Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Æther Project

Illiad Easle

@Blitz Boom @Illiad Easle @Kujamih

Maud would look to Last and narrow her eyes slightly in thought, "I heard that was a close call for the away team that went away. The current Consul was among you, and she saved Aurum Nexus. Light's death ended up being a mystery for years. I highly doubt he came back from the dead in this dimension, for seemingly no reason. There would be no possible reason for him to find himself here. There is nothing here that any of us recognize, why would he show himself him now?" Maud asked with a highly skeptical look across her face - showing that indeed, she refused to believe that someone like Light could apparently still be alive after it was well known that he died years ago. It was a done deal in her eyes. Light was dead. This was not something she was just going to idly believe in. Maud hoped that Amber was able to disprove the notion of this being Light himself. She did not like what implications him being alive may hold - that there could be something more dangerous out there that can pull someone of space and time.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Props Valroa @Kujamih

(Maud and Last)

"Like I said, we didn't see him die. Just that he vanished, and the logical conclusion seemed to be that he had died from whatever happened in there. Logic would also say that yeah, this shouldn't be him. That many years, and nothing changed, right in what I'm guessing is some sorta other reality? Something's off yes.

But even knowing him for just a bit back then, it wasn't hard to tell that this one ain't normal. Normal ponies can't just burst strange onyx shards out of their skin, or embed things with anti-magic. I might not know a lot about magic, but I sure know that doing what he did to my sword, isn't something that you should just be able to do like that.

We'll get our answers in time, but frankly, I doubt Light was even a real pony. So I couldn't say what to expect out of him to begin with."

Last kept on working, though she did look at Maud when she were pondering, and giving her perspective to things. Fair ones too at that, since there were a lot here, that they had to evaluate, and juggle around. Like if this were not Light, then who or what was it, and why were they using his face? if it was an attacker, why hadn't they tried something yet? Were it a scout of some sort perhaps? Something that were desperate to get away?

And if it were Light, that added even more questions. like how he were unchanged after all these years, how he had gotten here, if his loyalties had changed, what he were, and so forth. Amber were probably gonna have her talons full with this mess for a while.

"Anyway, it's out of our hooves regardless. Light or not, Amber is gonna be handling this now, and then later if he passes the tests, it's gonna be passed on to the consul to decide what to do with him. I get the feeling our trip here might be cut short though. It's feeling like an omen of sorts."

Omen... Hmph. Reminded her of another she had seen calling herself that actually. A weird pony, with pale eyes, speaking telepathically in a neutral tone, but looking like a spotted earth pony. Ran into that one after the Shrine Maidens had been dismissed, and she had been looking for civilization. Had been asking weird questions about whatever she had seen Discord. That he was her master, and that she wanted to find him. When Last hadn't known, she had stepped into the dark brush, and when Last tried following her, she had vanished. Her trace just vanishing in the middle of nothing.

She kinda wondered if that weirdo ever found Discord. Considering how he had turned out to be in the end, Last got the feeling that that mare wouldn't have been as eager, if she had seen how he had ended his infamous legacy.

Meh, didn't matter. Found him or not, she had probably died, along with most of the rest of the equines, that had not been picked up by The Æther. Hopefully stuff had toned down and calmed since then. if not... She wasn't sure what to do then. The Æther wasn't gonna last forever. Even she could tell that it weren't as sturdy as when they had started, and she could barely figure out a toaster.

• Brohoof 2

@Props Valroa @Blitz Boom @Kujamih

(Light)

On 2023-07-10 at 11:27 PM, Kujamih said:

"...... Ha! Thats a trick question! theres more then 2 creatures who joined me on that mission!...theres Last.... And..... And.... The robot chick.... And.......aaàaaaaand the meek one?... Im not good with names... And i think im missing someone hmmm?"

Amber simply noted down his answer before continuing, "Could you clarify? Maybe say what race or species they were?"

Regardless of his answer to her follow up her next question would be, "Soon after you boarded the Project, you were sent for a psych evaluation, what for?"

(Brittle)

On 2023-07-11 at 3:16 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Though uhm, do you know more or less how long we're supposed to be here? Just so I know how long I have to ration for."

Jasper looked over at the stack of supplies, "Looks like we've got about ten days of supplies, so I'd guess the mission parameters are no more than one week down here. They try to give us a few days extra on these missions, but don't go telling anyone or they'll try to get extra."

(Last, Maud, and Brittle)

While Amber continued her investigation, Last and Maud were rotated out of guard duty to be among the first to eat, being directed over to the tent where Brittle was working with the dogs. As it was the first day down the guards that approached Brittle for their portions weren't confrontational. While some of the bigger ones did ask for a little more, they didn't press the issue when denied, but Jasper and Topaz still noted down who had asked.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom @Props Valroa

16 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Amber simply noted down his answer before continuing, "Could you clarify? Maybe say what race or species they were?"

"A unicorn, earth pony, and a deer? The other one was really.... forgettable."

16 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Regardless of his answer to her follow up her next question would be, "Soon after you boarded the Project, you were sent for a psych evaluation, what for?"

