Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How bad is the crime where you live?

KillerKingBakudan

(edited)

Bad things happen all the time when I'm at work. Not all the crime in California's east bay is violent, but it always has that potential to escalate towards violence since the ones who commit theft and burglary act on it like they don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks. And security often takes forever to respond to it.

I find that most of the time, the crimes are committed by homeless people and drug addicts. Although lately, I've been seeing more and more thefts carried out by thugs from an organized crime network based in San Francisco. I heard the city government there has put together a small task force to help crack down on their affiliates, and to be honest, I think they should just call themselves a "task farce". It's all a joke. The mayor in that city can't even provide a solution for all the human waste covering the streets there, and given the rate I'm seeing these maggots get away with all their bullshit, I'm not convinced they're making a damned bit of difference.

Knowing that all this is happening has not only contributed to my total loss of faith in government on every level, but the police force as a whole. If I had things my way, I'd let private militias operate in every sector of my city. And make bouncers a requirement for all businesses, because it makes no sense for just bars and hotels to have them. But no, our elected officials want us to respect these criminals. They're human just like the rest us, right? Who cares if they treat everyone else as less? I swear in ten years, every city in this putrid liberal state will just become an extension of Oakland. And I can't wait to get the hell out of here.

I'm hoping things aren't looking this bleak where you live. But is it?

Edited by KillerKingBakudan
  • Brohoof 3

Only crime in my neighborhood is bhangra music being played all the fracken time..other than that..maybe the odd graffiti artist? Vancouver's crime is centralized to the Downtown Eastside.

Not that bad, it's pretty safe to live in the city I live in, and in general Finland doesn't have a too big of a problem with crime, alcohol related crimes probably being the most common crimes. Though the amount of certain crimes did grow when certain demographic of people grew immensely, but that's of course not related in any way, people just report crimes more. 

Warsaw. the only thing I had met with, was bullying younger people.

Otherwise, other crimes such as rapes, stealing and burgling I can see only on Police statistics.

we had 2 burglaries in my neighborhood last year,but that's the extend of it, unless you count corrupted politicians as a crime,then we're filled with those all year round

Just now, Lord Valtasar said:

we had 2 burglaries in my neighborhood last year,but that's the extend of it, unless you count corrupted politicians as a crime,then we're filled with those all year round

Clean politicians are a thing of centuries past, I'm afraid. Now they're as fictitious as leprechauns.

(edited)

Nothing much happens here in my city, I mean yeah there's the occasional gas station burglary, house break in, or kidnapping, but it really depends on what area you live in here. In my particular neighborhood it's pretty quiet. We used to live on the far other side of town where there was more crime though. 

Still, crime here is no where NEAR as bad as bigger cities. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

I realised, that I and my family had been the victims of the bicycle stealing twice. Each time my father-in-law was so angry, that he yelled at the hosts of the building, because they promised to wear locks on doors, it didn't happen. Estimate total damage was about 2x of average salary in Poland.

Where I live now is safe compared to my old place. Worst I hear is someone breaking windows of cars. Although it happens once in 3-4 months, giver or take. Im also a black and a half away from a major police station, so theres that.

• Brohoof 1

I live in Southern California and the crime is pretty bad compared to my previous home in the Northwest. I live in a gated community, which helps, but once I step outside I immediately have my guard up. I don't go anywhere without a weapon.   

In my hometown not much, mainly drug related crimes. Though I do deliveries everyday to inner st Louis and it gets rough around there. Bloods, Crips, 60's, etc on every other street.

Pretty bad. Santa comes to my neighborhood every year and sneaks into our homes. At least he only comes once a year; for the rest of the year, he is in prison for breaking and entering.

(edited)
21 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

Unless you count corrupted politicians as a crime,then we're filled with those all year round

That kind of crime is an everyday thing in my country.

I don't know for sure because I have been living under a rock for a very long time(full day school, never read the news and barely goes anywhere)

Edited by Kevin Tang

It's not super bad where I live. Mostly just shoplifting, theft, and drugs. There are a couple places that people avoid if they aren't looking for a bad time though. Mostly it's just the transients in the part of town where I live. But usually if you stay clear of them, they'll leave you alone. Just make sure everything is locked and bolted down

I live on the boundaries of multiple cities... it really depends where you go. If I were to head north, it would be relatively quiet, but if I head west I'd be lucky not to run into a cop making an arrest. I've even seen SWAT a few times over there, cracking down on human traffickers, and drug lords from Mexico.

It wasn't too bad before, but with oil prices going kablooey and loads of jobs vanishing it's worse now. Lately though it's an increase in animal cruelty, someone around here is capturing and killing cats in the nastiest ways. I mean yeah people here utterly suck at keeping their kitties contained but you could just trap and turn them in to animal control :(

There's barely any crime at all in not just my town, but my county as well. Could be because we have at least two state cops living here. XD This is also one of the smallest counties in population in the state so, that mixed with the staties makes thing mostly peaceful.

Crime admittedly is a pretty big problem over here, we've had problems with knife crime for decades, as well as murders, assaults, drug distribution & burglary/theft.

My hometown was once branded the "murder capital of Europe", and yet was voted the friendliest city in the UK in 2017... :yeahno:

Take that as you may.