creepiest episode. The villagers' forced smiles immediately show that there's something bad going on, and the whole subject matter is quite dark.

Luna's nightmare in "A Royal Problem" is also pretty creepy: the foals with their blank stares and chanting and Luna's teeth falling out.

• Brohoof 5

1643623560_tacodidrasignature(bysparklefan1234).gif.c9b58495d983ed4ff485d6fb7d43d298.gif

Signature by @Sparklefan1234

The hallway scene in Baby Cakes, straight up horror fuel.

29 minutes ago, Jeric said:

This scene is definitely on my list of creepy moments, especially when I first saw it. I was like ... :blink:

img-2013584-1-640px-Sweetie_Belle_jumps_

Don’t pay attention to what you’re seeing, just watch this cute song!

Edited by ShootingStar159
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ShootingStar159 said:

The hallway scene in Baby Cakes, straight up horror fuel.

That's definitely an underrated one, which I'm surprised the fandom didn't talk about more. 

Just skipped ahead and noticed some echoing baby pony sounds... Again, how is this scene not talked about very often?!

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, heavens-champion said:

Twilight and her friends and the Royal Family opening and closing their eyes while cocooned in To Where and Back Again. Was that really necessary?

I agree. That was just a huge dose of Nightmare Fuel with seeing them like that without any knowledge or information on how they were kidnapped in the first place and put in the cocoons to begin with. It was essentially what happened to Celestia in A Canterlot Wedding, only taken Up To Eleven in To Where and Back Again. One Princess floating inside a cocoon that looks like it is breathing is bad enough. Multiply it by five Princesses, five Ponyville mares, one unicorn Prince/Captain of the Royal Guard, and a baby dragon with Chrysalis actually clinging to the cocoons the Royal Sisters are in, and I'm about ready to turn into a Boomer and puke all over the place from even looking at it, if only for a second.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Sonic5421 said:

I agree. That was just a huge dose of Nightmare Fuel with seeing them like that without any knowledge or information on how they were kidnapped in the first place and put in the cocoons to begin with. It was essentially what happened to Celestia in A Canterlot Wedding, only taken Up To Eleven in To Where and Back Again. One Princess floating inside a cocoon that looks like it is breathing is bad enough. Multiply it by five Princesses, five Ponyville mares, one unicorn Prince/Captain of the Royal Guard, and a baby dragon with Chrysalis actually clinging to the cocoons the Royal Sisters are in, and I'm about ready to turn into a Boomer and puke all over the place from even looking at it, if only for a second.

No. The cocoons were fine. I was talking about how the prisoners were opening and closing their eyes for no good reason. The animators should have just kept their eyes closed. what was the whole point of having them opening and closing their eyes?

Edited by heavens-champion

1 minute ago, heavens-champion said:

No. The cocoons were fine. Them opening and closing their eyes was not. Just keep their eyes closed, animators.

That much I would agree with, though it still leaves a lot of scratching heads regarding how Chrysalis pulled it off to get 12 main characters back to her hive and hung in cocoons over her throne without alerting anyone except for Sunburst and Starlight.

Just now, Sonic5421 said:

That much I would agree with, though it still leaves a lot of scratching heads regarding how Chrysalis pulled it off to get 12 main characters back to her hive and hung in cocoons over her throne without alerting anyone except for Sunburst and Starlight.

But why did the animators need the characters to constantly open and close their eyes? All they had to do was have them sleep with their eyes closed while inside? Obviously you missed the part where I mentioned them constantly opening and closing their eyes.

1 minute ago, heavens-champion said:

But why did the animators need the characters to constantly open and close their eyes? All they had to do was have them sleep with their eyes closed while inside? Obviously you missed the part where I mentioned them constantly opening and closing their eyes.

No, I didn't. I caught that part, and I agree. Having them look like they were semi-conscious in the cocoons rather than sleeping peacefully was going too far on the creepiness of the moment. Animators should have toned it down a bit.

Oh, now THIS is a fun topic. From the top:

"Party of One" - I maintain that Pinkie's break from reality is every bit as sad as it is scary, but it's pretty unsettling to see her barely maintaining her composure while talking to inanimate objects. 

"Lesson Zero" - Twilight's freakout still terrifies me all these years later. Methinks we should be glad that she's gotten better at dealing with stress. 

"The Crystal Empire" - I find the way the episode leaves the details of Sombra's reign mysterious to be pretty creepy. All we know is that he enslaved the crystal ponies, that they've literally lost their lustre, and that they don't remember anything. What happened back then?

"Too Many Pinkie Pies" - More of an existential horror than anything, but the fact that Pinkie is reduced to questioning her own existence, her own authenticity as a person, is deceptively dark. 

"For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils" - Sweetie Belle's nightmare is properly unsettling. 

"The Cutie Map" - The dilapidated houses. The creepy song. The desperation of the townsponies to feel who they once were. The pained noises the ponies make when their cutie marks are being removed. The horrifying brainwashing cell. Darkest episode of the series? 

"Every Little Thing She Does" - Starlight mind-controlling the mane five. 

"To Where and Back Again" - There's a scene in this where Chrysalis crawls down these green pods, filled with the ponies she has captured, and twists her head around not once, but twice. Delightfully creepy. 

"A Royal Problem" - The nightmare sequences in this are pretty unsettling as well. 

"A Health of Information" - That tree which turns people into trees is pretty freaky when you think about it. 

• Brohoof 3

I was going to mention Chrysalis twisting her head around, but seeing how someone already mentioned that I am going to go with my second pick.

That being Sci Twi's transformation into Midnight Sparkle as she cries out for help, only for her cries to be in vain as the magic begins to corrupt her mind and body as she loses herself to it.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

CJlO22H.png

I've never been legit scared of a scene in the show, but the scene from "To where and back again" with all the kidnapped ponies strung up in those pods from the cave roof was kinda creepy.............

Related image

And when Chrysalis pretty much broke her neck looking at Starlight was just plain gross :eww:

• Brohoof 3

KOC_Enhanced_Signature.png.4b90cc740c785197afd73eab70a66685.png.4bb3411caa730089ef0d498635d6eaff.png

RA RA RASPUTIN

The whole concept of "A Health of Information" was quite creepy in itself; almost "Last of Us" kind of dark. The thought of ponies or any creature turning into trees due to pollen, and that it could spread to others?

Just where did that tree that infected Zecora come from? Or...from who...? o_o

• Brohoof 2

0C974976-AEAC-473F-A904-E17FE9F80486.png
Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~
Matching signatures with mah Bestie MOONLIGHT <3

On 3/10/2018 at 9:29 PM, King of Canterlot said:

I've never been legit scared of a scene in the show, but the scene from "To where and back again" with all the kidnapped ponies strung up in those pods from the cave roof was kinda creepy.............

Related image

And when Chrysalis pretty much broke her neck looking at Starlight was just plain gross :eww:

Trust me, you're not the only one haunted by this image with Chrysalis looking and sounding even more evil than what we saw in the Season 2 finale. That's why I marked this as my least favorite finale after laying eyes on it.

• Brohoof 1

As far as I've seen, none of the creepy scenes in the episodes they were shown in have come close to creeping me out since I've nearly died as a child years ago. If the show writers start writing in character deaths, I think that might do it for me. Until then, I will be enjoying the insanity that is known as "life" itself without getting scared/creeped out by anything the show throws at us fans in the episodes that have yet to be seen on the show.

Edited by Dante_Wubbington