Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Twilight Sparkle grow bigger?

Bendy

Just now, heavens-champion said:

I refuse to believe that Celestia and Luna weren't born alicorns.

If so no one told Luna as when Celestia say's the birth of an Alicorn is something Equestria has never seen she adds that its beyond their understanding.

In my opinion, yes. However, it will take some time.

We don't know what size/shape Cadance was when she became an alicorn, precisely, but she seemed to have a younger version of the Fleur de Lis/Sassy Saddles body-type when Twilight was a filly. Which is likely not long after she became an alicorn. She seems to be the same size now as the other mature ponies with the Fleur de Lis/Sassy Saddles body-type, so she seems to have grown at whatever passes as a 'normal' rate for a pony of that body-type.

If the size difference between the princesses is due to age, then likely Luna is that much smaller than Celestia not because she's *that* much younger, but because she spent a thousand years 'in the moon' where she didn't physically age, while Celestia did. If this is true, then even Luna probably has at least 500 or so years of physical aging on Cadance right now.

So again, if size is due to age, then it's going to take a good 10 or so years before Twilight matches what Cadance looks like now, and hundreds of years to reach Luna (and over a thousand to hit Celestia's size).

However, I still think Luna and Celestia's appearance is more due to their personal desires than age. I think at their level of experience with shapeshifting magic that they've reached the point that they look like whatever they feel they want to look like, and Luna just wants to appear that much younger than Celestia, while Celestia *wants* to be that much bigger than the average pony. In which case Twilight and Cadance will reach that same point with shapeshifting magic and they will be able to alter their size at will.

15 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

I refuse to believe that Celestia and Luna weren't born alicorns.

It's not plainly stated but it's heavily hinted that they are not born Alicorns.

• 2 years later...

I don't know how tissues shall act on an immortal pony princess. If certain "Japanese comics" are any indication, some parts might indeed grow larger. She'll also start using phrases like "ara ara" a lot.

• 3 years later...