Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Books / fanfics that made you cry?

Early Sunsets

Have you read or written any books or fanfics that brought you to tears? It's common in movies and tv shows, but written works can give off strong emotions, too.

When I read Allegiant back in middle school, I hated the ending so much I actually threw the book across the room.

Can't say I've cried while reading a fic, but I haven't read too many of those anyway. I did almost cry while writing the one I'm working on, though. I try to force myself to feel the characters' emotions when I'm writing to get more authentic responses, and this last scene was a bit much.

I tend to not read too much any more. I struggle to find new books that I enjoy and I'm tired of re-reading the same three series over and over. With fanfics, I don't read too many of them because poor grammar and writing stories in the progressive tense irks me, and it's everywhere. It kind of ruins it for me. Anyway, I'm rambling again.

• Brohoof 2

The fanfic 'Asylum' always makes me cry whenever I read it. Not necessarily because the story line is particularly trying to evoke that response, but just the horrible situation that each of the characters have to go through, and seeing these characters you know and love struggling.

As for a traditional book, 'Bone Gap' by Laura Ruby always makes me tear up. I just always connect to the characters in that book