Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the show has ever had a BAD moral message?

Azureth

On 6/8/2019 at 9:07 PM, DusksuD said:

Magical Mystery Cure: 'Who cares about friends? I'M more important than everyone else is!'

They literally state in the episode that Twilight wouldn't of got where she got without her friends but ok.

(edited)

Twilight's school of friendship: It's not different from other pony schools without token creatures. 

Edited by Singe

Surprised no pony has mentioned this one yet. Though that might be because it's not the show, but the movie. 

Just because your friends are jeopardizing the mission to save all their friends, family, country, civilization and way of life through their careless antics does not mean you have the right to be angry at them. 

(edited)
On 6/6/2019 at 4:26 PM, BastementSparkle said:

Also, that's...not really the moral of Scare Master at all? It's more about how it's okay if you try something new and don't like it, that's okay, and you don't have to enjoy everything with your friends. By the end of the episode, Fluttershy had genuinely tried to participate in Nightmare Night via scaring her friends, but had decided even when she found a part of Nightmare Night she was a good at, she still didn't like it.

What I don't like about that episode is they didn't even try to find a middle ground. The resolution was an ill-conceived attempt at a "mature" moral for a situation that didn't call for it. Surely it couldn't have been that hard to figure out a way to include Fluttershy in the festivities without forcing her to be subjected to the more traumatizing aspects. I know in the real world Halloween has become a lot more about communal relations and free candy than real scares. 

Edited by n1029