"........ Whats the psych evaluation again? Oh is it the time where i vomited? Or was it that time where a crimson changeling attacked me? How is she by the way?" He asked.

" How are the changeling colony? Is the queen okay? Or was she replaced?"

" So how'd i do? Do i get to get some water and food now?" He asked once more.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Illiad Easle @Kujamih

(Away Team)

Maud would look to Last, and largely agree with her statement about Light. "Light from what I remember was no ordinary pony. It was very possible he wasn't even a pony at all. I never knew enough or experienced him enough to know for sure what he was, or what he isn't - I do remember one thing though, he was a load of trouble to be around. I heard stories from others years ago who got into the situations that he caused. Was a mess." Maud spoke. There was silence for a few moments and it seemed like Maud was going to speak further but there was something...off about her stare which seemed to look past Last.

Last did not have to wait a moment further to see what Maud had been looking at. Above the nearby mountain they were nearby to, there had been the sudden appearance of a large winged craft. The design of it was nothing like the ponies had seen before. It was made out of some kind of dark green material. It was descending upon their position quite rapidly. Within less than a minute, the craft would be descending down upon them. 

Who was within or what their intentions were was unknown. Maud looked to Last.

"Be on your guard. Someone else is here." she said in an ominous tone, dropping the previous conversation about light. There was something far more important now.

(Brittle)

On 2023-07-18 at 8:59 PM, Illiad Easle said:

Jasper looked over at the stack of supplies, "Looks like we've got about ten days of supplies, so I'd guess the mission parameters are no more than one week down here. They try to give us a few days extra on these missions, but don't go telling anyone or they'll try to get extra."

"Understood sir. I'll try and portion it out for ten days then. Better to have a surplus, than to run out."

Reminded her of the stories she had been told, of the hive in Las Pegasus. Cheshire or something like that. Had made sure to always have emotion gel at hoof, to help those in need, among their kin. It were probably too much to hope they were still around, but she would admit that she had kind of dreamt now and again to find them. They sounded like such nice, kind changelings, in the few stories she had heard here and there. A hive after her heart.

Though it were unlikely they had made it. A tiny hive by the sounds of things, so it had likely not lasted long. Not when the bigger hives had suffered heavy losses, and some of the far stronger ones had seemingly been decimated. Might be she had never been part of a hive herself, but she did feel sad for those who had been part of those squashed hives. It sounded horrendous to go through, what they had to.

As for the food, she'd do what she were told, and ration out the gel for the amount of days mentioned. She weren't feeling too hungry right now, and had some herself, so she would skip for today, and just add her portion to the stockpile. Might be it would end up becoming something important to have at hoof later.

She were tempted to just add it to the portion of her fellow changelings, but then they'd expect bigger portions next time. It were probably best to keep things consistent.

On 2023-07-18 at 8:59 PM, Illiad Easle said:

While Amber continued her investigation, Last and Maud were rotated out of guard duty to be among the first to eat, being directed over to the tent where Brittle was working with the dogs. As it was the first day down the guards that approached Brittle for their portions weren't confrontational. While some of the bigger ones did ask for a little more, they didn't press the issue when denied, but Jasper and Topaz still noted down who had asked.

Whilst nervous, Brittle would politely say that she had been told to keep the portions the same for everyone. It didn't seem like they would push things now, but if the bigger, stronger ones would get confrontational later on in the trip, someone else would have to take over for her. She couldn't handle that sort of thing well, and would likely cave. Something which could end up hurting all of them in the long run.

She did wish she could give them a bit more though. Going hungry were not good, and whilst this would sate them, it probably didn't fill their bellies. Especially not the larger ones, who realistically, would need more food to feel properly sated.

As for Last, she were not joining them currently. She had her own things to handle on the outside. She'd think of food later, and probably get annoyed about being hungry, but she'd live.

============================================================

(Maud and Last)

On 2023-07-19 at 10:33 PM, Maud Pie said:

Maud would look to Last, and largely agree with her statement about Light. "Light from what I remember was no ordinary pony. It was very possible he wasn't even a pony at all. I never knew enough or experienced him enough to know for sure what he was, or what he isn't - I do remember one thing though, he was a load of trouble to be around. I heard stories from others years ago who got into the situations that he caused. Was a mess." Maud spoke. There was silence for a few moments and it seemed like Maud was going to speak further but there was something...off about her stare which seemed to look past Last.

"Yeah, he was a right pain in the..."

She trailed off, as she saw the look in Maud's eyes. Something was up. Potentially something dangerous. So Last would keep her senses up, and ready herself for a sudden attack of some kind. Might be that wouldn't happen, but it were better to be prepared for it, than risking something from another intruder.

On 2023-07-19 at 10:33 PM, Maud Pie said:

Last did not have to wait a moment further to see what Maud had been looking at. Above the nearby mountain they were nearby to, there had been the sudden appearance of a large winged craft. The design of it was nothing like the ponies had seen before. It was made out of some kind of dark green material. It was descending upon their position quite rapidly. Within less than a minute, the craft would be descending down upon them. 

