Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can pegasi carry other ponies?

sakurayuna

I haven't exactly seen every episode... I know pegasi can be very strong - but do you think the average pegasus pony (not as powerful as rainbow dash) could carry another pony in the air?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't one pegasus carry Rarity after her wing spell stop working? Though it was a while since I saw that episode.

• Brohoof 1

If Fluttershy could carry one down to the ground in the series premiere, I think it's safe to say an average pegasus can carry a mid-weight non-flying pony for a short distance at least.

Well I mean, Dash carried Flutters when they were just fillys, I have no doubt that she would be able to do the same now.

5 minutes ago, Gestum said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't one pegasus carry Rarity after her wing spell stop working? Though it was a while since I saw that episode.

I'm pretty sure that was both Fluttershy and Rainbow.

Rainbow Dash isn't actually that strong a flyer in the season 1 premiere both she and Fluttershy are needed to slow twilights fall and even then Fluttershy as mentioned above comments she doesn't normally carry anything other than a few bunnies. Same in a later episode Dash mentions that she doesn't have the stamina for long distance flying. She's fast, incredibly so but I think in terms of raw strength there are other stronger pegasi. Like the team who pull the flying chariots that Celestia uses from canterlot or deliver twilight in the first episode. Plus of course folks like bulk biceps who's slow but incredibly strong. I'd say the average adult pegasi could at least slow and maybe carry another pony a short distance while the stronger ones can tow entire chariots.

I don't really see why they couldn't, I mean probably not a super bulky or heavy one like Bulk Biceps, but like a normal sized Unicorn or Earth Pony? Yeah, I think they would be able to carry them for some time before they would have to set them back down :dash: 

(edited)

Hope the game goes well it looks like it'd be fun to play. I think its safe to assume a pegasus can carry a pony how well and how far depending on the strength of the pegasus and size of the pony. Trying to carry someone like bulk biceps or Big mac would be a lot harder than say Applebloom. In fact tabletop weekly did a game where one of the characters did this exact thing

at 8.30. Whole series is worth watching if you have time (its about 3.5 hours over 4 episodes). Guy's a very good GM at making it feel like watching one of the episodes dealing wtih some other ponies in ponyville.

Edited by Senko

• 2 years later...

Yeah, from what we've seen, they can. As early as the season one premier we see Fluttershy picking up rarity and bringing her to safety, and she's a slightly under-average flyer. Then in "Sonic Rainboom" we see a some pegasi carry rarity and the knocked out Wonderbolts. And then there's that time in "Wonderbolts Academy" where those pegasi catch the mane five (although those may have been over-average, I still think they could carry the ponies if they were just average). Pegasus wings seem to be a bit more powerful than they appear, so it would make sense if the average pegasus could pick up a pony.