Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Songs you prefer a remix/cover of over the original

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Are there any songs that you actually prefer a remix of rather than the original track?

I have a decent amount of these actually. Many of these that I actually heard first before I even heard the original work, but I ended up liking the remix better anyways.

Here's some examples from me:

Tactical Sekt - Devil's Work (Accuser Remix by Solitary Experiments)

Suicide Commando - God is in the Rain (Wumpscut Remix)

Aesthetic Perfection - Living the Wasted Life (Machineries Mix)

Edited by Kyoshi

Oddly, Caramelldansen. The original Swedish version is much is slower Someone in Japan just sped up the original audio track and added the now familiar animation. I LOVE the anime style remix!

I even like the English Language version!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

There's a lot actually. A really good remix knows how to depict what made the original so great, but also to transform it into it's own thing.

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

This is actually a tough question for me. I typically like originals better than covers. This cover I like much better than the original by Duran Duran, though. Considering I'm not big on 80s music that should come as no surprise, but seriously, this is soooo much better.

(and I actually like this version better than the one that RBF has usually released, and I think it may only be available through this video on YouTube. I like Lupin III so it doesn't bother me.)

Almost all of them. Most originals just feel lacking compared to the covers. Props to them for making the song in the first place but covers improve on it and make it fit far better. 

Pantera's cover of Black Sabbath's Planet Caravan blows the original away. 

Machine Head's cover of Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name improves on what might be the greatest song in metal history. 

As I lay Dying somehow perform War Ensemble more intensely than Slayer. 

As much as I respect Sepultura, Hatebreed out does them at their own game with Refuse/ Resist. 

Funny how 5FDP take a slow ballad self titled track and turns it into the ultimate tribute to the troops anthem. 

Some songs you'd be surprised to learn are actually covers, like Type O Negative covering a really old song by Neil Young.

How do you make a song as glorious as the cafeteria one more epic? You make it metal. 

and book ending this list with Black Sabbath is Death Angel. Mark Osegueda's rendition would make Dio proud. 

• 1 month later...

Van Halen's Cover of The Kinks' "Where Have All The Good Times Gone?" and "You Really Got Me".

Quiet Riot's cover of Slade's "Cum On Feel The Noize"

Megadeth's cover of The Sex Pistols "Anarchy In The U.K." 

The Clash's covers of The Bobby Fuller Four's "I Fought The Law" The Equals' "Police On My Back" The Rulers' "Wrong 'Em Boyo" and Junior Murvin's "Police And Thieves"

• 1 year later...