Who was within or what their intentions were was unknown. Maud looked to Last.

"Be on your guard. Someone else is here." she said in an ominous tone, dropping the previous conversation about light. There was something far more important now.

"Ah bugger. I knew I should've kept my yap shut."

She wouldn't grab her sword yet, since they couldn't say for sure if this were a hostile force, but seriously, what were the odds that it wasn't? And considering this sorta tech they had going, they were likely going to become issues. Or she could be wrong, and it were a bunch of robots showing up with hay burgers and fries.

Her bet were on scientists wanting to dissect them though. It were never hay burgers, annoyingly enough.

"Not enough time to sound the alarm. We might have to handle this ourselves for now.

Weapons down, see what'll happen before we try something. They might not be here to kill us all."

That said... Actually she could warn the lot of 'em that something were happening. They were handling the security perimeter right now. All she had to do were triggering it, and that should send out a warning to the powers that be, and get folks to move their rears.

So she'd do that, and trigger it. If nothing else, it might alert Amber about this, and if this were a sort of meeting, she'd have to be the one in front. That was her job. As were it to lead them in battle, if that were the sort of meeting they were about to have.

(Light)

On 2023-07-19 at 5:49 AM, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

"........ Whats the psych evaluation again? Oh is it the time where i vomited? Or was it that time where a crimson changeling attacked me? How is she by the way?" He asked.

" How are the changeling colony? Is the queen okay? Or was she replaced?"

" So how'd i do? Do i get to get some water and food now?" He asked once more.

Amber continued to note down what Light said, her expression betraying nothing. "You'll be fed once all the guards have had their turn. We've got to take care of our own first after all."

On 2023-07-22 at 4:49 PM, Blitz Boom said:

So she'd do that, and trigger it. If nothing else, it might alert Amber about this, and if this were a sort of meeting, she'd have to be the one in front. That was her job. As were it to lead them in battle, if that were the sort of meeting they were about to have.

An audible alarm would sound throughout the camp, and Amber pressed a paw to her ear before turning to see the craft approaching. "We'll continue this later. Take some time to think about your past, see what else you can remember, since I'll have more questions when I get back."

With that she would bound over to where Maud and Last were standing.

(Brittle, Last and Maud)

When Last hit the alarm button on the perimeter post, it sounded an audible alarm, followed by a message in their headsets indicating that it was a manual alarm from the perimeter post where Last and Maud were standing, causing all the guards to look their way, and seeing that the two of them were looking up at the craft, the rest of the guards would look up to see it as well.

Amber signaled for a few pegasus and griffon guards to get up to try and intercept the craft, everyone with their weapons at the ready while she signaled another to head for the comms equipment to alert the Project, since the manual alarm would also signal the Project and the Project would declare the away team lost if they weren't notified in a timely manner.

(Last and Maud)

Amber would arrive shortly after Last triggered the alarm, "That's why you hit the alarm right? It's not coincidental to some other issue right?"

That confirmed she would give other orders, having all the guards prepare to deal with whatever was approaching as well as ordering the less combat capable creatures to get or remain inside the camp structures. Everyone watched to see how the craft would react to the interception attempt, and if it was not hostile the flying guards would direct it to land outside the perimeter of the camp.

3 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

(Light)

Amber continued to note down what Light said, her expression betraying nothing. "You'll be fed once all the guards have had their turn. We've got to take care of our own first after all."

An audible alarm would sound throughout the camp, and Amber pressed a paw to her ear before turning to see the craft approaching. "We'll continue this later. Take some time to think about your past, see what else you can remember, since I'll have more questions when I get back."

With that she would bound over to where Maud and Last were standing.

(Brittle, Last and Maud)

When Last hit the alarm button on the perimeter post, it sounded an audible alarm, followed by a message in their headsets indicating that it was a manual alarm from the perimeter post where Last and Maud were standing, causing all the guards to look their way, and seeing that the two of them were looking up at the craft, the rest of the guards would look up to see it as well.

Amber signaled for a few pegasus and griffon guards to get up to try and intercept the craft, everyone with their weapons at the ready while she signaled another to head for the comms equipment to alert the Project, since the manual alarm would also signal the Project and the Project would declare the away team lost if they weren't notified in a timely manner.

(Last and Maud)

Amber would arrive shortly after Last triggered the alarm, "That's why you hit the alarm right? It's not coincidental to some other issue right?"

That confirmed she would give other orders, having all the guards prepare to deal with whatever was approaching as well as ordering the less combat capable creatures to get or remain inside the camp structures. Everyone watched to see how the craft would react to the interception attempt, and if it was not hostile the flying guards would direct it to land outside the perimeter of the camp.

" you know i was part of your group too.... and i can probably Help too....if youd let me, that is... Then again I'm still considered... An unknown... Which to be frank... You guys never new me from the get go.... Hmmm you've been tight with your security now huh...."

If he was left alone, then Light would ponder and check the room he was in and see if anything valuable or important he needs to take note of.

