Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the real Grogar Please stand up, please stand up!

Star Petal

So, if Grogar was Discord, and Discord was just pretending to be Grogar, and Grogar's bell DOES in fact exist which means there was a grogar.....what happened to grogar? The princesses never mentioned or hinted at him ever existing in the series, even during flash backs in the past. The final season is all we got and we got like 3 episodes or something of Grogar and the final episode is just a few seconds of him before he gets zapped into discord. 

So, where is Grogar, Why do you think his belle was locked up in some mountain instead at some sort of secret vault under the castle in the same manner so the princesses can keep an better eye on it, assuming THEY were the ones whom defeated him? How come with all of the friendship magic, the bell could not be destroyed? What happened to it post time skip? IS the real grogar going to stand up anytime soon? I think we have an movie straight to t.v or something coming out, right? 

• Brohoof 2

Discord as Grogar explained in Frenemies that he was defeated by "Gusty the Great" who took his bewitching bell and hid it atop Mount Everhoof. So, it wasn't the Princesses who defeated him. Tirek apparently heard tales of Grogar's tyranny even when he was small, and mentions that he ruled over the land that "Would become Equestria". All of this leads me to believe that like Hardway above me says, Grogar is  before the Princesses time and they very well might never have even met him, but only heard of him.

• Brohoof 7

5 hours ago, Star Petal said:

So, if Grogar was Discord, and Discord was just pretending to be Grogar, and Grogar's bell DOES in fact exist which means there was a grogar.....what happened to grogar? The princesses never mentioned or hinted at him ever existing in the series, even during flash backs in the past. The final season is all we got and we got like 3 episodes or something of Grogar and the final episode is just a few seconds of him before he gets zapped into discord. 

So, where is Grogar, Why do you think his belle was locked up in some mountain instead at some sort of secret vault under the castle in the same manner so the princesses can keep an better eye on it, assuming THEY were the ones whom defeated him? How come with all of the friendship magic, the bell could not be destroyed? What happened to it post time skip? IS the real grogar going to stand up anytime soon? I think we have an movie straight to t.v or something coming out, right? 

Gusty the great probably trapped his magic inside the bell, which made him mortal. I guess he died thousands of moons ago without anyone knowing about it.

• Brohoof 1

For me Grogar is easily one of the most interesting aspects of Equestria's history. Why is that? Keep in mind that enemies like Tirek and Sombra have been around for a LONG time (over 1000 years at least) and they only mention either hearing or knowing of him. Considering these two committed their earlier transgressions when Princess Luna was still pre-Nightmare Moon, and even Tirek himself states of hearing "tales of his tyranny" in his younger years, I think it's safe to say that Grogar's ruled what would be known as Equestria before the royal sisters were even born. Not only did they having nothing to do with Grogar's defeat; it wasn't even the legendary Starswirl nor Clover the Clever. It was a previously unknown unicorn named Gusty.

To me this says that Grogar is extremely ancient; probably even before Starswirl himself was born. This was during a time when Equestria was just a "collection of fields and pastures," which somewhat mirrors the time when the three pony tribes were not united. And keep in mind that Gusty was never mentioned during the Hearths Warming legend, so again, extremely ancient.

• Brohoof 3

I guess, by going by what we know is that: grogar ruled equestria and maybe even could create monsters by using the belle(taking magic from one creature and transfering it into another, or maybe another spell that the trio did not use), he was immensely powerful but one powerful and smart unicorn(gasty the great) tricked grogar and stole his belle and used it to steal his powers(the belle contained grogars powers, and someone had to write that book and I seriously doubt that it was grogar, so it was probably gusty the great that studied grogar using the belle and made a research. Then she stole the belle and used it against him) and hid it in the mountain. She maybe ended up killing grogar(or banishing him) or maybe he ran away, and died long ago(or if you think he is immortal than still alive somewhere).

