Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Splatoon Fan Club

Nightfall Gloam

Hello there, inkling and welcome to the Splatoon fan club!

splatoon_head-840x408.jpg

Splatoon is a third-person shooter originally developed and published by Nintendo in May 2015 for the Wii U (Japan: 28th May 2015, North America and Europe: 29th May 2015 and Australia/New Zealand on 30th May 2015). The game is about characters known as Inklings; which are human-squid hybrids that can hide or swim through ink. The game features several modes, including 4v4 online multiplayer and a single player campaign.

The game came out to critical acclaim when it initially released, with many critics praising the game for its style, gameplay and mechanics. Many critics were also surprised at Nintendo for deciding to enter the shooter genre.

Splatoon would later receive a sequel on the Nintendo Switch with a worldwide release on July 21st, 2017. Likely due in part to the overwhelming success of the Switch, Splatoon 2 sold over 6 million units. Making it the fourth best selling game on the console. The sequel is identical to is predecessor, however it does contain some new modes, like the popular Salmon Run and the Octo Expansion, which you can purchase from the Nintendo eShop.

--------------------------

This thread was created for fans of the Splatoon games to meet fellow fans, discuss the game, share fan art and theories and share tips and tricks. Discussion about anything to do with Splatoon and its sequel are welcome, spoilers included. If you are lurking this thread and have questions about the game, you are also welcome and I'll answer any questions you might have about the game.

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right section, but enjoy!

• Brohoof 3

So glad there's now a Splatoon thread on here. I tried making one myself but it was gone with the wind.

I hope you're enjoying today's Splatfest as it marks Off the Hook's one-year anniversary.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, A.V. said:

Callie and Marie as Ponies:

the_squid_sisters__mlp_version__by_ultim

I'm saving this, it's sooo cute!

5 hours ago, Photon Jet said:

So glad there's now a Splatoon thread on here. I tried making one myself but it was gone with the wind.

I hope you're enjoying today's Splatfest as it marks Off the Hook's one-year anniversary.

Yeah, one of my friends who has never played Splatoon suggested I start a thread about it here to see if there were others who are interested in the game. 

Being reminded it was 1 year since Splatoon 2 released was what made me create this thread.

Also, Marina is best waifu:

tumblr_ou9wsmmOoj1sxxxg5o1_1280.png

Artist: AlexySGH (Tumblr)

So, has anyone here played the Octo Expansion yet? How is it?

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

I'm saving this, it's sooo cute!

Yeah, one of my friends who has never played Splatoon suggested I start a thread about it here to see if there were others who are interested in the game. 

Being reminded it was 1 year since Splatoon 2 released was what made me create this thread.

Also, Marina is best waifu:

tumblr_ou9wsmmOoj1sxxxg5o1_1280.png

Artist: AlexySGH (Tumblr)

So, has anyone here played the Octo Expansion yet? How is it?

I played Octo Expansion and I loved it! THAT'S how you do a DLC. Many players dreamed of playing as an Octoling and our wishes came true. Plus, it was one heckova challenge which was another great improvement to the game. I'm looking forward to see what else they have in store for us.

Speaking of Splatfest, the three artists 'Shinda mane', 'Union of the snake' and 'Utosda' made these sweet images which I think representing a Splatfest event. I hope there's a Splatfest like this in the near future.

full.jpeg

full.jpeg

full.jpeg

• Brohoof 2