@Blitz Boom @Illiad Easle @StrawberryMilk Simp

Maud would remain silent. Her eyes were transfixed on the approaching vehicle. Maud would not say anything, her focus was too busy focusing on the scene before them.

As the vehicle got closer there was an odd sort of buzzing in the air and it did not appear to react to their attempt to intercept it. It was dead set on landing fairly close by. There were no notable weapons seen on the vehicle. It was a perfect geometric triangle with no obvious windows or propulsion systems. As it began to lower towards the ground there was a visible green glow around the craft as it extended landing gear of some sort.

There was an eerie silence for a minute or so after the craft had landed. Then all of a sudden a door would begin to open on the "Front" of the craft. A sort of stairway would suddenly appear on the side of the craft silently. However the stairway appeared - it was sudden and unexpected. The doorway fully opened granting a vague look at the interior of the craft. Not much detail could be seen but the most important thing was that they could see movement approaching the doorway.

There were a pair of very tall locust-like creatures with heads similar to that of a Mantis. They both carried what looked like to be shotguns, but the shotguns were lowered. As the pair walked closer they could be seen more in detail. Dark black and dark green were the most common traits, with large folded translucent wings across their backs. They walked with an odd stagger. The pair were followed by four other ones, woh were taking up the rear behind them.

They would spot the guards and begin to walk towards them, and take no offensive action yet. They almost seemed to waddle, along with their staggering walk. They were mostly around three times the height of a normal pony, and far stronger physically. On their backs seemed to be various glowing orbs that seemed to strobe in random patterns of yellow and dark red. At least one of them had silver mandibles, what that meant, was unknown. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-07-25 at 1:08 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"That's why you hit the alarm right? It's not coincidental to some other issue right?"

"Nope. Figured this were worth your time."

Last seriously had no idea what to expect. A flying triangle, headed their way? What sorta messed up place had they gotten into? Whatever it were, she got one distinct feeling though: That this were not going to be a nice and pleasant visit. Because when were they ever gonna be that lucky?

On 2023-07-25 at 6:48 PM, Maud Pie said:

There were a pair of very tall locust-like creatures with heads similar to that of a Mantis. They both carried what looked like to be shotguns, but the shotguns were lowered. As the pair walked closer they could be seen more in detail. Dark black and dark green were the most common traits, with large folded translucent wings across their backs. They walked with an odd stagger. The pair were followed by four other ones, woh were taking up the rear behind them.

Last's muscles tenses, and her eyes narrowed as she saw what creatures emerged from the triangle. A low rung word, hissed through gnashed teeth escaping her.

"Manetids."

Where she had grown up, there had been plenty of dangerous creatures. Various monsters passing through, as well as the cursed forest, and whatever things it sent their way, whilst trying to harvest new bodies for itself. Yet nothing had been as dangerous, or as persistent, as the manetids. A race of mantis-like creatures, that from day 1, had assaulted the temple, under the leadership of their eternal queen. A towering behemoth of their kind, that at least when the Shrine maiden's had been dissolved, were still alive. Even if she had not been physically seen for at least three centuries.

Why she had been so wanting to send swarms after them? Who knew. The manetids obeyed, and didn't know her motives, but a few over the centuries had said enough to make it clear that it were at least in part, due to whatever they were protecting in the shrine's main chamber itself. Something whispering to her. Calling for her to come for it, and let nothing stand in her way.

Why she didn't come herself, were ever a mystery. She gave orders to her hivelings, and sent them, generation after generation, to try and claim her prize. Some speculated that it were because the early generations had done something, that made her unable to, or fearful of trying again. Back when they had magical, enchanted weaponry and armor. A supply that had dwindled over the years due to the magic fading, the items being destroyed in combat, or having been lost with the wearer, somewhere on the battlefield, or near the forest. If someone were dragged in there, there were no hope of retrieving them, or anything they possessed.

Personally, she assumed the queen didn't show, because she knew she would outlive them, and figured that she may as well send her offspring, and let the Shrine Maidens kill off the weak ones. The strong would return. The next generation would improve, and in time, not only would she get her prize, but her hive would be strong enough to look for their next target. Whatever that might be.

Either way, the Shrine Maidens kept up, and managed to keep the shrine safe for the thousand years they stood, even if it were at times close. And these creatures they were now facing... They were not the same, but they reminded her of them. These were a little taller, and darker. The ones she knew, were mostly light green and brown. The few colorful ones though, had always been a bad sign. They seemed more... Deranged somehow. Like a mad whisper guided them, and they rarely got taken down without casualties on their end.

These also looked less feral in nature, and their hands pairs were a little different. The manetids she knew, had two sets too, with one being used to hold weapons, and the other ending in large, razor-sharp scythes, that they were all too happy to clash with their blades.

A few other things stood out, but she couldn't help but compare these to those she knew. Even if those were in another world, potentially extinct - she hoped so at least - and didn't work with technology. Though she were rational about this. If she weren't, she'd currently be growling, weapon drawn, and getting ready to chop off some heads, rather than just look on with tense muscles, as her facial expression went back to being neutral. Though her eyes did look at them with suspicion. She did not trust these things.

