Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Drawing Program

Kevin Tang

I don't know a good drawing program to draw, perhaps some of you know the one that is free and quite good?

Why the free one? Don't judge me! I am only doing this for fun, ok!

Thanks for your help!

I think the best drawing programs are photoshopp  and paint tool sai though it kinda depends what kind of art you want to draw since different programs specialize in different things though they arent free. Sai has free trial though so you can test it out

• Brohoof 1

I like MS Paint,,, you're very limited but there's enough to copy the show's style, so if that's any indication on what you can achieve with some time and effort.

• Brohoof 1

Inkscape , is amazing for Line work and Colors...especially if you don't have a Stylus. 

for Shading though...I don't really know a good one since my top picks aren't free...If you were willing to spend a few bucks , I'd go ClipStudio...If I recall it's only 50Usd...and you can try it for free.

Another option, which isn't "technically" free...Is buying a Wacom Tablet Intuos Comic...Which gives you a free copy of Clip Studio Pro and Smith Anime Studio...Both really good. 

• Brohoof 1

I hear Inkscape is a good free option, as I can understand not wanting to pay the $500 or so for Photoshop when you're just starting out. It also depends on your tablet. I have a Huion that me and my wife share and sadly Paint Tool Sai does not appear to work with it (which used to be my go-to program!) but photoshop works amazing with it, but photoshop is a far steeper learning curve. It's hard to say.

I would start with Inkscape or GIMP and if you REALLY feel comfortable and want to go further, buy Sai, it's super mega cheap.

In my opinion, I highly recommend Krita. Is a free open-source drawing program mainly focused on digital painting. I use it nowadays as my main program. I also use Paint Tool Sai for lineart, and sometimes I use Photoshop for some corrections.

• Brohoof 1

Medibang Paint Pro is what I have been using, it is free and I find it easy to use and explore, there are also lots of downloadable brushes (free as well)

• Brohoof 1

Paint Tool SAI is still my go-to suggestion for digital artwork, but Clip Art Studio is great if you're willing to invest -a little bit-.

@Kevin_Tang The topic has been moved to Photo Finish's Magics as it is related to Visual Art. Please do take into consideration reading the section-specific descriptions, forum guidelines as well as checking the theme of the section you are about to post in.

Have a lovely day now!

Clip Studio Paint is definetely definitely something you should strive to get acquainted with. Has all you need from photoshop plus along with artistic orientation like that of SAI.