Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The best fanfiction genre?!

ThatYoungBrony

You read right. I want to know your favorite genre of fanfictions! I mean, they can get widespread! Romance? Perhaps MMMystery?! Heck, I've seen mixes of them both! I want to know your thoughts, so I can figure out which, according to the many varying bronies and pegasisters, is the best genre!

(edited)

Clopfics'nuff said.

Anyways, probably sad fanfics, some comedy too, i like em both honestly, not sure which is my favorite though

Edited by Pinkazoid!
  • Brohoof 5

Grimdarks.

Why? Mainly for the fact that they are actually accurate most the time, and everybody needs a little scary reading once in a while.

Shippings, forget about dem, and crossovers are legit.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
I pretty much enjoy all of them. Yeah... all but the ones that are like "Cupcakes". Not too fond of over the top Grimdark. But I tend to read the sad ones a lot for some reason -_- Edited by DashPony
  • Brohoof 1

I despise fics like Rainbow Factory or Cupcakes, because it pisses me off when people rip characters out of character and turn them into something they're not. Why do I mention this? Because my preferred type of fanfiction is the cute, warm, hnnnng ones :3 I've said it once and I'll say it again, this world of ours is fucked up, and it's only in media, fan-made media to be more precise, that you can escape our cesspool of a world and delve into as much cuteness and happiness as you want.In short, I don't want to read depressing stories in a sad world, I want to use the opportunity to read about the positive, cute, friendly, or romantic stories that are not always possible in our sad world.

Cuddly and Cute is best fanfic genre. At least for ponies.

• Brohoof 9

(edited)

I also like, Shipfics especially PinkieDash ones xD.... and I just wuuuubbbb Comedies :3

And I love sad fanfics

in fact one of my favorite ones was when Pinkie died and turned into a ghost xD

Edited by Pinkazoid
  • Brohoof 2

I guess that depends on the writer, and all genres have good writers and not so good ones. My personal faves include clopfics, some darkfics (ones that aren't gorry), and what would be considered epics (like really long, but extremely well written stories by people who should be professional authors).

(edited)

I prefer adventure epics and episode-style fics. Shipping can also be great, but I've kind of burnt out on it after reading so much. Not much love for the grim dark, because the only ones I've found (aside from Silent Ponyville), have been trash.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Brohoof 1

I also like, Shipfics especially PinkieDash ones xD.... and I just wuuuubbbb Comedies :3

And I love sad fanfics

in fact one of my favorite ones was when Pinkie died and turned into a ghost xD

You wouldn't be refering to "Bitter Sweet" would you? :)

You wouldn't be refering to "Bitter Sweet" would you? :)

Nope, Ghastly Ghouls.... it makes me cry everytime I read it xD

it's a chapter in a story of Monster Mashups :3

Nope, Ghastly Ghouls.... it makes me cry everytime I read it xD

it's a chapter in a story of Monster Mashups :3

Sounds interesting :lol: I'll have to check it out sometime

(edited)

Post removed by author

Edited by Spurvn

I think crossovers are the best.

Someone can take this crossover idea from me if they wish below.

..... Something I just thought of in five minutes below.

Like the main 6 Ponies coming to a much darker parallel universe of My Little Pony where Princess Celestia is a tyrannical dictator with an Aztec like society that demands the sacrifice of young ponies in order to please her enough to raise the sun and the moon to make her world livable to her lesser pony slaves, who are good like the Ponies where the main six came from, but live in fear and poverty under Princess Celestia's shadow.

And Princess Celestia royal guard are shadow like ghost Ponies with red eyes. Princess Celestia enjoys the suffering of the Ponies, and will often torture and kill them for fun.

Princess Celestia's fortress is Canterlot in this parallel universe, unlike Canterlot this is a castle floating in mid air in a dark stormy cloudy sky on a island over a lake of lava, and the surrounding ash like landscape is filled by evil monsters of Princess Celestia's making that will attack and kill anything on sight.

Plot Line: Some Ponies who stand against Princess Celestia live in the Everfree Forest and hope that the prophecy of Princess Luna may one day come true. The prophecy being that Princess Luna will one day be freed by six Ponies (the main six from another parallel universe) to uplift and free the Ponies from Princess Celestia's rule by Princess Luna defeating Princess Celestia in battle, then Princess Luna will take control of the sun and the moon to open the way to a new age of peace and happiness.

• 3 weeks later...

Plausible, well-written comedies with elements of mystery and "daw" are the best fanfics.

Romance, sad, and even clop stuff can be sweet.

Grimdark with ponies can't ever really be anything more than a parody. Parodies can be good though.

Meta is funny but there's too much of it.

I am into the clop fics, I am also making one now myself, not far from done. I have also planned to make a part two of it if people like it. If you are interested PM me and you can be the first one to read it before I post it on fimfiction :)

NOTE: I don't know how long it will take for it to be done, so please be patient, but I promise it will be done in about a couple of weeks maybe (I don't like to write it while my whole family is home and all because of two reasons. If they see it they will probably think... Well I don't know actually, but it will not be good. And because I can find it hard to concentrate.) So please be patient :)

that one still makes me cry!good to know somepony nows some good fics in here.

I actually go back and look at that fanfic everynow and then... it's just so sad xD

I like all genres!

Though, I somewhat dislike clopfics and horror fanfics involving something like being guttered alive.

I'd rather keep my thoughts on the shows anything but dirty.

Though, I read clopfics once and a while.

I really enjoy tragic sad fics! For example, My Little Dashie, and one that I believe is called "Lost Time".

I love and hate it when they bend background stories or facts. It makes it annoying and interesting.

I can't find any more fanfics though!

Any suggestions would be cool. I love Fluttershy and Trixie, Fanfics on them are Fanfics I tend to like.