On 2023-07-25 at 6:48 PM, Maud Pie said:

They would spot the guards and begin to walk towards them, and take no offensive action yet. They almost seemed to waddle, along with their staggering walk. They were mostly around three times the height of a normal pony, and far stronger physically. On their backs seemed to be various glowing orbs that seemed to strobe in random patterns of yellow and dark red. At least one of them had silver mandibles, what that meant, was unknown. 

She couldn't say what the point of the orbs were, but she were guessing some sort of magic, or technology that might as well be equivalent to magic. Big sorts too. She were used to bugs like this being twice her size. Not three times. Still, she could take them. They seemed to share enough physiology with the ones she knew, to give her some minor idea of their weak spots. Though she'd have to consider intellect a factor here too, if it came to that.

Still, they were not attacking, so she wouldn't do a thing. Not yet anyway. For now, this were Amber's problem. It would become theirs, if these things tried anything funny.

Meanwhile, when Brittle heard the alarm, she had a slight panic rush, and ended up randomly transforming her wings into large, whole wheat break slices. She'd correct that mistake once she realized what she had done, returning to *normal*, though she'd remain alert, and now worried. This couldn't be good.

There were also no way that she were going outside to check anything, until Amber cleared that it were safe for the support staff to join in. She might be going down here to try and be part of the outside a bit on her own hooves. Didn't mean she'd toss herself into danger out of nowhere.

• Brohoof 1

@StrawberryMilk Simp

On 2023-07-24 at 8:37 PM, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

If he was left alone, then Light would ponder and check the room he was in and see if anything valuable or important he needs to take note of.

Light was left with a pair of guards, but their attention was towards the incoming threat, giving him a bit more freedom than before. He wasn't in a room, just sitting near the edge of the camp, it seemed like they didn't really mind if he tried to run away.

@Blitz Boom @Props Valroa

Once it was clear that the craft wasn't responding to their attempts to redirect it, the flying guards returned to the camp. Once the craft had landed Amber spoke into her mic, "Shields up." And a moment later the entire camp was encased in a magical shield dome extending to the pillars that they had previously set up.

Assuming that didn't dissuade the creatures from approaching she'd continue, "I need a telepath here." A unicorn guard would approach, and Amber would nod, "Try to get a read on them." She'd speak into her mic again as the unicorn got closer to the shield before trying to reach out to the creatures telepathically, "I've got a potential hostile entity here... yeah that's the one. Get the guns ready, we might need a show of force."

The unicorn who was sent to communicate would try and send the message: "Cease your approach and state your business."

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom @StrawberryMilk Simp

The advancing locust creatures would stop their approach as soon as the shield dome rose up. The glowing orbs on their back would strobe various purples and yellow colors in a fluid-like fashion, as the unicorn successfully managed to reach out to the creatures minds. The unicorn had the mental impression that they were looking into a massive well, despite not seeing anything. The well's depth was something that almost seemed to evoke a primal sense of fear.

This well contained all kinds of buzzing and scant disjointed information. The first notable thing the unicorn would see in their mind as a form of response would be that of a view of the base camp itself, as seen from the point of view of the approaching craft as it came in a minute ago. There would be various feelings overlayed with the mental image of the area being seen from above. Confusion. Curiosity. Worry.

There would be a sudden sharp buzzing sound and then a pop as the buzzing sound ended. A distinct authoritative male voice came through, and the feelings ended. The male voice had a strange accent, and sounded very insect-like in how it's words were stated.

"We are the Trade-Walkers. We have not seen your kind before. Whom do you serve?" the voice asked sharply, getting right to the point. 

Only the unicorn could hear/feel what was being conveyed to them. 

Since she couldn't hear, feel, or even smell anything odd going on here, Last couldn't do much else, then just stand around, look tough, and wait for something to happen. No one had tried to cut off a head yet though, so so far, so relatively good? The unicorn would probably have to deal with this whole thing for a bit, before the rest of them could really start to know what to do about this.

...Shame she hadn't gotten lunch first, before all of this went on though. Hopefully no one had raided the food or something, while this whole thing were going on. She had doubts they would though. Seemed a dumb thing to focus on in a potential crisis. Especially since the they should be either protecting the support staff, or be out here, ready to fight.

They'd see if they actually needed to fight, but the way these creatures looked, she doubted they'd get through this without drawing blades. Though of course, she did have some personal bias in this case, clouding her imagination on how this might go.

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-07-31 at 11:51 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Light was left with a pair of guards, but their attention was towards the incoming threat, giving him a bit more freedom than before. He wasn't in a room, just sitting near the edge of the camp, it seemed like they didn't really mind if he tried to run away.

Since the guard's thoughts are somewhere else, Light would try to absorb this new form of anti magic and make it its own. Since he can manipulate and control the changeling shard, maybe he could too. If not hed try to remove it from himself without bothering the guards either by slowly breaking it by expanding the shards in his body or taking the keys from the guard if its easy. If he was able to remove it, absorb it, take it or not, hed try to head towards what's bothering the program . He's going to take a look at the problem with or without the cuffs, without trying to bother the guards.

