Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Personality Types

Mr. Shoe

INTP

Introvert(67%)  iNtuitive(62%)  Thinking(1%)  Perceiving(22)%

You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)

You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)

You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)

You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

A little odd that I prefer intuition over sensing but thinking over feeling. 

The people who made this test are insane- didn't you know?

I got INFJ 

INFJ

Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(25%)  Feeling(62%) Judging(11%)

• You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

So that's pretty exciting :D

Here's a more detailed description:

INFJs are distinguished by both their complexity of character and the unusual range and depth of their talents. Strongly humanitarian in outlook, INFJs tend to be idealists, and because of their J preference for closure and completion, they are generally "doers" as well as dreamers. This rare combination of vision and practicality often results in INFJs taking a disproportionate amount of responsibility in the various causes to which so many of them seem to be drawn.

INFJs are deeply concerned about their relations with individuals as well as the state of humanity at large. They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people -- a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates." While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others, at intervals INFJs will suddenly withdraw into themselves, sometimes shutting out even their intimates. This apparent paradox is a necessary escape valve for them, providing both time to rebuild their depleted resources and a filter to prevent the emotional overload to which they are so susceptible as inherent "givers." As a pattern of behavior, it is perhaps the most confusing aspect of the enigmatic INFJ character to outsiders, and hence the most often misunderstood -- particularly by those who have little experience with this rare type.

Due in part to the unique perspective produced by this alternation between detachment and involvement in the lives of the people around them, INFJs may well have the clearest insights of all the types into the motivations of others, for good and for evil. The most important contributing factor to this uncanny gift, however, are the empathic abilities often found in Fs, which seem to be especially heightened in the INFJ type (possibly by the dominance of the introverted N function).

This empathy can serve as a classic example of the two-edged nature of certain INFJ talents, as it can be strong enough to cause discomfort or pain in negative or stressful situations. More explicit inner conflicts are also not uncommon in INFJs; it is possible to speculate that the causes for some of these may lie in the specific combinations of preferences which define this complex type. For instance, there can sometimes be a "tug-of-war" between NF vision and idealism and the J practicality that urges compromise for the sake of achieving the highest priority goals. And the I and J combination, while perhaps enhancing self-awareness, may make it difficult for INFJs to articulate their deepest and most convoluted feelings.

Usually self-expression comes more easily to INFJs on paper, as they tend to have strong writing skills. Since in addition they often possess a strong personal charisma, INFJs are generally well-suited to the "inspirational" professions such as teaching (especially in higher education) and religious leadership. Psychology and counseling are other obvious choices, but overall, INFJs can be exceptionally difficult to pigeonhole by their career paths. Perhaps the best example of this occurs in the technical fields. Many INFJs perceive themselves at a disadvantage when dealing with the mystique and formality of "hard logic", and in academic terms this may cause a tendency to gravitate towards the liberal arts rather than the sciences. However, the significant minority of INFJs who do pursue studies and careers in the latter areas tend to be as successful as their T counterparts, as it is *iNtuition* -- the dominant function for the INFJ type -- which governs the ability to understand abstract theory and implement it creatively.

In their own way, INFJs are just as much "systems builders" as are INTJs; the difference lies in that most INFJ "systems" are founded on human beings and human values, rather than information and technology. Their systems may for these reasons be conceptually "blurrier" than analogous NT ones, harder to measure in strict numerical terms, and easier to take for granted -- yet it is these same underlying reasons which make the resulting contributions to society so vital and profound.

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life.Those who are activists - INFJs gravitate toward such a role - are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden.They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress.INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless.The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led.These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time.Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche..

And here's some career choices:

INFJs are effective in occupations involving substantial intellectual work, caring for other people, and requiring creativity. INFJs build successful careers in a broad range of organizations. Social and community care services, counseling, teachers of humanities and social sciences, healthcare workers (both in administration and in medical services), various service-oriented professions as well as religious services and social movements are just some of the examples of occupations favourable to INFJs. Quite often they are found in mid-rank management positions. For some of them occupations in sciences or academia are also favourable.

The career page listed things like: Social Worker, Librarian, Psychology, Psychotherapist, Artist, etc. So I think I've made a good choice by majoring in Art Therapy :)

Edited by Sabrinie
  • Brohoof 1

INTJ, husband is ENTJ. We're the power couple among our friends. We get shit done, and leave others in awe. It's pretty fantastic.

INTJ
Introvert(67%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Thinking(38%)  Judging(78%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
  • You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)
Edited by Troblems

This is the expanded (wall of text) explanation for ISTJ: 

The Duty Fulfiller

As an ISTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

ISTJs are quiet and reserved individuals who are interested in security and peaceful living. They have a strongly-felt internal sense of duty, which lends them a serious air and the motivation to follow through on tasks. Organized and methodical in their approach, they can generally succeed at any task which they undertake.

