Do you think Pinkie Pie can be a good mother?

Azureth

Some people can do the most surprising things where you don't expect them to, yet they can do it very well. Same with Pinkie and motherhood - despite her weirdness, she's shown she loves to babysit the Cake Twins before. And Li'l Cheese looks happy to be around their mother too! 

• Brohoof 3

I think that I understand why you have this question. Pinkie Pie is hyperactive and acts silly most of the time. She just doesn’t seem like she would be a very responsible mother. At least, that’s how I see it. I have a feeling that having a child has caused her to mature and seriously take into consideration what it really takes to raise one.

• Brohoof 4

I think Pinkie would be perfectly capable as a mother. She can be serious when the situation calls for it and we've already seen that she has experience with Pumpkin and Pound Cake. I'm sure that the years in between the time skip would have served as good time and experience for becoming a mother.

• Brohoof 3

I think that Pinkie Pie could make for a great mother. She's learned much about responsibility and maturity from her friends. She also has experience in taking care of children from watching the Cake twins and Flurry Heart. 

Moreover, Pinkie Pie has a natural loving personality, so it's not like she would be neglectful.

13 hours ago, Azureth said:

As we saw, she has her own kid but can she really be a good mother?

Not just a good mother, but a great one - I've always seen her as having a big family.

Mind you, there may still be hurdles, especially if any of her kids are as different from her as she is from her own parents. But when Pinkie pie isn't a natural at something, she learns. (Of course, a good spouse to share to he job with helps too.)

• Brohoof 1

I think she will be a great mother as long as the writers don't decide to make her a terrible one for the conflict. I don't know how to feel about the fact that I can imagine her being a terrible mother more graphically than her being a good mother. But still, I bet her kids won't get a lack of love or attention.

• 1 year later...

Nobody is born to be a good father or mother. People mature into it by experience.

If you remember theCake Twin episode. In the beginning she only plays with them and have fun time and later has troubles but tries very hard to Babysit. At the end she managed it and learned a great deal from it  and she's willing to do it again. Pinkie will have some years experience of baby sitting until she has Little Cheese. I'm convinced by then she has a lot of experience and is a great mom. Even if she hyperactive by nature.

• Brohoof 1

That was one of the things I didn’t like about the finale. The fact that the pony least likely to become a mother became a mother. I’m not saying that she’d be a bad mother, I just wish that they didn’t put that into the finale. It’s the prospect of her becoming soft that I don’t like.