Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any DOOM fans?

DivineMist1000

I've played the original games and the reboot and both are so bloody amazing! The originals were hard, but I loved discovering all the secrets by myself and I loved using the variety of weapons to rip through the demons of Hell.

DOOM 2016? HOLY CELESTIA!! I absolutely love this game so much because It's such a fast-paced and freaking non-stop brutal experience. There's nothing better than gunning/blasting/chainsawing through more demons than Hell can handle, it's such an awesome and action-packed game and I can't wait for Doom Eternal!

Rip and tear... until it is done!

Edited by DivineLight1000
  • Brohoof 1

Hell. Fucking. Yes.

Let me get this a bit straight though, I've played the 2016 reboot a bit but for some reason never finished it. I like the game but it just feels a bit different from the originals. I adore the original doom and doom 2 a lot more because of the 20-25 years of modding work put into the community. There is some amazing things that the Doom community has made over the years.

• Brohoof 1

I love Doom, and Doom 2016 was amazing and I can't wait for Doom Eternal. 

1 hour ago, TheTaZe said:

Hell. Fucking. Yes.

Let me get this a bit straight though, I've played the 2016 reboot a bit but for some reason never finished it. I like the game but it just feels a bit different from the originals. I adore the original doom and doom 2 a lot more because of the 20-25 years of modding work put into the community. There is some amazing things that the Doom community has made over the years.

I would definitely finish Doom 2016 as it's worth the experience, and has good replayability, too. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Celli said:

I love Doom, and Doom 2016 was amazing and I can't wait for Doom Eternal. 

I would definitely finish Doom 2016 as it's worth the experience, and has good replayability, too. 

Maybe one day. I have others going on in my life to commit to something like that right now.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TheTaZe said:

Maybe one day. I have others going on in my life to commit to something like that right now.

I mean, it's not a terribly long game and is something you don't need to spend a lot of time investing in. It's Doom :P

• Brohoof 1

Rip and tear.

Rip and tear.

Rip and tear.

RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS.

Remember spending many, many evenings designing and playtesting levels for lan parties (this was before internet was affordable of course, and early doom deployments used ipx/spx not tcp/ip)

engines were open sourced many moons ago, so there are some good alternates if you have the original WAD files; I quite like the "doom legacy" engine as it runs fine on modern windows and on linux.

Got a copy of the movie around here someplace too :D

1 minute ago, The Historian said:

I have a standard big box ordered from LRG. Can't wait to get it.

I checked the site and it's sold out :c

I would totally buy the beast box though. 

6 minutes ago, Celli said:

I checked the site and it's sold out :c

I would totally buy the beast box though. 

I thought about getting both but I decided the standard box was good enough. Comes with neat stuff and the box is baller.

Ordering for it ended on 12/24 anyway so you had to get it in before then. Thankfully, I got it in before then. xD

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, The Historian said:

I thought about getting both but I decided the standard box was good enough. Comes with neat stuff and the box is baller.

Ordering for it ended on 12/24 anyway so you had to get it in before then. Thankfully, I got it in before then. xD

Ah that's a shame, oh well. I hope there's an option to pay for the WAD, even though it's free.