• Brohoof 1

@StrawberryMilk Simp

17 hours ago, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

Light would try to absorb this new form of anti magic and make it its own.

The anti-magic in the cuffs was strange, it was like it didn't exist in a magical sense, in that any magic directed at it simply never came back, like it fell through a hole in the magical field. He couldn't absorb it with magic, as magic couldn't touch it. Maybe if he got a piece of it and ingested it?

Per his shards, he could extend them towards the cuffs, but they would become brittle when they came into contact with the anti-magic, so he couldn't break the cuffs with them. Trying to take the keys would be fruitless as the guards would notice that, plus these guards didn't have the keys to his cuffs. Besides, he could break the chain between his cuffs with strength alone if he wanted to.

The guards would turn if he tried to move too much, instructing him to settle down before they had to restrain him further.

@Blitz Boom @Props Valroa

On 2023-07-30 at 11:08 PM, Maud Pie said:

"We are the Trade-Walkers. We have not seen your kind before. Whom do you serve?" the voice asked sharply, getting right to the point. 

Only the unicorn could hear/feel what was being conveyed to them. 

The unicorn turned to Amber, "They call themselves Trade-walkers, which is probably a translation. They say they haven't seen our kind before and want to know who we serve?"

Amber nodded, "Tell them that we're travelers, trying to find our way home. We serve none other than our own, and we will not be here long before we move on."

The unicorn would relay that message telepathically on the same channel as the message he had received verbatim and await a response.

Seeing that Amber was a bit less worried, the surrounding guards started to relax a bit, but still held their guard up just in case.

• Brohoof 1

Maud would remain silent and observant of the situation. This was not a time for talking. Maud was ready for combat if needed - but the silence in the air from the side of the locust-like creatures was something noteworthy. Maud wouldn't do anything, for now other than observe.

Meanwhile, the creatures would respond with silence for a moment before the same voice would sound through the unicorn's head. "Your technology. Unfamiliar. Not from this world, nor are your kind. We make deals. Yes. That is our name. Your language is primitive - let us convey what we have to offer to you, and you do the same." the voice sounded.

In the unicorn's mind, various impressions were made about the technology the Trade-Walkers had on their persons. Their "Shotguns" were made of organic matter and out of a special organic resin, with a certain type of larvae contained within the barrel that produces what could only be understood as "Anti-Protons", for an Anti-Proton beam. The impression shifted, and the glowing orbs on their backs were connection sources to link their minds so they act entirely telepathically, without the need for primitive vocal communications.

Their ship, was the most interesting part. Was more advanced than what powered the Project, as the impression was that it had some sort of way to fly itself through Anti-Gravity powered through an electrical field generation system. 

True to their name, they offer a trade. 

"Your world's history and what happened. How you came here. Your kind. That is what we want in turn. To know." the voice spoke in a strange manner, but that was probably because of the translation - it was clear they wanted to know about the history of ponies and how they arrived here in this world. 

@Illiad Easle @Props Valroa @Blitz Boom 

4 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

The anti-magic in the cuffs was strange, it was like it didn't exist in a magical sense, in that any magic directed at it simply never came back, like it fell through a hole in the magical field. He couldn't absorb it with magic, as magic couldn't touch it. Maybe if he got a piece of it and ingested it?

Per his shards, he could extend them towards the cuffs, but they would become brittle when they came into contact with the anti-magic, so he couldn't break the cuffs with them. Trying to take the keys would be fruitless as the guards would notice that, plus these guards didn't have the keys to his cuffs. Besides, he could break the chain between his cuffs with strength alone if he wanted to.

The guards would turn if he tried to move too much, instructing him to settle down before they had to restrain him further.

The voices inside Light's head peaked his curiosity on eating the materials in these cuffs.

So he waited for the right time to forcefully break the cuffs and ate any material it came off with.

" I told you i was hungry!" His excuse for the guards, even though they haven't said anything.

The unicorn turned to Amber, "They call themselves Trade-walkers, which is probably a translation. They say they haven't seen our kind before and want to know who we serve?"

Amber nodded, "Tell them that we're travelers, trying to find our way home. We serve none other than our own, and we will not be here long before we move on."

"Sounds like travelling merchants."

She hadn't a clue what it is that they wanted, but the trade-walkers, sounded like those caravans of merchants that she had heard about, before the world went up the creek. Flocks going around with wares, looking to trade for more exotic stuff in other places. Which could mean that these were... Well, harmless didn't seem the right word. Nor friendly. Neutral and wanting in exotic wares, seemed more right. If they didn't do something dumb, they might be able to get out of this unscathed, and with something to bring back. If the consul allowed them to take it back at least. She usually didn't find her taking some rocks or something back an issue on the regular trips, but whatever these creatures had, it were probably not as simple of a thing to just waddle around with. Could be an infectious parasite in disguise, for all she knew. Brain larvae if they were really unlucky.

