Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tirek VS Pony Of Shadows, Who Would Win?

Darkness Void

Tirek VS Pony Of Shadows  

13 users have voted

1. 1. Who Would Win?

• Tirek
    • Pony Of Shadows
    • Other

As the title asked, who would win if those two ever met? Post your vote and reasoning here! If you think another villain could beat Mr.Shadows, then select Other and post who you think it could be.

As for me, I'd say Tirek as he could easily drain all magic from Mr.Shadows. Altho he would need to be in his 3rd and final form, but if anybody could come close to beating this guy it'd be Tirek. He's likely the smartest villain and, after the events of S9, is still stated as the most dangerous FIM villain.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Darkness Void said:

As the title asked, who would win if those two ever met? Post your vote and reasoning here! If you think another villain could beat Mr.Shadows, then select Other and post who you think it could be.

As for me, I'd say Tirek as he could easily drain all magic from Mr.Shadows. Altho he would need to be in his 3rd and final form, but if anybody could come close to beating this guy it'd be Tirek. He's likely the smartest villain and, after the events of S9, is still stated as the most dangerous FIM villain.

I would say that the Pony of Shadows would win. Tirek is powerful but as you said yourself, he would need to be pretty powerful himself to drain magic from someone as powerful as the Pony of shadows. There's a reason why Tirek didn;t go for the princesses straight away, he wanted to be sure that he could drain their power. 

Ergo, when fighting in their base forms, The Pony of Shadows would win without a contest. However if Tirek was in a more powerful form, it would be a more equal battle. It would come down to whether Tirek is able to steal the Pony of Shadow's magic before the POS gets the upper hand. So you can;t really tell who would win.

IMO the most dangerous villain in mlp was starlight, but since she's good now, I would say that Sombra is the most dangerous villain. But he's a bit too cocky and that does lead to his downfall, while Tirek is arguably a lot more crafty and sly. 

Edited by Princess of Luck 🍀⚡🔥
  • Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Darkness Void said:

He's likely the smartest villain and, after the events of S9, is still stated as the most dangerous FIM villain.

By the end of Season 9, he was the strongest villain.
I think the Pony of Shadows was not really that dangerous. He hadn't done much either, and was easily reformed.

So who would win? It depends! If Stygian can turn into the Pony of Shadows by choice, to fight Tirek on the behalf of the Mane Six/Student Six/Princess Flurry Heart, then he would win. Because the good guys always win.

• Brohoof 1

Tirek could probably steal the Pony of Shadow’s magic so he would win unless the Pony of Shadows is able to plan a way to steal Tirek’s magic or just imprison him before he can do anything.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

By the end of Season 9, he was the strongest villain.
I think the Pony of Shadows was not really that dangerous. He hadn't done much either, and was easily reformed.

So who would win? It depends! If Stygian can turn into the Pony of Shadows by choice, to fight Tirek on the behalf of the Mane Six/Student Six/Princess Flurry Heart, then he would win. Because the good guys always win.

I thought the Pony Of Shadows was its own entity. But if it could be tamed...

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Darkness Void said:

I thought the Pony Of Shadows was its own entity. But if it could be tamed...

I really didn't like that episode. The entire finale of Season 7 was very odd. If he was its own entity, maybe he would be more dangerous on its own, thus more dangerous/evil?

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

Yeah I assumed that you meant the Pony of Shadows as its own identity

Hmm.... Pony of Shadows is more or less Venom from Spider-Man, and isn't the alien-black-goo nothing without its host? I don't think Pony of Shadow exists without the host Stygian.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Splashee said:

Hmm.... Pony of Shadows is more or less Venom from Spider-Man, and isn't the alien-black-goo nothing without its host? I don't think Pony of Shadow exists without the host Stygian.

I'll be its new host then :yay:

5 minutes ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

I'll be its new host then :yay:

Sounds Josh Harber-ish enough to me.

In that case, Tirek would win. Pony of Shadow without any personality has no value in a show like FIM.

I don't think the Pony of Shadows is something that have its magic drained. Perhaps Tirek could do this at the height of his power, if it had a host like Stygian, however he'd be corrupted and lose himself to the darkness. It's less a physical entity and more a force of nature, like discord's chaos. The difference is that Chaos manifests itself in the form of a Draqonequus, so Discord's powers can be stolen or nullified. The Pony of Shadows takes on a host, so it can be rendered from that, but to actually be defeated, it has to be outright banished because it can't be tired out like those bound to a physical form. Ultimately, trying to drain the Pony of Shadows would be like trying to possess a ghost, and that's just not how things work.

(edited)

If you think about it the Pony Of Shadows was such a dangerous force that it is now all but forgotten. There's a character from the comics that

Spoiler

made it his mission to destroy every trace of it so it could never come back

and from the show, Stygian found it by discovering an old mural. Sadly we never got to see much of that room but it's likely ponies from the past were able to contained Mr.Shadows here inside that room up to Stygian finding it. Who knows, maybe it sensed his broken heart and called him? Maybe it's a tie to how Sombra how his power?

So much lore that I hope the comics took and ran with. With that being said somebody sealed Mr.Shadows without limbo. The question is how?

Edited by Darkness Void

(edited)
4 hours ago, Darkness Void said:

If you think about it the Pony Of Shadows was such a dangerous force that it is now all but forgotten. There's a character from the comics that

Hide contents

made it his mission to destroy every trace of it so it could never come back

and from the show, Stygian found it but discovering an old mural. Sadly we never got to see much of that room but it's likely ponies from the past were able to contained Mr.Shadows here inside that room up to Stygian finding it. Who knows, maybe it sensed his broken heart and called him? Maybe it's a tie to how Sombra how his power?