ISTJs are very loyal, faithful, and dependable. They place great importance on honesty and integrity. They are "good citizens" who can be depended on to do the right thing for their families and communities. While they generally take things very seriously, they also usually have an offbeat sense of humor and can be a lot of fun - especially at family or work-related gatherings.

ISTJs tend to believe in laws and traditions, and expect the same from others. They're not comfortable with breaking laws or going against the rules. If they are able to see a good reason for stepping outside of the established mode of doing things, the ISTJ will support that effort. However, ISTJs more often tend to believe that things should be done according to procedures and plans. If an ISTJ has not developed their Intuitive side sufficiently, they may become overly obsessed with structure, and insist on doing everything "by the book".

The ISTJ is extremely dependable on following through with things which he or she has promised. For this reason, they sometimes get more and more work piled on them. Because the ISTJ has such a strong sense of duty, they may have a difficult time saying "no" when they are given more work than they can reasonably handle. For this reason, the ISTJ often works long hours, and may be unwittingly taken advantage of.

The ISTJ will work for long periods of time and put tremendous amounts of energy into doing any task which they see as important to fulfilling a goal. However, they will resist putting energy into things which don't make sense to them, or for which they can't see a practical application. They prefer to work alone, but work well in teams when the situation demands it. They like to be accountable for their actions, and enjoy being in positions of authority. The ISTJ has little use for theory or abstract thinking, unless the practical application is clear.

ISTJs have tremendous respect for facts. They hold a tremendous store of facts within themselves, which they have gathered through their Sensing preference. They may have difficulty understanding a theory or idea which is different from their own perspective. However, if they are shown the importance or relevance of the idea to someone who they respect or care about, the idea becomes a fact, which the ISTJ will internalize and support. Once the ISTJ supports a cause or idea, he or she will stop at no lengths to ensure that they are doing their duty of giving support where support is needed.

The ISTJ is not naturally in tune with their own feelings and the feelings of others. They may have difficulty picking up on emotional needs immediately, as they are presented. Being perfectionists themselves, they have a tendency to take other people's efforts for granted, like they take their own efforts for granted. They need to remember to pat people on the back once in a while.

ISTJs are likely to be uncomfortable expressing affection and emotion to others. However, their strong sense of duty and the ability to see what needs to be done in any situation usually allows them to overcome their natural reservations, and they are usually quite supporting and caring individuals with the people that they love. Once the ISTJ realizes the emotional needs of those who are close to them, they put forth effort to meet those needs.

The ISTJ is extremely faithful and loyal. Traditional and family-minded, they will put forth great amounts of effort at making their homes and families running smoothly. They are responsible parents, taking their parenting roles seriously. They are usually good and generous providers to their families. They care deeply about those close to them, although they usually are not comfortable with expressing their love. The ISTJ is likely to express their affection through actions, rather than through words.

ISTJs have an excellent ability to take any task and define it, organize it, plan it, and implement it through to completion. They are very hard workers, who do not allow obstacles to get in the way of performing their duties. They do not usually give themselves enough credit for their achievements, seeing their accomplishments simply as the natural fulfillment of their obligations.

ISTJs usually have a great sense of space and function, and artistic appreciation. Their homes are likely to be tastefully furnished and immaculately maintained. They are acutely aware of their senses, and want to be in surroundings which fit their need for structure, order, and beauty.

Under stress, ISTJs may fall into "catastrophe mode", where they see nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. They will berate themselves for things which they should have done differently, or duties which they failed to perform. They will lose their ability to see things calmly and reasonably, and will depress themselves with their visions of doom.

In general, the ISTJ has a tremendous amount of potential. Capable, logical, reasonable, and effective individuals with a deeply driven desire to promote security and peaceful living, the ISTJ has what it takes to be highly effective at achieving their chosen goals - whatever they may be.

Jungian functional preference ordering:   Dominant: Introverted Sensing Auxiliary: Extraverted Thinking Tertiary: Introverted Feeling Inferior: Extraverted Intuition

I got INTP. Not very surprising, that's what I get every time I take these tests (although sometimes I get really close to a J instead of a P). Anyway, my percents:

Introverted: 56%

Intuition: 62%

Thinking: 50%

Perceiving: 22%

Edited by SparklingSwirls

I've taken the Myers Briggs (numerous times to make sure) a long time ago and have done research on it pretty in-depth.

I'm an INTP.

