Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tell Your Tale trailer

CastletonSnob

(edited)

I'm still not sold on the art style and it will take a heck of a lot before I warm up to it. It's the legs, mouths and jawlines that are bothering me specifically. I'm going to try my best to avoid complaining about it too much. But everything else seems to be ticking the boxes so far. I'll definitely be giving it a chance to get a proper feel for it. Only then can I say whether or not I like it for certain.

Edited by Treeglow Flicker
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Ooh...

This looks like Trulli Tales but with stiffer animation and Pocky-like hooves. I'll still give it a try for four episodes at the most. 

Also, Sunny is not an alicorn in case some of you missed it. I mean, this is a short-form series - and I don't mind being wrong; in fact, I welcome it - but something tells me she won't be not an alicorn after a while.

Edited by Sasoriman
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I found the trailer to cute though I fear that this show, and G5 in general, will be too predictable.

I hope that G5, both 2D and 3D, will bring interesting elements that fans can write stories about.

I just love fanfictions that deconstructs and alternates the characters and storylines.

:ph3ar:

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm really not into the art style. At all. I want to be forgiving since "its just a YouTube mini series" and probably aimed at a much younger audience, but I've seen so many people make significantly better designs within the same simplified style! It could've been done! I don't understand how not once during the development, nobody said "Hey, maybe adjust the anatomy a bit?"

Rant aside, I'll check out the first few episodes at the very least. Maybe the writing will be worthwhile? Or at least "cute pony do things" will pump enough dopamine into my brain that it cancels out the "ew yucky" response? Everyone sounds fine enough (though a little disappointed with the new Izzy voice) so maybe I'll just treat it like a radio show.

Edited by Scila Bell
better wording
  • Brohoof 1

My expectations for Tell Your Tale haven't really changed since seeing this trailer. The art style (specifically the character design aspect of it) still looks fairly bad in my opinion, and it still looks like G5's version of Pony Life in a way. It looks like the 5 minute episodes this series will have will likely be composed of nonstop jokes and cartoon gimmicks with no real sign of storytelling or character building. It does look like something its target audience may enjoy, but for adults it seems like it may be too fast paced and lacking in story to really get invested in. The episodes only being 5 minutes each also doesn't help; being that isn't much time to tell an engaging story in just 5 minutes.

The more I think about it, the more this series seems like it might be the pony version of Teen Titans Go. Five young characters all living together in the same building doing wacky things for quick, cheap humor. Like I mentioned before, it may appeal to the kids it is made for, but realistically there isn't much story or depth to it.

Despite my expectations being low for this YouTube series, I'll still watch the first few episodes to at least give the series a chance. If it is unable to somewhat interest me then I'll likely just stop and wait for the MYM special and Series to come out (both of which I have higher hopes for being good).

• Brohoof 1

I honestly feel like modern media just declines in quality the more it goes on. It is a real shame we aren't getting something that is well rounded, well made, instead of corporate money making schemes.

• Brohoof 3

• The title was changed to Tell Your Tale trailer