Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports Sympathy for Sports Teams

ZiggWheelsManning

:sunny:Given there are few teams we care about so much, how’s about we talk kindly about them:kirin: with gentle regard when things fall flat.  I’ll start with one such team. 

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the only team that strikes me as menacing:sealed:  Given their name Steelers, which makes me think of the Terminator.  They keep falling short to the New England Patriots in the playoffs.  Not only that, but they haven’t added more Lombardi Trophies to their collection after winning Super Bowl XLIII against Kurt Warner’s Arizona Cardinals.  If I could pity them, Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell (google them) weren’t the right people to play for the Steelers.  We all know their two Super Bowl loses to Troy Aikman’s Dallas Cowboys and Aaron Rodgers’ Green Bay Packers.  If success to acquire 7 or more Super Bowl championships is ever going to come for them, it’s not :worry:going to happen with Ben Roethlisberger or Mike Tomlin. 

I feel bad for my Dallas Cowboys, but no sympathy for Jerry Jones. The team hasn't won a superbowl in 25 years. He is cancer.

They have a decent team and I think if had the "catch" against the Packers a few years ago, I think we could've gone to the SuperBowl. Maybe not win it but at least got back to it.

Kinda feel sorry for any team that just...well, struggles in general. I love the Baltimore Orioles and Pittsburgh Pirates, and considering how successful they used to be it always hurts to see them languishing in the back.

On 8/28/2020 at 1:09 AM, cuteycindyhoney said:

Players are rich. Why should I feel sorry for them?

My thoughts exactly. I remember at times seeing fights break out between teams because of frustration or whatever. Why in the hell would any of them be frustrated to the point of a petty brawl? Regardless of the game's outcome, they still have more money than most of us could ever dream of. They will still be able to go out to a nice restaurant anytime they want, still have financial stability for the rest of their life and be able to retire at like age 33. I feel zero sympathy for these overpaid "sports stars". All they do is throw a ball around while commercials play every 2 minutes and that apparently is worthy of immense wealth and admiration. Nah, no thanks. I remember watching one of the recent Super Bowl's, I think it might have been 2018 and it was one of the most boring things I have ever watched. Both teams played horribly and my thought afterwards was "So I wasted 3 hours of my life watching two teams play like trash while they will still have their riches regardless of their performance. Yay for me." Not making the same mistake of watching the super bowl ever again. 

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...
(edited)

Hey San Francisco 49ers, how does it feel to be the :mlp_icwudt:laughing stock losing that Super Bowl in Miami last year, when now you’ve finished dead last:secret: in your division because of several hiccups?  The G.O.A.T. showing you how it’s done:sneer: against the Chiefs.  You’re now losing faith:orly: in your quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo that your best decision...

:wacko:Whoops, went off the rails on that one...

Crying time ponies.  Life is horrible:( for the Jacksonville Jaguars.  They have one poopy cage finishing on their worst record of 1-15.  Three years ago they lost to the Patriots in the AFC Championship game:awed:  Let’s hope their new head coach and the number 1 overall pick in the Draft (waiting for quarterback Trevor Lawrence) get them:worry: back to jungle packed glory.  At least their mascot is cool.   

Edited by ZiggWheelsManning

On 2020-08-27 at 10:59 PM, ssj4gogita4 said:

I feel bad for my Dallas Cowboys, but no sympathy for Jerry Jones. The team hasn't won a superbowl in 25 years. He is cancer.

They have become the world's most valuable sports team if I recall correctly. 

Otherwise it's a bunch of millionaires playing catch, I don't feel too bad for them, unless something like "we will give you a bonus to put someone on the injured list for the rest of the year" happens to them.

I guess wentz is one I do feel somewhat bad for, gets them just about to the superbowl and then gets injured and then was basically benched and now wants to go elsewhere, but that's mostly because he is a "home town" player, which hasn't happened in a long time.

If Carson Wentz goes to the Indianapolis Colts, that's a gamble that will not only end in disaster (him and other players getting hurt or missing the playoffs), but will also cost general manager Chris Ballard and head coach Frank Reich their jobs:sunny:  Very sore to be that team:BornAgainBrony:

8 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

If Carson Wentz goes to the Indianapolis Colts, that's a gamble that will not only end in disaster (him and other players getting hurt or missing the playoffs), but will also cost general manager Chris Ballard and head coach Frank Reich their jobs:sunny:  Very sore to be that team:BornAgainBrony:

Well you never know...you'd have 500k new Colts fans though(says alot for my state I guess, everyone was an eagles fan until they benched him). I guess I only follow Wentz anymore and kinda ignore the rest of the NFL for reasons that can't be said here, and some that can, like how it seems to be a penalty after penalty after penalty anymore.

Edited by TheGleaner