THe possibility of something going horribly wrong here, were also why she didn't relax, along with several of the other guards. Quite frankly, she had half a mind to reprimand them for that later, them not being in her command be damned. This were a bunch of otherworldly creatures, who could easily cut their heads off, if they were not careful, and they had arrived in some sort of highly advanced craft. It were unwise to relax in any sort of way, since they could potentially turn violent in an instance. And being lax, when that happened? It would get them killed, along with potentially others.

As it stood right now, she'd mostly just be doing what Maud did. Observe how things went, and wait for the *translator* to pass along what the large insectoid creatures would say. Alert and ready to do something if needed, but not showing any outward aggressive signals, like wielding her weapon, stand in a stance indicating she were ready to jump them, or even glaring harshly. Not more than she did to most creatures anyway, but that were more of an ingrained thing.

• Brohoof 1

@Props Valroa @Blitz Boom

The unicorn relayed the trade request to Amber, who nodded, "I'll have to clear that with the leadership. Tell them to give us some time to discuss it."

The unicorn would send the message: "We will need some time to discuss your generous offer with our superiors."

Amber would go back to the craft to call up the Consul again, "Consul Spell, we've made contact with a previously undiscovered type of creatures, who possess technology that we do not. They are willing to offer this technology to us in exchange for information on our history and how we got here. Should we give them that information?"

@StrawberryMilk Simp

The guards turned when he broke the cuffs, and moved to restrain him but weren't fast enough to stop him from eating parts of it, causing them to take a step back.

One of them asked, "Why would you do that? It's clearly metal, do you normally eat metal? Further, antimagic is toxic."

(The rough metal bits alone would be dangerous to swallow, but anti-magic is arguably worse to ingest.)

One guard restrained him while the other led the way deeper into the camp, "Let's get him to the medic."

Once inside the medical tent the gryphons helped secure him to a cot, this time using much stronger cuffs. Similar to when it was outside of him, the antimagic particals inside him were untouchable to his magic, and as they started to disperse inside him he could feel his connection to the magical field start to fade.

The gryphons explained what they had witnessed to the medic, who came over to Light, "Now why'd you go and do a thing like that? We're going to have to pump your stomach without magic, and hope we get all of it before it can enter your bloodstream."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom @StrawberryMilk Simp

There would be a delay in response for a second as the Trade-Walkers seemed to think to themselves for a few moments. Then the voice would enter the Unicorn's mind again. "This is acceptable. Yes. Good. We will wait for you." the voice spoke, and the Trade-Walkers would put their weapons onto some sort of waist-belt on their waists. Now they weren't even holding their weaponry, showing a sign of good faith.

Meanwhile, Spiral Spell would answer Amber's call. She'd think it over for a moment before saying, "I believe that we should give them that information, as that technology could give us a needed edge for survival in the future. What is it that they offer?" If Amber provided the information as to what the Trade-Walkers were offering, Spiral Spell would be in full support of such a trade.

• Brohoof 1

The unicorn relayed the trade request to Amber, who nodded, "I'll have to clear that with the leadership. Tell them to give us some time to discuss it."

The unicorn would send the message: "We will need some time to discuss your generous offer with our superiors."

Amber would go back to the craft to call up the Consul again, "Consul Spell, we've made contact with a previously undiscovered type of creatures, who possess technology that we do not. They are willing to offer this technology to us in exchange for information on our history and how we got here. Should we give them that information?"

@StrawberryMilk Simp

The guards turned when he broke the cuffs, and moved to restrain him but weren't fast enough to stop him from eating parts of it, causing them to take a step back.

One of them asked, "Why would you do that? It's clearly metal, do you normally eat metal? Further, antimagic is toxic."

(The rough metal bits alone would be dangerous to swallow, but anti-magic is arguably worse to ingest.)

One guard restrained him while the other led the way deeper into the camp, "Let's get him to the medic."

Once inside the medical tent the gryphons helped secure him to a cot, this time using much stronger cuffs. Similar to when it was outside of him, the antimagic particals inside him were untouchable to his magic, and as they started to disperse inside him he could feel his connection to the magical field start to fade.

The gryphons explained what they had witnessed to the medic, who came over to Light, "Now why'd you go and do a thing like that? We're going to have to pump your stomach without magic, and hope we get all of it before it can enter your bloodstream."

To begin with, White Light never did have magic to begin with per-say. He was originally an earthpony, experimented to be injected with anti magic crystals in his body, which is the changeling shards. He was supposed to be an anti magical swat team. But further experiments made him able to control the changeling shards and the magics it absorbed, due to him actually having multiple cutie marks implanted to him. Sure enough the materials he ate would slowly try to kill him since unknown effects can occur. He might absorb it... He might not... It might kill him... Which all in all not a bad deal since he is cursed by immortality as well.

The pain would serge since the magical connections help him survive and control his life span and the changeling shards. If he cannot, then the amount of magic he had absorbed could explode which in theory can destroy reality, hence the ability to destroy worlds. The amount of magic he had stored is unknown though. The worlds he have killed is unmeasurable and thus the amount of magic in him truly unknown.

