Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Pony OC's body type

StormBlaze

Anyone else ever get into epic detail when designing your OC? Or do you just leave the body size default to the show?

I'm only askin because I get Stormy drawn as a horse quite often and I have this set horse breed/body type in my head of her.

If Stormy was in the show then she would be a bog standard pegasus mare. But when I drew her in a more real perspective i imagne her to be like me as a horse, so she is tall and bulky like that of a shire horse (but not AS big), she's chunky but strong. She also has feathered hooves - like that of Big Mac. Seeing as larger more sturdy horse breeds have more feathering and wooly fur in places. (they're the best). Stormy is not really that graceful or atheletic for a pegasus. She enjoys her food and snoozing, but is capable of knocking you over or moving heavy objects.

Anyone else get this in depth with their OC or is it something you never thought of before? I'm very interested to hear what you guys come up with. Horses/ponies come in all shapes and sizes, just like humans.

• Brohoof 1

That's actually not something I have considered strongly. Really, I tend to just go by the show, and with details like color palette, color design, mane/tail size, etc., that's one detail that I tend to forgo out of instinct.

• Brohoof 1

Built like a Friesian!

Stormblaze is gorgeous.

I think it's an interesting consideration. Especially since even the show has a pretty good variety of body types if one considers the many background/secondary characters introduced.

• Brohoof 1

I'm picky about Rosie's hair and her posture/the body language in her poses more than her physical body type. Her body shape is very similar to the other ponies so as to fit in with the show's continuity better.

I know I just used the basic pony oc maker for myself but I purposefully made it a little bit taller to reflect my height over the average person and I'll describe general hight height when doing character designs, but it's usually very slight and not that noticeable.

• 2 weeks later...

Fudge Cookie and Sundae Shake would have the same "heavy" foal types as Truffle Shuffle and Babs Seed, respectively.

Refund Check would share Hondo Flanks', minus the horn since he's an earth pony.

Ruby Shears would have the same body type as Twilight Velvet, also without the horn.

Thrillseeker would share Soarin's type.

I can see Alto Tuner having the same body type as Ms. Peachbottom.

• 3 years later...