Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How bad is the crime where you live?

KillerKingBakudan

Crime in my area comes in ebbs and flows. Right now it quiet but every few months we have a spike and then the problems move out at some point. Hopefully this lull lasts. 

Crime is generally very low. I live in a rural area. I know most of my neighbors personally and we keep an eye on things. Plus, we all have guns and know how to use them. The sheriffs department response time isn't great at all, and is even slower at night

• Brohoof 1

It used to be a lot worse but it's been improved in recent years. I live in Anaheim and Disney poured out a lot of money to make the area surrounding Disneyland more tourist-friendly. I live close-by and the difference is clearly visible outside that area of influence. My apartment is gated so it makes me feel better about living here. 

Just now, Phosphor270 said:

Crime is generally very low. I live in a rural area. I know most of my neighbors personally and we keep an eye on things. Plus, we all have guns and know how to use them. The sheriffs department response time isn't great at all, and is even slower at night

I'm envious. And that's sad to say, considering I'm in a country where owning a gun is supposed to be an inalienable right. Not a crime in and of itself.

• Brohoof 1

Im in a little town called Taunton (UK) and other crime has just shot through the roof =/ but i think its the whole UK rigth now since the stupid idiot government are currently doing  POLICE CUT!!!! "oh no the crime rate has risen, why and what can we do about it?" *cut more officers*

the biggest crime in my town is drugs offences and anti social behaviour. We have a LOT of aggressive homeless druggie types round here but the po po do nothing about it so theyre left free to cause havoc and scare people. Theyre a loss cause im 100% theyve refused all help to feed their addictions.

its totally understandable why we had Sanatoriums in the first place, to put people like these away.

Not too bad I think, we went over 40 years without a single super violent crime (streak was ended not too long ago though when the gas station uptown got robbed at gunpoint) but other than that it's pretty quiet in this town, it helps that we're way out in the suburbs and practically surrounded by pretty rural areas.   

I've heard of only 3 or 4 crimes being committed in the 10 years I've lived here in little S_____, Texas. Probably been many more DUIs, but there's an f***ing brewery, half the town drinks beer, and there's only 1 stoplight in the entire town. Of course I wouldn't hear about it, though because that's probably the only sort of crime that occurs more than once a year here.

• Brohoof 1

Crime isn't really a problem in my hometown. There's one part of my college town--across some train tracks from downtown--which is apparently dangerous gang territory. More than one person has gotten shot over there. But the rest of the town is generally safe.

There are places in the city where it's a problem, but my area is pretty safe. There are some burglaries from time to time, but my house is pretty well protected against them, as are most other houses around here. All in all, while the area where I live isn't the wealthiest part of town, it definitely isn't a bad area either. I usually avoid the bad parts of town altogether anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I live in what is rated as one of the highest in Canada for murder rates, and I have, for financial reasons, always lived in high crime parts of town, and not once felt unsafe. My old neighborhood has a bad rep city wide for drugs, violence, prostitution, murder, and homelessness, but I walked around at all hours of the night and was perfectly safe. My current area is known for poverty and drug use, and once again, is perfectly safe. Only problems I've had were in "nicer" neighborhoods.

There is a metric s**t-tonne of crime in my city, but you'll never find trouble unless you go looking for it. Oddly enough, the "ghettos" tend to actually feel safer. There's a mutual understanding that nobody has anything worth stealing, and the gangs are small fry (Hell's Angels have a monopoly on major and organized crime, and they're good about PR) so if you stay away from drugs and general "hoodrat stuff", nobody will look to cause you trouble.

Edited by Frith is Magick
expand idea and correct typos

Being Mugged or Pickpocketed is almost a rite of Passage over here in the Capital City, The disparity of Wealth is quite wide and contraception is frowned upon on the lower class making the situation very difficult to tackle. 

I've been a victim of it about...thrice? It's...not really a big deal here

Edited by White Blood Cell

It's quite bad where I am most days there's always police cars and ambulances in my area near my house there's a lot of vandalism or murder potentially etc.

Edited by Crow2

• 1 month later...