Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Against Ignorance

Ezynell

I made a tumblr (obviously for ponies), and my first post was a "What the fuck is up with these bronies" type of post, here it is:

First of, what is a brony? A brony is a fan of the Hasbro franchise, My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic. This phenomenon started in the /b/ section of 4chanand quickly spread throughout the world due to the obvious popularity burst of it. A common misconception is that brony is derived from the slang “brother” and “pony”, but in actuality, it came from /b/ and pony.

But why? What makes grown adults and teenagers so attracted to this? Four simple reasons. The animation quality, the humor, the interaction, and the community. It also helps that the show is created by the mastermind Lauren Faust, the creator of the Power Puff Girls and Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, but lets start off with the animation quality. The show is animated in Flash, a type of animation more familiar to older teenagers and younger adults in the first place. It is incredible quality and made using vectors, a type of animation that has literally unlimited quality potential. The hidden pictures,easter eggs, and small games between the producers and fanbase only add to the quality and attraction of the show.

Next, the humor. The show has a large amount of puns, surprisingly slightly made for adults despite the target audience of younger females. Other than that, the producers still have an excellent sense of humor, throwing in

at every turn and corner that they possibly can.

Thirdly, the interaction. The producers, especially Lauren Faust are specially known for interacting with the community. On of the most prominent examples of such behavior is Derpy Hooves (shown earlier in the Easter Egg link). This figure was originally show as an animation error, but being discovered (again on 4chan) and a large reaction from the fans, the animators put him in as a where’s waldo game for the fans, shown hidden in many of the scenes in odd places. Also, Lauren Faust commonly interacts with the community through her DeviantART.

The main reason for the huge spread among all age groups is, without question, the community. MLP has a huge fan base and very active community that helps everybody everypony in times of need or just with desires. As this is a very simple statement, it is most true to the brony community and shows why many people are attracted naturally to join and help the community. Naturally, due to the basics of human psychology, we are naturally attracted to, and feel tendencies to help, others which offer help, are kind, and do not cause unnecessary harm or suffering to anybody else. This being said, people are naturally afraid to join the community, or at least publicly admit to joining the community or enjoying the show because of the fear of public rejection for enjoying a show intended for 7 year old girls. Only people not afraid of segregation and willing to publicly announce their opinions despite of it are open to the show, keeping egotistical trolls away. This causes the community to be formed completely of trustworthy welcoming members that love and tolerate everyone. The community is so active, that hundreds of submemes have been formed in its name.

To sum it up. If you dislike My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic, you either have not watched it being accepting of the truth, are heavily subjected to bias, or you have not seen the show. But despite the ignorance of society, we will still love and tolerate the shit out of everypony.

Whaddo you think? Any good?

Edited by Ice

To sum it up. If you dislike My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic, you are either an ignorant fuck, or you have not seen the show. But don’t worry you ignorant fucks,...

It's perfect up until here, it makes "Bronies" seem hostile and that they hate people who dislike the show

I've got a friend who has seen the show, but doesn't like it because it's not their type of show...

If you want people to support your idea, you don't want them to have the idea that everyone who likes the show is the same, and that Everyone who doesn't like the show is an enemy to those who do...

End it off... a little more sweeter, try saying something like this "In short, if you don't like the show, you either haven't watched it with an open mind, or just don't want to understand WHY people like the show, and just insult them based on bias information... or just plain don't like a colourful atmosphere with a decent moral at the end."

• Brohoof 2

It's perfect up until here, it makes "Bronies" seem hostile and that they hate people who dislike the show

I've got a friend who has seen the show, but doesn't like it because it's not their type of show...

If you want people to support your idea, you don't want them to have the idea that everyone who likes the show is the same, and that Everyone who doesn't like the show is an enemy to those who do...

End it off... a little more sweeter, try saying something like this "In short, if you don't like the show, you either haven't watched it with an open mind, or just don't want to understand WHY people like the show, and just insult them based on bias information... or just plain don't like a colourful atmosphere with a decent moral at the end."

Mmkay, editing now, thanks for the advice!

Yeah, I read that article, I used it to convince my dad I'm not gay, now he's perfectly ok with me being a brony

Same, I have a forum thread for telling your parents which comes up third when you search "Telling your Parents your a Brony" on google :D

Well I was going to do something VERY VERY! Similar to this on my blog's segment Unique Critique!

The first review was to give my critique of the cartoon itself, then the second review on the Brony Community.

Then... when I was looking for research I ended up here and got sucked in! I figured I'd finish my review and fade into obscurity... NOT POSSIBLE! I'm here to stay! I became the very thing I was going to review!

I'll still probably go back to do my reviews when I get the time...

Well Ice consider your tumblr followed! Maybe you can help me convert my other tumblr friends... (Not likely haha) :D

The part explaining the origin of "brony" doesn't sound good. You say the "b" is from 4chan's /b/ section, but then where'd the "r" come from? They would've been called "bony" if that was the case, or there's something you're not telling us about that /b/ section.

Brilliant, I need to print this out and give it to my friends

I will do that too! but I bet they will come back and say that everyone is bad for liking it, point out a few flaws that aren't viable/weak and then troll away :(

I will do that too! but I bet they will come back and say that everyone is bad for liking it, point out a few flaws that aren't viable/weak and then troll away :(

Yeap, feel the same way abt tellin my friends, they'd pull the WTF card and troll off into the distance.