Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

5 hours ago, TheAnimationFana said:

@Tacodidra 

Love: "The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows". Giving away the twist at the beginning makes the ending feel a bit redundant.

But if we didn't know what Pinkie Pie was trying to keep a surprise, we likely wouldn't be able to understand why she's tempted to tell every time a temptation comes up.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love: Hurricane Fluttershy. A genuinely challenging one, but Snowflake Bulk Biceps' role was a little extraneous (I could also insert Spike here, but his part here was largely an external representation of Fluttershy's self-doubt and his presence and dialogue are at least logical).

Hate: Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?. The visuals and art direction in this episode are surprisingly appealing (particularly the final shot) and served as a satisfying final outing for Jayson Thiessen's full-time involvement in the show. 

1 hour ago, Them's Seeing Ponies said:

Hate: Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?

You're allowed to be wrong. /s

In all seriousness,

Love: "All Bottled Up". Trixie either makes or breaks the episode.

Hate: "One Bad Apple". Sweetie Belle's line "Why does life have to be so ironic?!"

I'm respectfully curious as to what you see in it. I found Magic Sheep one of the worst of the series due to its sloppy, disjointed plot hindered by a lack of focus (the episode attempts to push towards a self-harm metaphor, but is far too focused onto the M6's somewhat repetitive dreams and the fanservice of the final battle to do its own subject matter much justice, indicating that the episode's motivation lay more with including the metaphor merely to display surface-level 'maturity'  which I found more than a little egregious given the serious nature of such topics in real life), which leads to the episode coming off as a disjointed mess of wasted potential more akin to a fanfiction than an actual episode, although Hard to Say Anything remains my least favorite episode.

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies

• 4 weeks later...

Love:The Beginning of the End - The episode's pacing is too fast

Hate: A Matter of Principals - Starlight "banishing" Discord was one of the most cathartic and satisfying moments in the entire show

On 1/5/2019 at 11:35 AM, imawesome said:

Love: Gauntlet of Fire. Why were Rarity and Twilight in this again?

So that Rarity can make disguises out of the things around her and Twilight can gather information about Dragons since Ponies know little-to-nothing about Dragons at the time. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Love (Ponyville Confidential)- Cheerilee just disappears for most of the story. I get why it happens, and I can forgive it, but it's distracting

Hate (Magical Mystery Cure)- The style is absolutely fantastic. The visuals are the best of the first 3 seasons and Celestia's Ballad is one of the best scenes of the show

Love (Simple Ways)- Pinkie's few jokes fall flat

Hate (Somepony to Watch Over Me)- The cold open is cute and the Chimera fight is pretty well done

Love (Make New Friends But Keep Discord)- Fluttershy is slightly at fault for what Discord does and that's never brought up

Hate (Secrets and Pies)- The evil Dash that Pinkie makes up is kinda amusing

Love (A Canterlot Wedding)- Chrysalis's plan is really stupid

Hate (Parental Glidance)- The door with the angelic chorus gag is okay

Love (Party of One)- Some scenes drag and Pinkie forgetting her birthday is dumb

Hate (Baby Cakes)- The first is act is mildly amusing and the ending is sweet

Love (It's About Time)- The scene with Spike and Rainbow messing with Twilight when she tries to do nothing falls flat

Hate (A Matter of Principals)- A few of the "LOL RANDEM" gags are decent

Love: The Perfect Pear. Oml that episode is so adorable! Plus, the song was definitely my favorite song in the entire series.

Hate: Fame and Misfortune. That scene of Fluttershy glaring at Rarity was kinda funny....

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hate: Season 9 - Sparkle’s Seven is really good 

Love: Sparkle’s Seven - The Zephyr parts can get creepy 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Like: To Where And Back Again; The "subplot" of Starlight feeling better about interacting with the ponies at her former village could've been expanded upon.

Dislike: Honest Apple; Even though it was a bit out of place, Rarity KILLED IT with that guitar solo.  

• Brohoof 2