Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Tirek, Chrysalis, Cozy Glow come back?

Sepul-Coloratura

(edited)

I mean, three arguing fillies from a school trip woke up Discord. Do you think it will happen to the three baddies turned into a statue? Of course it will happen somehow. They aren't dead.

What do you think would happen?

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 2

49 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

I mean, three arguing fillies from a school trip woke up Discord. Do you think it will happen to the three baddies turned into a statue? Of course it will happen somehow. They aren't dead.

First of all, it's not the 3 crusaders arguing that woke up Discord. It's the other way around. Discord was already waking up after a thousand years of a weakening stone spell and was causing the fillies to argue to show that his powers of causing chaos is returning. Celestia herself said that ever since she and her sister lost their connection with the Elements of Harmony, Discord's prison spell started to weaken over time.

Anyway, out of the terrible 3, I wonder if one wants to genuinely reform. one still wants revenge. and the third simply doesn't care either way and just want to move on with their life.

Question is which one would be which?

• Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

First of all, it's not the 3 crusaders arguing that woke up Discord. It's the other way around. Discord was already waking up after a thousand years of a weakening stone spell and was causing the fillies to argue to show that his powers of causing chaos is returning. Celestia herself said that ever since she and her sister lost their connection with the Elements of Harmony, Discord's prison spell started to weaken over time.

That's certainly an interesting take, but discord can't sway minds without action. We saw that when he had to outright corrupt Fluttershy after his escape, and he's weakened by a lack of chaos, as shown in "Discordant Harmony" when Fluttershy has to act chaotic in order to prevent him from fading into nothing.

Imprisonment spells general take a firm hold for 1,000 years. Any time over that can be attributed to how long it would actually take to escape. Nightmare Moon wasn't weakened and had a tie to the stars so was able to escape as soon as the spell had worn off. While King Sombra being turned to shadow was a bit of a double edged sword for the royal sisters, he still had to actually break out of the ice. Discord however, was unable to spread chaos, so by the time his spell had worn off, he was severely weakened. It only took the nudge of three fighting foals for him to escape, and from there he could recover exponentially. The reason he doesn't fade away during his imprisonment is because it's possible being turned to stone has a preservation property to it, but more than likely that he wasn't able or trying to go against his own nature like he attempted later on.

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

That's certainly an interesting take, but discord can't sway minds without action. We saw that when he had to outright corrupt Fluttershy after his escape, and he's weakened by a lack of chaos, as shown in "Discordant Harmony" when Fluttershy has to act chaotic in order to prevent him from fading into nothing.

Imprisonment spells general take a firm hold for 1,000 years. Any time over that can be attributed to how long it would actually take to escape. Nightmare Moon wasn't weakened and had a tie to the stars so was able to escape as soon as the spell had worn off. While King Sombra being turned to shadow was a bit of a double edged sword for the royal sisters, he still had to actually break out of the ice. Discord however, was unable to spread chaos, so by the time his spell had worn off, he was severely weakened. It only took the nudge of three fighting foals for him to escape, and from there he could recover exponentially. The reason he doesn't fade away during his imprisonment is because it's possible being turned to stone has a preservation property to it, but more than likely that he wasn't able or trying to go against his own nature like he attempted later on.

You're getting off topic.

Honestly, I hope Tirek could come back, and Chrysalis needs to work for her redemption. That Darla dimple wannabe being a foal is no excuse for bad behavior

I can't help but wonder whether G-5 will explore this?  I guess it depends on whether G-5 will be set in G-4's far future or not---there's pros and cons to that; the pros involve picking up story threads that G-4 had (e.g. what might happen if Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow got free) and exploring G-4's rich, untapped world even more than G-4 did.  The cons involve retreading some of the themes that G-4 already had.  For instance, G-4 was all about friendship; what if Hasbro wants to explore different themes in G-5---for instance, exploring family?  If G-5 is in G-4's world, then friendship is already the ultimate power, so friendship will need to be front and center as a theme in G-5.  By contrast, if G-5 is a separate world, then Hasbro has more freedom put other themes front and center.

That being said, even if G-5 is set in the same universe, then there's no way they won't get free.  Heck, them getting free would probably be the G-5 pilot!  But I find it hard to believe they'd reform, even if they did get free.  I mean, Cozy Glow is too sociopathic---she'd have to want to remove sociopathy from her own personality after centuries of watching normal ponies and wishing to share in the real joy they have.  Tirek thinks friendship is a weakness and would just start eating magic as soon as he broke out---unless he'd learned from Twilight overpowering him as a near deus ex machina.  Chrysalis would want revenge, if anyone was alive to take revenge on.

(edited)

IMHO given enough time they'll likely be reformed in the end. They already showed us the Mean 3 had the capacity for change but willingly choose not to. I feel their reformation has to be done by a new generation as there's too much bad history with the Mane 6.

I'm still somewhat frustrated we never saw Chrysalis' transformation if she had let go of her hatred for Starlight. 

Edited by JH24

I think that one of the whole points of the finale was kinda the fact that this would be the last time that the Mane 6 would have to defeat them specifically. That whole arc, in my mind, seems through. If there's any more conflict in Equestria, it won't be by them. 

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

All you need is arguing to wake them up?

Aren't they on even more public display (like the center of the main square?). I am sure they will wake up. I wonder if Princess Twilight after becoming a Tall Princess has become as useless as Princess Celestia? Equestria is simply doomed.

14 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

All you need is arguing to wake them up?

Aren't they on even more public display (like the center of the main square?). I am sure they will wake up. I wonder if Princess Twilight after becoming a Tall Princess has become as useless as Princess Celestia? Equestria is simply doomed.

In case of Discord it was because Celestia was no longer connected to the Elements. The Mean 3 were put to stone with a combined spell. They probably won't be able to get out until someone breaks the spell.for them.

(edited)
2 hours ago, JH24 said:

In case of Discord it was because Celestia was no longer connected to the Elements. The Mean 3 were put to stone with a combined spell. They probably won't be able to get out until someone breaks the spell.for them.

Watch as it turns out that Discord adding his chaos magic into there ends up actually goofing up the spell and could possibly make it break at any time without warning.
That would be pretty hilarious.

Edited by nightshroud96
  • Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

Nah, they'll become the next main characters after Equestria goes down the gutter Path of Exile style 3Y6uKBJ.png

Nah, it would require a kingdom ruled by a crazy group of people obsessed by magical gem stones that can fix all their problems...wait

I don't think they will, otherwise that would kind of defeat the purpose of that meaningful final battle. I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but I'd be pretty mixed on it.