He would try to control the new material he just ate pretty much depleting as much as he has to to stay alive and absorb the material. To which he dosnt care if it takes all his magic. What he wanted was a challenge in his dull life and something new.

He could not lift a hoof against the guards as he is too busy trying to survive the ordeal.

The doctor does not know that what Light ate is doing much worse to his body than expected since a lot of stuff is happening in Light's body that is hard to explain.

He would respond to the doctor.

" Its because i was hungry." He said, having a hard time.

" Food and water please..."

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe while we're waiting, you should ask them if there's local predators we should be wary off. They got weapons. Stand to reason they needed them for something."

Could be to capture others. Could be there were some sorta behemoths around, that they needed to be weary off. Either way, it seemed a wise choice to ask, and figure out that way, yes? Better than suddenly having a four tons bladed monster roaring through, and teaching them the hard way. Too much blood by doing that. Far too much.

Of course, one couldn't rule out these creatures would lie, but it would be something to work from at least, just in case there were merit to their words. So far things seemed fishy though. Why would they trade some of their stuff, just for stories? And why knowledge about where they had come from? Could be simple curiosity. Could be trying to eye out new prey. Last couldn't tell, but she doubted things would go smoothly here forever.

• Brohoof 2

On 2023-08-06 at 4:29 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"Maybe while we're waiting, you should ask them if there's local predators we should be wary off. They got weapons. Stand to reason they needed them for something."

The unicorn nodded and passed along the message, "Are there local dangers we should be aware of? This is primarily an exploratory expedition, and we don't want to put our people in danger if we can avoid it."

Amber would soon return and give the go ahead for the information exchange. The unicorn sending the message, "Our superiors have agreed to the exchange, what format would best suit you for the exchange?"

@StrawberryMilk Simp

On 2023-08-04 at 5:25 PM, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

To begin with, White Light never did have magic to begin with per-say. He was originally an earthpony

(Earth ponies have magic too. But maybe your earth ponies don't.)

On 2023-08-04 at 5:25 PM, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

" Food and water please..."

"We'll feed you once the anti-magic is out, don't struggle, it'll only make things worse."

The medic brought over a device for pumping stomachs, and started taking notes as it worked, assuming Light didn't resist, "Subject seems to have an extreme reaction to ingesting anti-magic. No other recorded case had such an adverse reaction, save for changelings, and those relying on enchantments to stay alive. As the subject has not burst into flames, the theory rests with the second, or that the subject is not a typical specimine."

Given the quickness of the procedure, the antimagic particles would be able to be retrieved from his stomach, and thus end the effects, unless his body had already moved the particles elsewhere.

If he appeared to have returned to normal, food would be brought to him.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

The unicorn nodded and passed along the message, "Are there local dangers we should be aware of? This is primarily an exploratory expedition, and we don't want to put our people in danger if we can avoid it."

Amber would soon return and give the go ahead for the information exchange. The unicorn sending the message, "Our superiors have agreed to the exchange, what format would best suit you for the exchange?"

@StrawberryMilk Simp

(Earth ponies have magic too. But maybe your earth ponies don't.)

"We'll feed you once the anti-magic is out, don't struggle, it'll only make things worse."

The medic brought over a device for pumping stomachs, and started taking notes as it worked, assuming Light didn't resist, "Subject seems to have an extreme reaction to ingesting anti-magic. No other recorded case had such an adverse reaction, save for changelings, and those relying on enchantments to stay alive. As the subject has not burst into flames, the theory rests with the second, or that the subject is not a typical specimine."

Given the quickness of the procedure, the antimagic particles would be able to be retrieved from his stomach, and thus end the effects, unless his body had already moved the particles elsewhere.

If he appeared to have returned to normal, food would be brought to him.

It seems that the materials were extracted from his body, but was not sure if he was able to properly absorb it so he can control or not be hindered by it.( So is Light able to control the material? Or to appoint not get affected by it no more? If so then the materials have merged with his body.) But the smell of food would distract him.

" Thank you so much Doc!" As he digs in without even trying to know what was served.

".... Say....have we met before?" He asked.

( Oh yes earth ponies do have " magic" but NOT "magic magic" if that made sense....)

@Illiad Easle

• Brohoof 1

There would be a pause, and a bit of a buzzing sound throughout the telepathic link. "In the forests." the voice sounded, and the mental image of a large beetle like creature came into the unicorn's mind. "They lurk. Highly dangerous. Stay away from the forests. You will be better off." the voice would add. Those tall and dark forests, who knows what else lurks there. It's best to avoid them all together. 

When Amber relayed her message, and the Trade-Walkers were told that their superiors had accepted - the voice would speak again. "Mentally. Works best. Written does well. Not as well." the voice replied. It seemed as these types of creatures were mainly based around their mental abilities rather than physicality. Everything about them spoke of magic focused beings who cared not for physical technology the way others may commonly think of it. Their weaponry being entirely based on organic material is one give away how they think and operate.