Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Netflix After School has previews of MLP: Make Your Mark.

CastletonSnob

(edited)

Netflix released a video showing off the cartoons they have, including first looks at upcoming shows. This means more previews of a certain upcoming colorful horse cartoon.

(Clips of MLP: MYM are at 0:03, 1:13-1:16 and 1:22-1:23).

Edited by CastletonSnob
  • Brohoof 2

Netflix is really trying to save face, it seems. I will say that Make Your Mark looks about as good as I expected; similar to the movie quality, but not quite as crisp and clean. Still looks miles better than the first time we saw footage though, which is good. Can't say any of the other content looks very good, though. Even if I adored the Kung Fu Panda movies (the first two at least), I have no real interest in an ongoing series. Sonic isn't exactly known for having great series either, SATAM aside. Dragon Prince and Cuphead are good from what I hear, at least. The rest of it just looks like dreck; who honestly wanted a Green Egss and Ham series?

Regardless, the Make Your Mark series seems to be shaping up well, from what little I have seen of it.

• Brohoof 1

Gotta say; animation looking actually pretty decent. Very similar to Skylanders Academy; which is not a bad thing.

• Brohoof 1

Less of a preview and more of showing random short clips with zero context.

The animation looks stiff. I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily a step down quality wise, as we all knew the animation wouldn’t be exactly the same as in the film. I’m sure I will come to tolerate it quickly.

• Brohoof 1

Yay, Hitch has eyelashes now :ticking:

Of everything in that preview, I still like Pokemon the most because it is still classic 2D.

Really too much 3D for the poor kids today :(

• Brohoof 1

Most of the shows they were showing previews of didn't look bad, honestly. The Make Your Mark clips especially had me wondering why people are still worried about the animation quality of the show more than ever. That's as good as it gets for a 3D animated show for younger kids still. 

Now that we got to see footage of the show proper, rather than just basing our opinions of it based on screenshots, I have to say that it doesn't look too bad.  While I obviously knew going in that it wouldn't be the same quality as the movie, there always the fear going into it that it was going to look bad in comparison.  But thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case here.  I would even go as far as to say that it looks pretty alright for a fully  CGI animated show.

It's something yet nothing. On the one hand, it shows us a few clips of MYM, and on the other hand, you can deduce hardly anything from them.

I'm glad to see Pipp in it though! :eager:

• Brohoof 1

First: pokemon is still going?

Second: kungfu panda is still going?

Third: Mlp looks slightly  better than kfp and better than before.  What little animation there is, however, still seems a bit clunky or out of place looking. 

• Brohoof 1

While I still wish the series was animated in an art style similar to that of the 2017 movie, this looks alright for being a 3D animated series. It's not as good as the movie's animation, but it looks better than what was shown in the first screencaps of MYM. Plus, it looks much better than TYT's animation style.

• Brohoof 1

Some of these have potential while others make me question as to why they decided to green-light such projects. It's also obvious that this is Netflix attempting to do damage control as a result of what has happened recently.