Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wacky theory about the dead timeline in Cutie Remark 2

Senko

So first off this is spoilers for both the episode and friendship games.

That said I've been rewatching things and I just had this theory pop into my head as a possible explanation for the dead timeline (I know we'll never know for sure and everyones got their own, feel free to share). Anyway if you assume the first 4 Equestria girl specials happen in between the series e.g. equestria girls between 3 and 4 when twilight gets her wings, rainbow rocks between 4 and 5 and friendship games between 5 and 6 since Twilight mentions getting caught in a wierd time loop. Then its possible the cause of the dead timeline is Twilight well Midnight Sparkle. What twilight saw in that barren dead world wasn't the result of the changes Starlight made in the past but her alternate self tearing at the walls between realities causing magic to flow out of Equestria. What she and Starlight see is the results of an Equestria with all its magic drained out by a Midnight Sparkle who didn't stop at Spikes getting hurt but did claim all the magic (not just pony magic but everything changeling magic, dark magic, magic in places like the mirror pool, chaos magic even the magic of friendship till there was nothing left) from the entire world. Thoughts?

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
2 hours ago, SharpWit said:

Certianly an interesting theory. How does draining all of that magic result in a barren wasteland though?

Well, Equestria is magical world that runs on magic, if that magic is removed, nothing would work, night day cycle, weather, etc. also ponies would be unable to do absolutely anything since based on Twilight's kingdom part 1-2, ponies without magic can't even walk/can barely walk.  So it would eventually turn into empty wasteland. 

Edited by Simply Cerberus

That theory has rational arguments to exist.

Although I just believe that with each decision and action a new alternative universe opens with minimal or drastic changes and consciousness is according to only one universe: the one, where that consciousness was created, so if we stretch that, then it appears that Starlight never destroyed Equestria, becaues those alternative timelimes didn't happen, according to our universe and our consciousness.

Nah, that's just the final phase of ToH infestation. It incorporated all living things in Equestria into one existence thus allowing them to achieve perfect harmony. Loss of mind and body are but minor sacrifices one must pay for such a good, grand cause. You can still catch glimpses of their blissful faces in that towering, crystalline monolith.

There exists one more misconception. This is not the dead timeline. This is the inevitable conclusion in all the timelines. Nopony can prevent it. The Elder Light ... is magic.

21 hours ago, Simply Cerberus said:

Well, Equestria is magical world that runs on magic, if that magic is removed, nothing would work, night day cycle, weather, etc. also ponies would be unable to do absolutely anything since based on Twilight's kingdom part 1-2, ponies without magic can't even walk/can barely walk.  So it would eventually turn into empty wasteland. 

Not everything runs on magic though. The everfree forest has natural weather phenomenon, and we have relatively modern devices such as X-rays, locomotives, hydroelectric dams. Magic plays a major role but it seems it looks more to me like a world that has magic rather than runs on it. Otherwise there'd be no need for complicated mechanisms. Instead they've just shaped their surroundings to such an extent that it's abnormal to come across something that's not a result/impacted by this magical intervention. In the absence of magic, Equestria should give in to nature and become as seemingly chaotic as our own world, which is looking rather lively. As for the ponies not being able to move about much, I sum that up to a temporary lack of energy, as have your magic stolen is literally a draining process.

Unless the natural state of Equestria is the barren wasteland we see in that alternate timeline or the badlands south of them and it needs magic to be green and growing.