Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food What was the last food you ate?

Member Berry

Had to look up "craisins". Oo-er!

IMG_2211.jpg.186937640068391eda6abb14029097da.jpg

^ Right so: half a Cornish pasty, bit of potato mash, some sliced raw onion, some pickled sliced beetroot, few slices of cucumber, a small tomato, coleslaw and potato salad, Branston's pickle, Piccalilli, Heinz ketchup, sourdough bread.

"No cheeese, Gromit!". Just remembered forgot the cheese, but that was quite enough.

Spanish omelette - not had one for AGES .. :angry:

Recap: a potato, peeled diced then brought to the boil and briefly simmer, about 10 minutes; then strain, into a large skittle with a chopped half onion & some chopped red pepper, a bit of vegetable oil, stir fry for about 4 - 5 minutes, meanwhile beat 2 - 3 large eggs, then ladle the pan contents into the beaten egg (I forgot and tipped it straight into the pan, so ended up a bit odd), note try to leave the oil behind. Stir the mixture, then pour back into the pan, cook as per normal omelette. Go on you know you want to .. :D

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to annoy y'all with photos of food again - but now that Fall is here, I thought maybe I should start doing potato & cabbage stew again . . .

Potato-and-cabbage_2219.jpg.b78c4d9f6fb7729406172d605cc00dbc.jpg

-

I've done this before but in case you missed it - peel and chop a modest amount of potato, put in a pan half full of salted water. Bring to the boil, then chuck in almost the same amount of chopped cabbage. I also put a few slices of carrot* ("to add some colour" as my mother used to say. :D   Also it will now becomes apparent why the pan should only be half full of water to start.) At this point I also hurl in a vegetable stock pot for flavour. (*NB: this time I had pre-cooked the carrot slices yesterday so put them in at the end just to heat up.) Simmer for 10 minutes, proper job!

meerkat_simples2.jpg.d55970771962083a5594965ade840e79.jpg

I might have overdone it with the salt tho .. :blush: