Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

Oliver watched in awe as Jenna made short work of the wolves. He had a feeling dragons were strong, but she made it look so easy.

Eventually he thought of what to say, and he looked up at her. "That was awesome."

• Brohoof 1

"I told you I'd handle it." Jenna simply responded before getting up again "We should leave in case someone saw the fire, are you ready?" she put her wing to the ground to let Oliver climb on when he was ready, usually she would enjoy the praise but she was too worried about getting spotted to pay any attention to that for now.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and climbed onto Jenna's back, making sure to step carefully so not to hurt her. He held onto her scales and looked down at her. "Alright, I'm ready."

He took a deep breath and hoped things would go smoothly.

• Brohoof 1

As before, after the take off the ride was smooth, and Jenna stayed near the trees to avoid detection. "It shouldn't take too long until we arrive at civilization again, the forest may be huge but even at this speed we are moving quite fast." "But don't be afraid to tell if you need to visit ground for any reason, we're not in a that big of a hurry."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver held onto Jenna tight as she took off, keeping low toward the trees. "I'm fine for now, don't worry about me. You've got more important stuff to look out for right now, like taller trees or a mountain."

"Taller trees I understand but if I ever crash into a mountain you really need to be worried about my eyesight because those are kinda hard to not to see."  Jenna joked, letting out a bit off smoke out of amusement, and considering where Oliver was, he probably was able to smell the smoke, though there wasn't anything special about it,as it smelled like regular smoke. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver waved away the smoke, but kept smiling as he held onto Jenna. "Well, weirder things have happened than crashing into a mountain."

He looked up and down her huge body, still in awe and finding it hard to beiieve he was actually riding a dragon.

• Brohoof 1

"It depends who you ask, for me all of this has been quite normal." Jenna responded "Weirdest thing has been your effect on me, and maybe my blood's effect on you." "But it's like they say, reality is many times weirder than fantasy."

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, I wonder what else your blood will do to me," Oliver said, looking back down at where his wound used to be. "And what do you mean my effect on you? I didn't get my blood inside you, did I?" he joked.

• Brohoof 1

"A mess?" Oliver repeated, not sure what to think of that. Was that a good thing or not? But as Jenna carried on, he started to understand.

"I have?" he asked, blinking. "What do you mean by that?"

• Brohoof 1

"it's hard to explain so I'll give you example." Jenna explained "Let's take our latest trouble, before meeting you, if someone would have gotten shot in similar situation, I would have not risked my own life by carrying them away, nor would have I gone through the trouble to give my blood to them."  "I may be more empathetic than many others of my kind, but it doesn't mean I would risk my own survival for a human, besides you that is." "In fact, as you probably remember, I was ready to give up because I thought I lost you, past me would laugh at my face for such idea." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver wasn't sure what to think as he listened to Jenna. He truly made that much of a difference to her? It was hard to believe, but she had a point. He didn't see her trying to save his life if they didn't know each other. "I didn't know I meant so much to you."

• Brohoof 1

"Neither did I." Jenna stated "I mean, I knew you had had some kind of effect on me, but I never even imagined how terrible it would be like to lose you, before I almost did that is." she stared into the distance "It also made me realize why Talon is so against attachment of any kind, in fact, many of their teachings make sense now, I still don't agree with them, but I understand why they teach what they teach."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded slowly. "I guess it makes sense, but it doesn't feel right to isolate yourself from people. You're supposed to build connections with people, so you have someone out there you know you can trust."

"It isn't right yes, but it's exactly what Talon needs." Jenna pointed out "Think about it, how good would their killers be if they had empathy? what about if they felt grief over someone?" "For Talon, caring is a weakness, not for the individuals, but for the organization, they would lose control if dragons saw themselves as anything more than superior beings."

• Brohoof 1

"Like you have?" Oliver pointed out, smiling. "If you ask me, realising you're more than just a big, fire-breathing killer dragon has made you even stronger than you would've been if you were like how Talon wanted you."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Individually yes." Jenna agreed "But for Talon, they have lost me, and now they have also lost two vipers because of me." "Do you remember what my story was when I first came to your house?" "I said I was escaping from a cult like organization, and that's true about Talon, it's basically just a worldwide cult, like the order is, free thinkers are threat to their power, and if you care about someone and they get hurt, you just may start doubting Talon." 

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded. "That's what I mean. Now that you can think for yourself and decide what you do with your life, you've become a lot stronger than you would've been as one of Talon's mindless soldiers, right?"

• Brohoof 1

"Yes, and I never said otherwise." Jenna agreed "What I meant is that while I strongly disagree with Talon's teachings, I do understand why they teach it." "Same with The Order, I despise them for thinking that we are just unfeeling monsters, but I understand why they teach it." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, but now you're stronger than you would be if you were still with them," Oliver pointed out, smiling at Jenna. "You could take on one of their dragons and win."

He frowned. "Without killing them, if you can, of course."

• Brohoof 1

"Like I just said, I never claimed otherwise." Jenna pointed out "But even if you disagree with something, even if you know something is wrong, you can still understand why it's done." "In fact, understanding your enemy is big step towards beating them, know your enemy and all that." "And what comes for killing, considering that I have now killed two dragons and several Order's soldiers, I'd say I'm kinda past the whole not killing thing." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, I'd say you can really take care of yourself," Oliver said, smiling down at Jenna and petting her neck. "I just hope I can do enough that I'm not holding you back. I don't wanna have to put you out of your way by getting shot again," he joked.

• Brohoof 1

"Don't worry about that." Jenna said, she knew Oliver was at least partly joking, but she wanted to make sure he didn't really think that he was a burden "You're actually doing quite the opposite, I would probably still be at the city where you lived if we didn't meet." she gave Oliver her attempt at smiling before facing forward again. 

• Brohoof 1

"I suppose so," Oliver agreed, smiling back at Jenna as she flew. "Still, I don't wanna hold you back or anything. I'll make sure to do as much as you. And find you a house to hide in again," he teased.