• good
    • mostly good
    • some what good
    • some what bad
    • bad
    • really bad
    • evil
    • the devils' + one

i used to think i was bad because other people told me I was and I believed them but if I were truly as bad I wouldn't have dedicated my life to saving animals and working my a-- off, now teaching people with as much kindness as possible at work, etcetera.
I have done countless of free drawings for people-- so.. Idk

Everyone's atleast a little bad imo though. like you have a good and bad side and you learn to grow as a person overtime.

• Brohoof 2

I like to think I'm mostly good. No one's perfect. I have some regrets, but I try to be a decent person. I don't have a criminal record. I've made few enemies... One ex who genuinely seems to hate me, plus some people who resent me because I stood up to them on behalf of others. So there's both good and bad. But from my perspective, the good outweighs the bad.

(edited)

What’s considered good?    I don’t really consider myself either.  I just exist.  I mean I guess I lean more toward good, but I don’t go out of my way to hurt or help anyone all that much.   Most I do usually is give homeless people food sometimes.  

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 2

I say it all the time, "the world isn't black and white it's all gray." What constitutes as "good" for some, may be completely "evil" by someone else's philosophy. I've made a lot of mistakes, but you know it's like, to the royals, Robin Hood was a menace, a thief and considerably a "bad person", but for his deeds many of the less fortunate see him as a literal hero... Every country in our world has its own agenda, believing there are "good and bad guys" in war, would be completely ignorant, everyone is "paranoid" of someone else, we as humans use this paranoia to make judgements on the intentions of others and more often than not create more problems bc we feel we personally need a scapegoat or someone else to post blame on.. a lot of ppl think they are a good person bc they can acquire "social validation". No you have found "like minded individuals" it doesn't mean you have a pure moral compass, it doesn't mean you are righteous in ANY WAY shape or form, often times bullies pack up together, they need the reassurance bc they are super insecure and feeling like they are a part of a group gives them pseudo confidence they wouldn't normally express in an ordinary social environment. They think that the"popular vote" determines morality, and need to be reminded of, the Holocaust, the witch hunts, basically any time in history we've decided that just bc we have more shitty psycho friends we decide what's "right vs what's wrong". Ultimately I like to make new friends, I like to support them in any way that I can, but since I know how circumstantial morality is in this "gray" world, I put the well being of the ones I value most above that of a typical stranger or someone I just inherently don't feel sympathy for. You are always gonna be "the bad guy" to at least one person, and believing you can change that through here say and human politics is a waste of our efforts as human beings, accept that some people will always see you in a light that you couldn't normally see yourself in bc of the bias you've created for yourself in your self validated comfort zone. We all have them, common sense though should tell us the difference between what's obviously right vs what's obviously wrong, ppl look to justify wrong doing by talking about the supposed "wrong doing" of someone else, you aren't morally righteous for holding a grudge, you are just a human like everyone else.

I mean if by bad you mean badass 

Yes ofc.

But overall I’d say I’m a decent person. I try to do the right thing and I know I’ve certainly messed up. Some people might think I’m a good person others might hate my guts.Either way I’m just me out here doing my best.

Also I voted the Devils +1 because somebody had to do it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't think anyone really goes out in the world to be bad! It's just that life circumstances can lead you to believing that you are.

I used to think I was bad because I felt guilty for things that were out of my control; I am pretty socially anxious irl, and for the longest time, I thought it was my fault. That I was flawed because I didn't like to be around strangers.

But obviously that's not the case! I think if you intend to do good, that's all that matters. We all make mistakes, we can all be selfish. Sometimes, the bad actions we take are out of our control. Sometimes our judgement is wrong even if our hearts are in the right place. That doesn't mean we're bad, though! Just people! 

Also, remember that having boundaries doesn't make you bad, either. Saying no for your own comfort and hurting someone's feelings in the process isn't your fault. It's just the nature of us sapient creatures!

Edit; I voted somewhat good. I do my best, but I know there's times when I mess up, and I can have a short fuse at times :please: oopsie!

