Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Which classic animated Disney movie do you think is the best?

Paleopony

Which classic animated Disney movie do you think is the best?  

9 users have voted

1. 1. Which classic animated Disney movie do you think is the best?

• Snow White
    • Pinocchio
    • Fantasia
    • Dumbo
    • Bambi
    • Saludos Amigos
    • The Three Caballeros
    • Make Mine Music
    • Fun and Fancy Free
    • Melody Time
    • The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
    • Cinderella
    • Alice in Wonderland
    • Peter Pan
    • Lady and the Tramp
    • Sleeping Beauty
    • 101 Dalmatians
    • The Sword in the Stone
    • The Jungle Book

Too impossible to choose!

There are many classics, but some of them, I have seen way too many times, like The Sword in the Stone, and others, I have seen way too little, like Sleeping Beauty. I don't want to favorite something because I had the VHS tape, or something like that.

• Brohoof 2

As much as I love Pinocchio and Sleeping Beauty, Snow White get the nod. Not only has it aged so well the last eighty-four years. This film broke ground by being the first full-length animated feature. Without its high-quality animation, storytelling, and rave reception, the animation industry as a whole would never have grown to what it is today.

• Brohoof 1

Bambi is the one I often think of as the greatest movie ever made, whether it’s my favorite or not (and it just so happens it is one of my faves). It’s life-changing in so many ways and the animation and music are from another world. David Hand was a great director who really cared passionately about the work and it shows. Even when he and Walt didn’t see eye to eye, there was respect there because both cared about what they were creating more than their own egos. Peter Pan and Cinderella are the next on the list. I love Captain Hook (Hans Conried is a brilliant and hilarious voice actor) and Tinkerbell is such a snotty little brat, but I love her too. Cinderella shaped my life into what it ultimately became, so she’ll always be special to me, and I just plain love the movie.  

Moments ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Bambi is the one I often think of as the greatest movie ever made, whether it’s my favorite or not (and it just so happens it is one of my faves). It’s life-changing in so many ways and the animation and music are from another world. David Hand was a great director who really cared passionately about the work and it shows. Even when he and Walt didn’t see eye to eye, there was respect there because both cared about what they were creating more than their own egos. Peter Pan and Cinderella are the next on the list. I love Captain Hook (Hans Conried is a brilliant and hilarious voice actor) and Tinkerbell is such a snotty little brat, but I love her too. Cinderella shaped my life into what it ultimately became, so she’ll always be special to me, and I just plain love the movie.  

So true, Dreamy. ^^

• Brohoof 2

After rewatching all of the movies I mentioned before I think Bambi is my favorite. Don't get me wrong, the others were good too but Bambi took what made the previous films so memorable and mixed it into one film. It is probably Disney's most serious and down to earth film as it lacks the fantasy elements of the other films. Also the artwork is stunning from the impressionistic backgrounds to the realistic movements of the animals.

• Brohoof 1