Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Official E3 2018 Hype Train!

Kai-rouken

All aboard who's coming aboard!!~ This is the second annual KRA-hosted Electronic Entertainment Expo Hype Train headed on a one-way course to E3 2018 in Los Angeles, USA! Come and join our collective descent into madness as we painstakingly await the arrival of June 12th!

367fa3c8d3691779c469811c16077d5abe917e8b

This thread is for discussion, debate, speculation, and general anticipation relating to the upcoming E3 

farming-simulator-19-exciting-surprise-a

Does "greatness" truly await? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm extremely disappointed if 343 won't announce Halo 6 this year.

I actually wouldn't mind if the game itself wouldn't be released this year (just took all the time you need  in order to make an actual, finished, working product and not yet again one more unpolished monstrosity like the last one :eww:) but fans and community need at least some kind of teaser or hint. This drought have continued long enough.

Other than that, I'm quite interested to see what Bethesda has cooked up this year and what is the next step for the VR games.

@CHA0SXIII what was that you said about Starfield? *hides behind the cover and puts on a tin foil hat*

Edited by Divine plywood

I'm waiting to see what Nintendo has to offer this time around even though we already know much thanks to their direct earlier this year.

Eh, going to try hard not to get too hyped about this. I mean, Pokemon really flopped hard in my mind (worse than my worst predictions). Super Smash Bros 5 will probably be standard fare, and thus not too exciting for me anymore. My biggest hope now is for Animal Crossing to show up.

18 minutes ago, Envy said:

Super Smash Bros 5 will probably be standard fare, and thus not too exciting for me anymore.

The question is... will it be Smash 5, or simply an enhanced port of Sm4sh? Judging by the release window of 2018 coupled with the fact that the Switch isn't exactly a graphical powerhouse, I am far more willing to believe it would be the latter. Which is truly a shame, but, ya know, what can ya do. I'm at least hoping for some hyped new character reveals (maybe a Waluigi or a non-Peach clone Daisy?) <-- Something that level of awesome. Personally, I would absolutely love to get more Mother series representation, but I'm not about to cross my fingers on that one; been burned too many times Q.Q An adventure mode would be very appreciated too~

2 hours ago, Divine plywood said:

I'm extremely disappointed if 343 won't announce Halo 6 this year.

I actually wouldn't mind if the game itself wouldn't be released this year (just took all the time you need  in order to make an actual, finished, working product and not yet again one more unpolished monstrosity like the last one :eww:)

Aww, I actually liked Halo 5. I mean, sure the story sucked and the inclusion of aim assist was a monumental insult to long time players, but I quite appreciated the effort to get the game locked to 60fps on all consoles along with the new weapon additions and single player campaign (minus the cut-scenes that is lol). I'm not even much a fan of the more linear-styed shooters (I much prefer stuff like Bioshock or Fallout 3/ NV) but I did genuinely enjoy Halo 5's campaign, at least on Legendary (I cannot vouch for the lower, potentially braindead, difficulty settings).

Speaking of Bioshock, a little birdie told me that 2k has been working on a new iteration for quite awhile now. I'm also perfectly fine with Levine not being involved (after all, my favorite entry in the series, Bioshock 2, had little-to-no input from him either). Would be awesome to see a gameplay trailer at E3. Hopefully something that matches the awesome pre-rendered footage from the Bioshock 2 reveal =^-^=

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Celli said:

I only care about Metroid Prime 4.

Mostly this, I mean I will see what's being offered and I'm open to being pleasantly surprised but I am mostly in for Metroid Prime 4 and MAYBE a new Animal Crossing.

16 minutes ago, Kai-rouken said:

The question is... will it be Smash 5, or simply an enhanced port of Sm4sh?

While we may not 100% sure, the evidence really overwhelmingly points toward it being a new game. We start with the teaser of the game, which really avoids doing anything that could associate it with Super Smash Bros 4. Even if, for some reason, Nintendo wanted to be vague in the teaser, there are too many signs pointing toward a new game. The logo is different, there is no crediting of Bandai Namco (which would be pretty darn necessary if this were a port), etc. etc.

