Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shady Mist

As we know magic doesn't work the same way in Equestria. So in Equestria Sci-Twi would be who Princess Twilght originally was and the portal and magic can tell the difference making Sci-Twi a unicorn. But in the human world the element of magic ID'd Princess Twilight and the other bearers as their current pony forms and so the friendship magic that stayed in the human world have ID'd Sci-Twi as the same Twilight and as so gives her wings.

Edited by Shady Mist

Pony Twi made incredible feats of magic, Human Twi is a normal nerdy girl, with Sunny being the de facto leader of the group. They may have also done it in order to further differentiate her with her horse self. I only wonder WHY she does get wings when she horse-up tho :mlp_huh:

• 2 weeks later...

I for one was extremely glad to see that sci-twi didn't have wings as a pony.  It would have been a massive blunder to give her wings.  Princess Twi transformed into an alicorn.  She wasn't born that way, so there's no reason why sci-twi would have been born that way, either.  Y'know, by which I mean born in such a way that she'd be an alicorn when entering Equestria.  You know what I mean.  The only way that sci-twi would have wings is if she stayed in Equestria and did something like Princess Twi did, and thus transformed.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 12:32 PM, Shady Mist said:

As we know magic doesn't work the same way in Equestria. So in Equestria Sci-Twi would be who Princess Twilght originally was and the portal and magic can tell the difference. But in the human world the the element of magic with the others made that made Twilight a princess ID'd her and the other bearers of their pony forms and so the friendship magic that stayed in this world ID'd Sci-Twi as the same Twilight and as so gives her wings.

Well, first of all the elements didn't actually make Twilight a princess. Well, maybe they did indirectly I guess. But Celestia was the one who oversaw that. The elements symbolize and empower the magic of her friendship but her wielding them was not the cause of her transformation per se. Honestly I'm still unclear what the logic to MMC was even after all this time.

It also seems like you are implying the portal is somehow sentient like the Tree of Harmony. Which raises a lot of questions. I don't see why the magic that made Princess Twilight a princess would affect Sci-Twi in the human world but not in Equestria where it presumably originated. Saying "magic doesn't work the same" doesn't sound very convincing. But whatever. 

Your theory puts some images in a very different  light.

a3e94842a3109dbdccf09436b603b3f61c419d2b_hq.thumb.jpg.ef1a04fd5e5866a22a57e56b44cac0e0.jpg

Is this technically assault?

1365774.jpeg.thumb.jpg.d0847e3b0628e8be822269233750e918.jpg

Somepony call an interdimensional doctor! It's bleeding!

• 1 month later...

It's always bugged me that Sunset's not an alicorn at all when she really should be at this point yet, but Sci-Twi gets to Pony-Up into an alicorn when she has done nothing to earn it.  If Sci-Twi had also been an alicorn in the pony world too, that would have made me mad and also made pretty much no sense.