Edited by Nebula Stardust
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I keep to myself, do my job, and I don't harm anyone, so I suppose I could be considered to be "good" in the abstract sense in which it seems to be used in this thread (I am a proud oddball, but that harms no one).

Edited by Gun Metal Zebra
  • Brohoof 1

I voted "somewhat good". That's selling myself a bit high. I think I have good morals and I think that's a major point for being good, but on the other hand, I'm not one to donate much money, volunteer to help, and I'm not sociable, thus not a good person to be friends with. So I fall somewhere in between. Probably not bad, because I do my best not to harm people.

• Brohoof 1

I think everyone tries to do the best they can with the cards they’ve been dealt in life. We never know the entirety of a person’s situation and decisions that we can’t understand might make perfect sense to them.

As for me, another vote for “mostly good” as I try to consistently improve myself and work towards being better at interacting with others. I have my shortcomings and my selfishness at times but hey, doesn’t everyone? Some people just hide themselves a bit more.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

No I don’t think I’m bad. I may fail at being the best me I can be, but that doesn’t make me bad, just weak. Not all that many people are truly bad; they may make bad decisions but most try to be good on some fundamental level. The only people who are truly bad are the ones who love evil and try to impose it on others as a rule.

• Brohoof 1

No, just very flawed. I think we're all amalgamations of good and bad, with some people feeling more inclined to do evil from bad influences that deceive them into thinking that in doing evil deeds, they're doing good things or justified wrongdoings. 

• 1 month later...

I have made A LOT of mistakes, I'm cynical, I'm short tempered, I'm greedy, I'm paranoid, I'm argumentative, but when it comes down to it, I have a sense of obligation toward many of life's more important "morally driven areas", I am very loyal, I am friendly, sentimental, and I have a strong sense of morality and believe deeply in justice... I would say I have matured ten fold in my short time on Earth, I have made mistakes, but "my past is not today" not even close, and even before I was confident enough to be myself(these moments of heroism and good nature spill through the toxic act regularly) I always knew it was wrong, I always knew it wasn't me, I created reasons that weren't there, I made justifications for things that with my core philosophy can not be seen any morally righteous perspective.. justice isn't revenge, and greed is not need. The things we tell each other, the basis of understanding we have for one another... Unfortunately people want to be friends with the side of me that was never me, just a misunderstood caricature of what I thought I had to be to have friendship, to have relevance and acceptance, but the individuals I had in my life were more toxic than the chemicals I was putting in my body... I am a good man, I will always defend and make time for my friends, and I will always have your back if you genuinely need me, I care about suffering, A LOT, perhaps it's cruel to have been made to think of such things at all, but I know it's what makes me a good person, or I wouldn't care so much about things outside of my control, outside of my every day life... It drives me crazy sometimes how powerless I am to actually fixing these things, ppl say "fix your own problems" ummm hunny, step into my head these issues ARE my problem.. I can't feel right in the world I live on, I'm supposed to go back to my every day life and narcissistically accept that I don't have to suffer and this other poor creature does, it's not fair, it's gross, it's selfish and I am sometimes disgusted by the human race and make unfair generalizations bc of ones inescapable facts like these... People don't give a shit about anything but their bank account, or the public's perception of who they are.. sometimes worse they care so deeply for their BS Kardashianesk world that they forget about the actual REALITY they live in bc they are so distracted with a misperception of someone else's reality, or worse they genuinely accept the reality we live in and dont Care... I do... A Lot and that's all I can say...

• Brohoof 1

Normal. I have my good side and my bad side. Though it has been almost impossible to integrate myself or my family in these last thirty years. The desintagration is too severe. The whole family is shattered. And so am I. Still, I carry a great disappointment inside of me. When this family collapsed, something broke inside of me and never managed to recuperate. Meaning I am not very normal. I feel paralyzed.

Evidence known so long
Oh god, I’m lost in my wrongs 

Spoiler

anyway, default humans are pretty moral types in general - if we're not we've harshly punished afterall. Mane problems for me are I can be lazy and also wild, and I have done the odd terrible thing. On the other hoof, I try to be be nice to others and I enjoy it when people are happy around me. Need to do more to be there for others though, especially those who have been kind to me as well as the broader society I live in.