INTP and INTJ types are common on the internet, and the ESFJ is one of the rarest on the internet. It's just their personality talking. The ESFJ is geared towards having a high social life and they're also realistic and pretty down-to-earth; thus the internet isn't their cup of tea necessarily--they're more likely to check Facebook and that's about it (although it appears there is at least one ESFJ on the mlpforums.) Of course Myers Briggs has no hard and fast rules when it all comes down to it. It's all about tendencies and preferences. Basically.

Anyway--so, yeah. It makes sense that INTP and INTJ have the most votes. I am a bit surprised at the lack of ENTJ though! The typical "ENTJ" must not be too crazy about ponies huh? Darn... well, that makes sense too. ENTJs are more action-flick type of people. Not that they have that much room for entertainment anyway. They're ambitious.

(Again, the Myers Briggs is a pretty general thing. But I love it so, so much. I have fun with the "types" and I have my own ideas from experience what type of people fall into what types. :derp: )

If you are an INTJ, INTP, ENTP, or INFP, feel free to chat to me about whatever. I get along with those four types the best. In other words, we might be able to become friends fairly easily. :)

• Brohoof 2

Welp, INTJ

Introvert(72%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Thinking(1%)  Judging(1%)

I guess not that far from the truth. 

Although I think it's safe to assume the latter 3  would spin around like carousel, depending on my mood and recent events on the day of taking the test.

>> INTJs see what might be and say "Why not?!"

"Why not" should probably be my catchphrase. I use it frequent enough that it would save me some time to make a snippet for my chat clients :D 

Edited by LunarWave
  • Brohoof 1

Apparently I'm an INFP, which I've known for a fairly long time now. Only just now I've read what that actually meant though. And I must say, I'm really surprised, as the things described are very accurate overall. Not all points relate to me, but even those aren't completely inaccurate either.

The descriptions given on various sites do explain a lot and they've really helped me understand myself or link some pieces together. Even though this is coming from my own experience, I do suggest people to look and read up on their MBTI type, who knows, you might find some new things out about yourself.

Here's a little something that sums INFPs up pretty well, at least that's what I thought

INFP-head-collage.jpg

• Brohoof 1

INFP

Introvert(56%)  iNtuitive(62%)  Feeling(62%)  Perceiving(78)%

• You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
  • You have strong preference of Perceiving over Judging (78%)

Apparently fall under the luna category :P 

• Brohoof 1

ESFP

Extravert(11%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(38%) Perceiving(56)%

You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)

You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)

You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)

You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (56%)

The test from the link in the original post said I'm an ISFP. (Introvert(100%)  Sensing(12%) Feeling(38%) Perceiving(44)%)

Description of my type (warning: a lot of text)

ISFPs are the first to hear the different drummer. Many eagerly plunge into new fashions, avant garde experiences, 'hip' trends--some even setting the trends.
More in touch with the reality of their senses than their INFP counterparts, ISFPs live in the here and now. Their impulses yearn to be free, and are often loosed when others least expect it. The ISFP who continually represses these impulses feels 'dead inside' and may eventually cut and run. (One ISFP friend has become nonambulatory within the past few years. He will still, on impulse, leave home in the middle of the night and go to Las Vegas or wherever, regardless of the difficulties of his physical condition.)
ISFPs may be quite charming and ingratiating on first acquaintance, flowing with compliments which may (or may not) be deserved. On other occasions, the same individual may be aloof and detached. Some ISFP males are fiercely competitive, especially in sport or table games, and may have great difficulty losing. This competitive nature, also seen in other SP types, sometimes fosters 'lucky,' 'gut' feelings and a willingness to take risks.
Organized education is difficult for the majority of ISFPs, and many drop out before finishing secondary education. Their interest can be held better through experiential learning, at which many excel. ISFPs will practice playing an instrument or honing a favored skill for hours on end, not so much as practice as for the joy of the experience.
Differential diagnosis:
ISFPs are less fantasy-oriented than INFPs. These types are often confused, however, INFPs lean strongly to daydreams, poetry, prose and more philosophical pursuits; ISFPs often live out 'id' experiences rather than writing or even talking about them.
ISFJs are driven by the conventional, by 'should's and 'ought's; ISFPs internalize their Feeling (by nature a judging function) which bursts out spontaneously and leaves as quickly and mysteriously as it came.
Because of these variant expressions of Feeling judgement, ISFPs are sometimes confused with ESFJs, but keep themselves more aloof, more often concealing the feelings that ESFJs are so apt to expose.
ESFPs express thoughts more readily (and, in the main, skillfully). ISFPs can and do perform admirably in the spotlight, but generally have little to say about the performance. For example, few ISFPs would be disc-jockeys, a field strongly represented by ES_Ps.
(ISFP stands for Introvert, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving and represents individual's preferences in four dimensions characterising personality type, according to Jung's and Briggs Myers' theories of personality type.)

