Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pick your least favourite episode per season

SpittyPie2005

2 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

I don’t dislike this one, and I can’t speak for Odyssey herself, but I can see a few reasons why while looking from the outside.

1. Pinkie’s treatment in this episode, especially in the last act, can be very hard to watch.
  2. Some of the jokes didn’t land for everyone, such as Mr. Cake changing diapers with his mouth.
  3. The final act itself. The twins’ abilities to fly and use magic at such a young age when neither Scoot nor Sweetie could at the time opened questions with its continuity. Secondly, after the twins’ antics got Pinkie crying, they looked at each other and dumped flour over their heads to cheer her up. For some, this implies that they knew that what they were doing could make her so upset. I don’t quite agree with that interpretation completely; you can argue that they saw Pinkie was hurt and came up with the flour by instinct of what she did before.

DQ has echoed my thoughts here. I just am not a big fan of babysitting episodes either, the jokes are predictably repetitive and I personally just can't relate to these sort of situations

5 hours ago, SpittyPie2005 said:

Why is everyone hating on Baby Cakes?!

You made a post about least favourite episodes, you should expect that not everyone's going to like the things you do. Me hating it =/= everyone hates it :huh:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

You made a post about least favourite episodes, you should expect that not everyone's going to like the things you do. Me hating it =/= everyone hates it :huh:

When did I say I excepted it? Also you're not the only one hating on it so...

1 hour ago, SpittyPie2005 said:

When did I say I excepted it?

You get upset and react by quoting to others saying "why does so and so hate this episode I like?"

• 1 year later...

Season 1: Owl's Well

Season 2: Dragon Quest

Season 3: One Bad Apple

Season 4: Rainbow Falls

Season 5: Princess Spike

Season 6: PPOV

Season 7: Hard to Say Anything

Season 8: Non-Complete Cause

Season 9: 2, 4, 6, Greaaat

• Brohoof 1

Season 1: Boast Busters

Season 2: Putting Your Hoof Down

Season 3: Spike at Your Service 

Season 4: Somepony Watch Over Me

Season 6: Newbie Dash

Season 7: Honest Apple

Season 8: Non Compete Clause

Season 9: 2, 4, 6, Grade A Horseshit

Edited by JMTV99

Okay, hone thing before hand: Least favourite doesn't mean hate for me.

Season 1: 'Over a Barrel'

Season 2: ''Secret of my Excess'

Season 3: 'Spike at your Service'

Season 4: 'Somepony to Watch Over Me'

Season 5: 'Princess Spike'

Season 6: 'P.P.O.V' I found the most boring to be honest, but in 'The Cart Before the Ponies' the cheated hard in the writing of the plot. So hard to decide here. .. I think boring is worse than cheating so I go with 'P.P.O.V' here.

Season 7: 'Not Asking for Trouble'

Season 8: 'Non-Compete Clause' / 'The End in Friend'

Season 9: '2,4,6, Greaaat'

• Brohoof 2

Season 1: Over a Barrel

Season 3: Spike at your Service

Season 4: Somepony Watch Over Me

Season 6: PPOV

Season 7: Not Asking For Trouble

Season 8: School Daze (Non-Compete Clause is a close second along with many of the other terrible episodes that season)

Season 9: 2,4,6 Greaaat 

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Season 1: The Show Stoppers

Season 2: The Mysterious Mare Do Well

Season 3: Spike at Your Service

Season 4: Equestria Games

Season 5: What About Discord?

Season 7: Triple Threat

Season 8: Father Knows Beast

Season 9: Sweet and Smoky

• Brohoof 1

Season 1: The Show Stoppers (Although there's a lot, this season was so boring bro lmao)

Season 2: Secret of my Excess

Season 3: Spike at your service

Season 4: Equestria Games

Season 5: Party Pooped

Season 6: Half of this season, but if I had to pick one I'd choose Newbie Dash

Season 7: Once Upon a Zeppelin 

Season 8: Father Knows Beast (The only episode in this season I dislike)

Season 9:  Going to Seed (Again, the only episode in this season I really dislike)

• Brohoof 1

Season 2: Putting Your Hoof Down

Season 5: The Hooffields and the McColts

Season 7: Honest Apple

Season 8: Non-Compete Clause

Season 9: 2, 4, 6, Great

Here's mine...

• S1: Boast Busters (Dishonorable mentions: Owl's Well that Ends Well, Sonic Rainboom, The Show Stoppers)
  • S2: Putting Your Hoof Down (Dishonorable mentions: Baby Cakes, Dragon Quest, MMMystery on the Friendship Express)
  • S3: Spike at your Service (Dishonorable mentions: One Bad Apple, Magical Mystery Cure, Just For Sidekicks)
  • S4: Rainbow Falls (Dishonorable mentions: Bats, Somepony to Watch Over Me, Equestria Games)
  • S5: The Cutie Remark (Dishonorable mentions: Slice of Life, Princess Spike, Tanks for the Memories)
  • S6: To Where and Back Again (Dishonorable mentions: Newbie Dash, 28 Pranks Later, No Second Prances)
  • S7: Fame and Misfortune (Dishonorable mentions: A Flurry of Emotions, Hard to Say Anything, Honest Apple)
  • S8: Fake It Till You Make It (Dishonorable mentions: The Mean Six, A Matter of Principals, Yakity Sax)

I still refuse to watch the rest of S9... :eww:

Edited by Woohoo
  • Brohoof 1

Season 6: Applejack's Day Off (There is like 5 minutes of actual plot here, no humor to speak of (outside of Rainbow Dash at the spa which was the only good thing here), and Applejack is an idiot. This feels like an episode of a generic toddlers show, not MLP. This is one of the most boring episodes of any show I have seen and it is my least favorite episode of the entire show for this reason.)

Season 7: Fame and Misfortune 

Season 8: Yakity-Sax

Season 9: Growing Up Is Hard To Do

• 1 month later...

S1: A Bird in the Hoof because it kind of grossed me out sometimes.
S2: Putting Your Hoof Down because it was painful seeing Fluttershy act so unlike herself.
S3: Apple Family Reunion, there's nothing really wrong with it but it's a bit awkward somehow, like Applejack thinking the fillies would enjoy an extremely difficult race.
S4: Twilight Time, the school foals act weird and I just enjoy the other episodes of this season more.
S5: Made in Manehatten because it's kind of slow and boring, there's nothing offending about it though.
S6: Applejack's "Day" Off because it is rather uninteresting and it's not nice to think that Applejack wasted her time doing things in a silly way for so long.
S7: Forever Filly, it's hard for me to watch that one because I actually like the same things I did when I was a little kid and it makes me feel self-conscious and dumb.
S8: Non-Complete Clause because it is boring and doesn't go anywhere.

I haven't rewatched S9 in while, so I can't accurately pick a least favorite, but I'll decide when I get to it.