Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Oldest Video Game that you own / have owned.

Cash In

The oldest game that I've owned was the Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt combo on the NES.  I don't even remember how I ended up with it, but I think that a family friend gave it to me. It was pretty neat to have.

• Brohoof 1

183740-automania-commodore-64-front-cove

Automania for the Commodore 64, released in 1984. :P One of my aunt's old games I got from her when I was really interested in gaming (old games included) – but I'm not sure if I've ever even played it! :adorkable:

I also have the Game & Watch game "Fire", originally released in 1980, but it's one of the Mini Classics reissues (apparently from the late 90s) so I wouldn't count it.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 5

Tropico 3 (the thing that is still playable to this day), Back to the time where the iPhones and iPads weren't a thing for me.

Some old PS2 games that I don't remember the names

Edited by Kevin Tang
  • Brohoof 2

I'm gonna assume emulators are disqualified... I lost a lot of my childhood games when I moved away from my mom. Though among the ones I kept I have a copy of Battle for Bikini Bottom, in "working" condition that I've had since I was 6. That is probably the oldest game I still have. As for the oldest game I've owned, I'd say it would be my GameCube port of 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker. I got that when I was barely 5, and was my first video game.

• Brohoof 2

My dad used to have an Atari 2600, but that wasn't mine so it doesn't count.

But as for ones I personally have owned, well, the oldest is probably just Pokémon Red.  Though I guess that's not bad considering that game is 2 or 3 years older than me.

Edited by Barik, the Master Mechanic
Whoops.
  • Brohoof 2

I use to play Super Mario Bros and the Duck Hunt game on my aunt's NES. I think the oldest game I own is Super Mario World. I replaced the game save battery in it and others about 2 years ago.

• Brohoof 1

My parents own an Atari with some Atari games. They haven't passed it onto me like the NES, though, so I suppose the NES games are technically the oldest I own.

• Brohoof 1

Pong the home game (it DID have a switch to select "soccer" or "squash" though, so it wasn't the original)

not sure that really counts as it wasn't digital - all analogue circuitry. 

Still have an Acetronic MPU 1000 (and several cartridges for it) though...

acetronic.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Mario Land on GameBoy (1989). It was a gift from my Grandma a few years back. Not sure if it counts, but I have a Pac-Man plug'n'play system which runs the original Pac-Man somewhere.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...