Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Filly Funtasia

Jon the VGNerd

Yes, there's already been a thread about a My Little Pony knock-off, though since three episodes have passed (only Italian dub to date until we get an English dub), Filly Funtasia is making strides so far. Whether you people hate it or love it... as much as I hate to admit it myself, it seems to be doing well so far for a computer-animated cartoon, amid being only in Italian until we get other dubs. The songs themselves are quite catchy as well, not just the intro, but the ending as well.

Before anyone looks the other way, keep in mind that Filly Funtasia has absolutely no relation to My Little Pony franchise, and the pony (or filly) characters mostly have human names, save for the main villain(s). So pretty much Hasbro wouldn't care about it too much because, even if it's a knock-off, it bears no relation to MLP of any kind.

But, with three episodes having been released so far, with more to come tomorrow and then some, what are your thoughts about Filly Funtasia so far, even after it's been caught in a never-ending development hell and prolonged hiatus?

EDIT: I'd also like to note that I'll be posting new episodes that have been uploaded, albeit in Italian only. It's one way to eventually overcome a language barrier those who don't understand Italian like myself.

I haven't watched any actual episodes, but I've seen clips and I really hope Hasbro doesn't go with that kind of animation for G5. It's just not my cup of tea. The premise seems very much like an MLP clone, with character designs closer to past generations than G4. But perhaps I'll give an episode a try, if a version with English subtitles is available.

10 hours ago, Prospekt said:

I haven't watched any actual episodes, but I've seen clips and I really hope Hasbro doesn't go with that kind of animation for G5. It's just not my cup of tea. The premise seems very much like an MLP clone, with character designs closer to past generations than G4. But perhaps I'll give an episode a try, if a version with English subtitles is available.

There's at least two episodes with English subtitles if you wanna check them out.

Seems there's a problem. Most recent episodes were removed either by user choice or by copyright violation. It seems the show's creator has enacted a "shoot-on-sight" policy regarding their latest episodes being uploaded by taking them down. Seems like a bad move, especially since it's very hard to watch these episodes that are currently in Italian only and have yet to be released in the Americas.

EDIT: Turns out that all episodes, including previous ones, have been uploaded to DailyMotion. YouTube has become seriously trigger happy by taking down videos. In any case, here is episode 7 from DailyMotion:

Two more episodes are up. Although this time, I'll be showing you guys a link so I don't keep on self-posting too much for each episodes released. Here it is: https://www.dailymotion.com/bellaisbestfilly/videos

Keep in mind that there are no new episodes on weekends, and as usual, they're aired in Italian only for the time being.