Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why MLP needs a Discord-related holiday

ManaMinori

I've been saying and rallying for this for years now, but Draconequusmas needs to be a thing, and "Best Gift Ever" pretty much confirms it. I don't like Discord's character much, but for Peter Cottontail's sake, the guy needs his own stinkin' holiday already! It's so agitating to see him play the pity card and pine over not having friends around to spend the stupid pony holidays with, like a child, so the guy needs his own chaos based holiday (that isn't around the time rl earth's traditional holidays,because chaos) and spend it with the ponies when they're not engaged in their own pony holidays. So should "Draconequusmas" be a thing in canon or what?

Given that Discord doesn't show up all that often--John De Lancie does have other projects in addition to MLP--giving him his own holiday might not be warranted although it would be a nice little addition. Then again, would Equestria even survive if Discord was allowed to have free reign to use his magic for a single day? I know he's reformed and all but he does possess powers that break reality several times over.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Given that Discord doesn't show up all that often--John De Lancie does have other projects in addition to MLP--giving him his own holiday might not be warranted although it would be a nice little addition. Then again, would Equestria even survive if Discord was allowed to have free reign to use his magic for a single day? I know he's reformed and all but he does possess powers that break reality several times over.

It might have limitations of his powers, like, there could be certain powers he's not allowed to do, cause he wants to stay on Equestria's good side, maintain his friendship with the Main Six, Spike, Starlight, Trixie, and Thorax. Also stay on Celestia and Luna's good side. 

Something like, he can have a holiday to express himself, but, there are limits he has to follow to stay on Equestria's good side, cause he's come too far to ruin it now.

I like the idea and it's quite the essence of most festivities. I think Celestia could be stubborn enough not to allow this, but if we consider Discord as a friend and a reliable one, we can make a day for Discord and also give all the ponies a chance to get out of their elements. Sometimes they have to let the stress out. (and I'd like to see an episode that Pinkie's imagination of the opposite day come true) I don't think they need magic to do this happen, they just need to act not normal.

On 10/28/2018 at 2:14 PM, Nightmare Muffin said:

I've been saying and rallying for this for years now, but Draconequusmas needs to be a thing, and "Best Gift Ever" pretty much confirms it. I don't like Discord's character much, but for Peter Cottontail's sake, the guy needs his own stinkin' holiday already! It's so agitating to see him play the pity card and pine over not having friends around to spend the stupid pony holidays with, like a child, so the guy needs his own chaos based holiday (that isn't around the time rl earth's traditional holidays,because chaos) and spend it with the ponies when they're not engaged in their own pony holidays. So should "Draconequusmas" be a thing in canon or what?

OMG YESSSSSSS. Draconequusmas. I never realized its need but now life cannot go on without it. What would people do. Id be like cheese sandwich, mixed up with chocolate rain all taking place without gravity. Everyone can celebrate by walking up stair cases that lead to nowhere (marketing idea)