It's likely Grogar was either banished to another realm in a manner similar to his G1 incarnation, or is still hiding somewhere, just waiting and watching. I don't think he'd be dead, mainly because he seems more like a spirit or magical creature like Discord than a normal goat. His title as 'The Father of Monsters' makes me think he's more like a dark aspect of creation; that maybe he made all the strange creatures like manticores and dragons and chimeras at a time farther back than pony history records. He could've already been ancient when ponies first encountered him. And not only is he old, but also powerful. He created a bell that can withstand the most powerful force in the show, the friendship beam. Perhaps if he had been the one using it, being more experienced with how it worked, he could've actually beaten the ponies and their gathered allies. 

• Brohoof 2

I have no idea but I surely hope the IDW comic will do a better justice on Grogar for their S10.

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, nightshroud96 said:

I hope so too.
Would like to see how would the real Grogar fare in this.

I would imagine the comic will make Grogar character similar to Mordor. Giving a bit of lord of ring vibe to the story. That would be cool.  I mean Grogar is a necromancer, it would make sense to make him thee dark lord of the centuries.  

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

It's likely Grogar was either banished to another realm in a manner similar to his G1 incarnation, or is still hiding somewhere, just waiting and watching. I don't think he'd be dead, mainly because he seems more like a spirit or magical creature like Discord than a normal goat. His title as 'The Father of Monsters' makes me think he's more like a dark aspect of creation; that maybe he made all the strange creatures like manticores and dragons and chimeras at a time farther back than pony history records. He could've already been ancient when ponies first encountered him. And not only is he old, but also powerful. He created a bell that can withstand the most powerful force in the show, the friendship beam. Perhaps if he had been the one using it, being more experienced with how it worked, he could've actually beaten the ponies and their gathered allies. 

Interesting idea. Of which force do you think he was the embodiement of?

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

I was thinking some kind of creation, but it was mentioned in an episode he grew stronger from fear. 

Would have been interesting if Grogar  had some connection with Sombra due to the fear stuff.
Maybe Grogar created the Umbrum(IF Sombra's backstory from the comic applies in the show) or had a hand in Sombra's descent into darkness(that is IF the show isn't using Sombra's backstory from the comic since so far the other Umbrum and Radiant Hope haven't appeared in the show and the fact the season 9 premiere pretty much proved "Siege of the Crystal Empire" to not be canon to the show.)

• Brohoof 1

If they do in fact do a series on the real Grogar, it's hard telling what it'd be like---to be honest, I kind of like the idea of Gusty beating him, even if it was simply by stealing his magic and then letting time do him in by waiting for old age to finish him.  It's nice to think the mane six aren't the only ones who are allowed to save Equestria!

Some part of me says that it'd be too much like a rehash of Season 9, especially if they did it in Season 10.  Season 12 or so might be okay (assuming there are that many; there may or may not be, of course).

What I'd like, personally, is having a villain who gets introduced in the season premiere, who doesn't get permanently neutralized until the season finale, and whose machinations show up in a majority of the episodes of the season---either driving the episode's main plot or its B-plot.  It's okay if there are plenty of episodes they don't appear in, but honestly, villains have only been a driving force in the premieres and finales of the show itself.

Expanding on how much villains drive the plot is one thing I would've liked to see in the show itself, but unfortunately it ended before that happened.

9 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

I was thinking some kind of creation, but it was mentioned in an episode he grew stronger from fear. 

Then we have Chaos, Malice and Fear covered. :dash: A really interesting idea. It reminds me a bit of Tom Bombadil. 

The story about Grogar is not really end because according from informasion wiki and the season 7,  Gusty the Great is just banish him but not until kill him in the past so there is no answer from Wiki if Grogar is really dead because the answer is not clear at all. My opinion Grogar is alive after the season 9 but he is in the some where that all creature didn't know where is him now.

11 minutes ago, Flash-Magnus said:

The story about Grogar is not really end because according from informasion wiki and the season 7,  Gusty the Great is just banish him but not until kill him in the past so there is no answer from Wiki if Grogar is really dead because the answer is not clear at all. My opinion Grogar is alive after the season 9 but he is in the some where that all creature didn't know where is him now.

Nobody dies in pony. We can't even know for certain that the Apples are orphaned because its never mentioned, and those we thought were well gone (Sombra for example) turn out to be just banished.

The Storm King is now equestria's biggest jigsaw puzzle and would need a LOT of crazy glue, but willing to bet he could be brought back too.