If the game is actually a port after all of that, I don't think it will be received very well. I most certainly would not buy it.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Envy said:

While we may not 100% sure, the evidence really overwhelmingly points toward it being a new game. We start with the teaser of the game, which really avoids doing anything that could associate it with Super Smash Bros 4. Even if, for some reason, Nintendo wanted to be vague in the teaser, there are too many signs pointing toward a new game. The logo is different, there is no crediting of Bandai Namco (which would be pretty darn necessary if this were a port), etc. etc

This^ 

Not to mention Sakurai has been confirmed to be working on it, and he hasn't worked on Smash since Melee.

@Divine plywood I said they MIGHT be giving us something on Starfield this year! (though it wouldn't surprise me if Bethesda is just trolling us with these "hints" at it), and be for ANYONE here tells me that this train of thought is crazy, in my defense, it's not my CRAZIEST idea... My craziest idea would be this:

sunbuttisjc.thumb.png.12db2966b03a3923a6f4cd03280994d6.png                                                                                                          

52 minutes ago, Celli said:

Not to mention Sakurai has been confirmed to be working on it, and he hasn't worked on Smash since Melee.

Who worked on Brawl? :o Also, I was under the impression that Sakurai "needed a break" from all the crazy hours he worked on coding/ balancing the character roster in Sm4sh.

6 minutes ago, Kai-rouken said:

Who worked on Brawl? :o Also, I was under the impression that Sakurai "needed a break" from all the crazy hours he worked on coding/ balancing the character roster in Sm4sh.

I was mistaken. HAL is working on Smash 5 and they haven't done Smash since Melee. That's what I meant to say. 

58 minutes ago, Celli said:

I was mistaken. HAL is working on Smash 5 and they haven't done Smash since Melee. That's what I meant to say. 

Ah ok, no worries /)^3^(\

If only Smash 5 was a proper Melee 2 tho... That would be like a dream come true for me <3

Another dream come true would be if Capcom decided to take their collective heads out of their asses and release a new Darkstalkers/ Vampire game using Unreal Engine 4 or even better, a full sequel to Dragon's Dogma!...

...but there I go setting my expectations too high again Q.Q

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Celli said:

This^ 

But he did work on Brawl.

Smash 5 is gonna be a major game so that's already got my attention, but I also want to know what Platinum is cooking up(besides Bayonetta 3 of course)

1 minute ago, Twilight Luna said:

I’m hoping that Bethesda mentions Elder Scrolls 6. That would be huge.

^I hope they show it, not just mention it. Nothing more disappointing to me then getting a title drop and nothing substantive to accompany it (looking at you Metroid Prime 4 >.>). Even if it's not gameplay, I at least wanna know what the creative vision is, you know?

My main thing is Spyro for the Switch. I already have it preordered for PS4, and I would REALLY like to have it portable. That said, I'm also hoping for something show off how Spyro 2 & 3 look in the Reignited Trilogy. :3

15 minutes ago, Kai-rouken said:

^I hope they show it, not just mention it. Nothing more disappointing to me then getting a title drop and nothing substantive to accompany it (looking at you Metroid Prime 4 >.>). Even if it's not gameplay, I at least wanna know what the creative vision is, you know?

That’s what I was trying to say. Lol. It’s going to take something huge to beat Skyrim. I hope it’s not going to be like FF VII remastered where they show footage but never release it. 

22 minutes ago, Kai-rouken said:

Nintendo knew showing a title would be enough to rile people up. The thing is, the Metroid series was dormant at that point for 6 years, so in my opinion it was justified. And Nintendo knows people want to see more and they're doing that this year, in just a few days. 

13 minutes ago, Celli said:

Nintendo knows people want to see more and they're doing that this year, in just a few days. 

^Let's hope that's the case lol

16 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

That’s what I was trying to say. Lol. It’s going to take something huge to beat Skyrim. I hope it’s not going to be like FF VII remastered where they show footage but never release it. 

I hope it's not going to take any cues from the (subjectively) abominable Fallout 4. And Jesus Christ, that FF 7 remake seems like a trainwreck at this point. Episodic releases might as well not even exist to me xD And I've heard production is especially troubled as of late...

33 minutes ago, Kai-rouken said:

^Let's hope that's the case lol

I hope it's not going to take any cues from the (subjectively) abominable Fallout 4. And Jesus Christ, that FF 7 remake seems like a trainwreck at this point. Episodic releases might as well not even exist to me xD And I've heard production is especially troubled as of late...

From what I’ve heard, they’re trying to re-write the entire game for some stupid reason.