Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you do, fellow horses?

HeebieJeebies

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

I received a message in a bottle asking me to meet a cloaked figure in the nearby cemetery late one night. Shaken but intrigued, I complied. Upon navigating through the veritable sea of tombstones, memorials, and flowers left for fallen loved ones, I was greeted by a mysterious, androgynous person with a voice like the crunching of dead leaves. They told me to "see without your eyes, hear without your ears, feel without your soul" and handed me something small, cold, and plastic. They clamped their bony, squirming hands around mine and squeezed hard, hard enough that my fingers turned white and my joints cracked. Just as I was about to pull myself away, they disappeared without a trace. The muddy ground upon which they'd been standing bore no footprints. Upon looking into my own hands, which I had only now noticed were trembling, I realized what they had handed me. A small, muddy doll in the shape of a hyperneotonic horse stared back at me with large, glittery blue eyes. Across her side, someone had scrawled "mlpforums.com" in permanent marker. The ink was fresh, and it stained my hands with a bluish rogue that made them look even more bruised then they were. I felt a sense of great purpose swelling inside my chest, and I pulled out my phone an instant later, desperate to see, to explore, to investigate, this mysterious website.

lol jk i used google

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I was about 14/15 when FiM became a meme and infected approximately 75% of internet user's brains. I actually initially hated the show's art style and found its fanbase, like, sooo annoying. But then I saw bronies making a lotta cool stuff and having good clean fun with each other (haha its all good clean fun right fellas hahahaha right guys hahahaha lol) and I decided I had to have context to what all this cool stuff meant, so I watched the first episode. Eventually I'd watched the entire first season, and before I knew it, I was calling myself a ponybro waiting impatiently alongside everyone else for the second. The rest, as they say, is history.

Sup, horsepeople. Is it okay if I call you horsepeople? Sure it is, 'course it is, we're all friends here.

My name's Beck and I'm a fan of Mine Own Puny Horslet, or whatever they call it these days. I'm big on G4 and I'm really looking forward to G5, but I'm a fan of all MLP generations. It's a nifty little franchise and every animated installment tickles me an all-ages appropriate level of pink. My fav gen is G1, though G4 is a close second.

When I'm not disrupting polite society (e.g. this thread), I work as an illustrator and concept artist. Part of my introduction to art as industry was FiM (yes, really), and I made way too much fanart for it when I was a kid getting my bearings as an artist. I still really adore drawing ponies whenever the spirit moves me. I've got a lot of pleasant memories regarding the early days of the show and I'm constantly nostalgia tripping about it.

So that all sums up why I'm here. I like talking about cartoons with likeminded people, using my down time to draw fanart, and staring at websites that use a lotta pink in their designs. Match made in heaven, really. I also like reading silly fanfic, listening to the kinda indie music your parents warned you about, developing teeny video games, overanalyzing animal xenofiction, and cracking wise in an effort to make people laugh.

Nice to meet you all! I hope we can be friends, and if not, I hope we can be the sorta enemies who still hang out together on weekends.

• Brohoof 5

2 hours ago, Pumpkin Spice Brony 42 said:

@HeebieJeebies what cartoons do you like?

Some classics like Ye Olde Simpsons and Spongebob with a few modern and foreign stuff mixed in. Old animes about dogs killing bears, Gravity Falls, Watership Down, Bojack Horseman, etc. I really wanna check out Centaurworld and Wolf's Rain sometime soon, too. I've heard good things about 'em. Any recommendations for other moving drawing shows would be tight.

I like my talking animal media I guess lol. I also like this show about talking horses, but I doubt anyone here has ever heard of it. :mlp_lie:

6 minutes ago, Astral Soul said:

Hello and welcome @HeebieJeebies,
I hope you have a good time and make many friends :>
That's really quite a text you wrote there :>
Looking forward to see more of you here

2 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Hello and welcome to the herd, @HeebieJeebies! :kindness: Great to meet you and I can tell right away that you’re very creative. :adorkable: I started in the same place as you because I never thought I’d become a fan. :coco: We’re a great fandom, we certainly don’t bite. 
I hope you have an amazing time here! :wub:

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

Next time I'll try to keep the text walls to a minimum lol. It won't work but I promise I'll try! I 'spose I'm just excited to be here. :twismile:

• Brohoof 2

@HeebieJeebies I have over 1,400 dvds of cartoons. Mostly western, some anime. From 1920s black and whites to modern. It's hard to recommend something because the genres in my collection are so different. And if I own it then I like it, so in that sense I would recommend everything! But some stand outs are Batman The Animated Series and its spin offs, Adventure Time, GI Joe, and Rambo The Animated Series for sure :laugh: .

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Pumpkin Spice Brony 42 said:

@HeebieJeebies I have over 1,400 dvds of cartoons. Mostly western, some anime. From 1920s black and whites to modern. It's hard to recommend something because the genres in my collection are so different. And if I own it then I like it, so in that sense I would recommend everything! But some stand outs are Batman The Animated Series and its spin offs, Adventure Time, GI Joe, and Rambo The Animated Series for sure :laugh: .

Oh god, you just reminded me I need to go back and watch the entirety of BTAS and AT! Idk why I never finished them, I liked them a lot when I fist gave them a watch. Danke!

• Brohoof 1

lol lmao xd roflcopter, noice story of how you found this site. e-twiwth.png.5878ad773cfe0efaf9dc8dc75763160a.png

Welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa: I hope you'll have a good time here. :BrightMacContent:

Edited by Rikifive
typo i cri evritiem
  • Brohoof 1

Hey there and welcome to MLP forum :mlp_pinkie:

Judging by that intro you might like to give RP a try :P 

Lemme give you a test run. It is G5 MLP, you are a pegasus and you see a rogue cloud behaving oddly. When you apprehend the cloud it sprouts purple eyes, a blond mane and shouts Surprise! What do you do?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Rikifive said:

lol lmao xd rolfcopter, noice story of how you found this site. e-twiwth.png.5878ad773cfe0efaf9dc8dc75763160a.png

Welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa: I hope you'll have a good time here. :BrightMacContent:

xDDDD im just soooOOooo randum and wacky!!!!! O_o roflmao top kek slips into a coma
I'm sure I'll have a ball here. Thank you!

17 minutes ago, abrony-mouse said:

Hey there and welcome to MLP forum :mlp_pinkie:

Judging by that intro you might like to give RP a try :P 

Lemme give you a test run. It is G5 MLP, you are a pegasus and you see a rogue cloud behaving oddly. When you apprehend the cloud it sprouts purple eyes, a blond mane and shouts Surprise! What do you do?

Hiya! Admittedly I'm not much of a role player these days, but maybe someday I'll get a wild hair and try it with ponies.
I'd probably shriek and wet my little horse pants. I mean, Jesus Christ, it's a ghost from a bygone era! :BornAgainBrony:

2 hours ago, HeebieJeebies said:

xDDDD im just soooOOooo randum and wacky!!!!! O_o roflmao top kek slips into a coma
I'm sure I'll have a ball here. Thank you!

Mmm good, good e-eyeswoke.png.e442d218a54e0bafe7357923034d3b77.png have fun then! e-spikekk.png.2d48fb8ce4df65fe6c8c4ae420d9f0e8.png

19 hours ago, Ocean Wavedream said:

Hello @HeebieJeebies and welcome to mlpforums. Nice story you got there. Are you into writing stories?

Heyya, and thank you!

lol nah, I'm not a writer. I just got a wild hair at like 2 in the morning. What better way to introduce myself to a buncha strangers, right?