So much lore that I hope the comics took and ran with. With that being said somebody sealed Mr.Shadows without limbo. The question is how?

Remember how theres that story in Castle Mania of there was supposedly a "pony of shadows" wandering the Castle Of The Two Sisters made from remains of Nightmare Moon's dark magic that didn't get completely went with her?
Part of me wished the story was true, would have been interesting on seeing what Nightmare Moon/Luna's darkness is capable of and such.  Maybe even something for Luna to deal with.

Edited by nightshroud96

The Pony of Shadows. Even the Pillars couldn't defeat him, and even with the combined force of Twilight and her friends, they ended up just using the Elements against him. He's definitely stronger than Tirek with no special buffs. 

@nightshroud96

If only. I know the comics revealed how Nightmare Moon came to be, but the show never really went into it. And, since every villain is related 1000 exactly unless memory is wrong, there might be a bigger connection.

The Pony Of Shadows' only weakness is he needs a host. Imagine if he won by taking Tirek as a host. That's a possibility.

57 minutes ago, Darkness Void said:

@nightshroud96

If only. I know the comics revealed how Nightmare Moon came to be, but the show never really went into it. And, since every villain is related 1000 exactly unless memory is wrong, there might be a bigger connection.

Wished they also touch more on Luna's dark powers of her darker split personality, Nightmare Moon. 
(The writers basically confirmed NMM is more of a split personality than a "symbiote" the Nightmare Forces were)
Doing much more with Nightmare Moon there, just felt like that..

Yeah, the whole 1000 years bit is pretty strange. 

On 6/2/2020 at 3:43 PM, nightshroud96 said:

Wished they also touch more on Luna's dark powers of her darker split personality, Nightmare Moon. 
(The writers basically confirmed NMM is more of a split personality than a "symbiote" the Nightmare Forces were)
Doing much more with Nightmare Moon there, just felt like that..

Yeah, the whole 1000 years bit is pretty strange. 

That is a problem that the show, for as great as it was, kept struggling with. Extending the lore. Around season 4 they kept better track of key points but they rarely ever used what they wrote into the lore. We have some books and a comic here and there touch upon this stuff but none of that seems to be actual canon.

Spoiler

For another example. The Journal Of The Two Sisters. Celestia wrote that they found the Tree Of Harmony and Starswirl told them what they had found, and that building their castle there was a good idea indeed. The show however revealed that Starswirl plus the Pillars planted the Tree's seed and had already the Castle Of The Two Sisters a great while BEFORE planting said seed.

So that book is scrapped as canon. I suppose the writers of the show didn't keep tabs on the books nor comics either by contract or too busy to really look into them. The Pony Of Shadows is a prime example of lore that had touches throughout the show leading up to season 7, that never went anywhere.

I want to say that if they had more seasons than 'maybe'. But probably not. Who knows maybe the real Grogar would had popped up, unleashed the Pony Of Shadows, Mane6 had to release Cozy, Tirek and Chrysalis and formed a massively risky alliance just to stand a chance.

But that's a whole different topic. My point is, the writers gave us a lot of lore building materials that they never went back to. I guess if they had planned a few seasons in advance. Again I bring up they had released an actual season 10 poster but removed it after season 9 became the final, so they clearly had more planed.

3 minutes ago, Darkness Void said:

That is a problem that the show, for as great as it was, kept struggling with. Extending the lore. Around season 4 they kept better track of key points but they rarely ever used what they wrote into the lore. We have some books and a comic here and there touch upon this stuff but none of that seems to be actual canon.

Hide contents

For another example. The Journal Of The Two Sisters. Celestia wrote that they found the Tree Of Harmony and Starswirl told them what they had found, and that building their castle there was a good idea indeed. The show however revealed that Starswirl plus the Pillars planted the Tree's seed and had already the Castle Of The Two Sisters a great while BEFORE planting said seed.

So that book is scrapped as canon. I suppose the writers of the show didn't keep tabs on the books nor comics either by contract or too busy to really look into them. The Pony Of Shadows is a prime example of lore that had touches throughout the show leading up to season 7, that never went anywhere.

I want to say that if they had more seasons than 'maybe'. But probably not. Who knows maybe the real Grogar would had popped up, unleashed the Pony Of Shadows, Mane6 had to release Cozy, Tirek and Chrysalis and formed a massively risky alliance just to stand a chance.

But that's a whole different topic. My point is, the writers gave us a lot of lore building materials that they never went back to. I guess if they had planned a few seasons in advance. Again I bring up they had released an actual season 10 poster but removed it after season 9 became the final, so they clearly had more planed.

I didn't know that the castle was actually built long before the Pillars planted the tree.
Felt like it make more sense for the sisters to built the castle after the tree was planted.

Kind of wonder what would Grogar had done about Nightmare Moon and such if he returned for real?

2 hours ago, nightshroud96 said:

I didn't know that the castle was actually built long before the Pillars planted the tree.
Felt like it make more sense for the sisters to built the castle after the tree was planted.

Kind of wonder what would Grogar had done about Nightmare Moon and such if he returned for real?

It's the same castle. Look at Season 5, Ep 13 and the final, and then compare to the castle the Pillars were in during the flashback in Shadow Play. It's the exact same castle. Even if it wasn't, the Tree was a shock to Starswirl and the Pillars.

You know, when thinking of how quickly the Pillars fell, Tirek only fights for the heck of it. But with a foe whose powerful enough, he may had to weaken them first before  stealing their magic.