Fuctional Anaylsis of my type (warning: a lot of text)

Introverted Feeling

Feeling, unbridled by the external forces of society and substance, is the dominant function. ISFPs spontaneously develop their own codes and credos, about which they are quite sober and intense. ISFPs are questors, driven to find the pure and ideal, as personally and individually defined. Feeling may temporarily turn outward, but cannot be long sustained beyond its cloistered home.
If the individual has values greater than herself, feeling may express itself in valiant acts of selflessness. Turned in upon self, however, it becomes an unscrupulous, capricious enigma, capable even of heinous acts of deception and treachery.
Extraverted Sensing
ISFPs keep a finger on the pulse of here and now. They are more adept at doing than considering, at acting than reflecting, at tasting than wondering. As do most SPs, ISFPs keenly sense color, sound, texture, and movement. It is not unusual for ISFPs to excel in sensory, motor, or kinesthetic abilities.
ISFPs cherish their impulses. Some of the most beautiful, graceful, and artistic performances are the result of this drive for physical, sensate expression.
Introverted iNtuition
Tertiary intuition works best in the background of the ISFP's inner world. Perhaps this is the source of the "gut feeling" SPs consult in matters of chance. However "lucky" the ISFP may be, intuition as a means of communication is a poor servant, evidenced in spoonerisms, and non sequiturs and mixed metaphors.
Extraverted Thinking
The ISFP may employ Extraverted Thinking in external situations requiring closure. As is the case with inferior functions, such Thinking behaves in an all or nothing manner. Thus, as with other FP types, the ISFP's Extraverted Thinking is at risk for a lack of context and proportion. In most cases, persons of this type enjoy greater facility operating in the open-ended style of sensing, implying the opinions of feeling values in the indirect fashion characteristic of introverted functions.

Even after 2-3 years of taking a MBTI test, it still says I'm an ISFP which according to this chart from another website

http://www.neatorama.com/2013/10/11/My-Little-Pony-MBTI-Chart-and-an-Explanation-of-the-Myers-Briggs-Typology/#!urybX

says I'm like Fluttershy. I mostly agree with it especially with the line, "Like to have their own space and to work in their own time frame"

Although most of the time, I still see myself as Twilight for one good reason: we both have "unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in [our] area of interest" according to their descriptions. However, within the article my link goes to, the author believes Twilight to be more INTJ than INTP, which would put her in Celestia's place. Makes sense, considering how Twilight looks up to Celestia with great reverence. 

Also, I've noticed the majority of votes in this poll as of this post is

INTJ (Celestia) at about 30 votes followed by a tie of INTP(Twilight) and INFP(Luna) at about 16 votes

Edited by WiiGuy
  • Brohoof 1

I am ENTJ. I have a strong preference for extroversion over introversion, a moderate preference for intuition over sensing, a distinctive preference for thinking over feeling, and a moderate preference for judging over perceiving. 

I think its about right, especially the extroverted part.

Two different tests have concluded that I am ISTJ. I agree, since I do what I am tasked to do, no matter the cost, as well as a host of other things that are common to ISTJs.

Unwavering will, unstoppable in their goals, unparalleled work ethic. 

MHM

• Brohoof 1

I've taken this before. I'm ENFP, which makes me the complete opposite of my brother.

So... I'm Pinkie Pie, then. Not what I would have hoped, but it does make some sense. I am closer to Rarity than I thought, though.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm a ESTJ; "Administrator" Very responsible, Pillar of strength (whatever that means) and similar to 8.7% of the population

Extroverted (E) 51.72% Introverted (I) 48.28%
Sensing (S) 63.41% Intuitive (N) 36.59%
Thinking (T) 63.64% Feeling (F) 36.36%
Judging (J) 62.86% Perceiving (P) 37.14%

I think the MBTI is great, I actually found it very helpful for learning more about myself. I'm an INFP, I identify very strongly with that type, I'd say that the vast majority of things that define an INFP are true for me. I used to get INTP, but I've become far more emotional over the last few years.

• Brohoof 1

I got the INTJ personality type. (Supposedly the rarest type and one of the most interesting types, only about 2% of the population)

67% introvert, 12% intuitive, 25% thinking, 44% judging. The INTJ personality type seems to suite me well, but if there is one thing in this world that I am not, that is a perfectionist. 

Edited by Golden Shield
  • Brohoof 1

ISTJ
Introvert(56%)  Sensing(12%)  Thinking(12%)  Judging(33%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
  • You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Um...ok, I guess...