Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web if you were doing YouTube professionally , what would your videos be about?

Reecejackox

Oh wow... Where to begin.

1. Tokusatsu. There is not enough tokusatsu YouTubers and reviewers out there. It's been gaining in popularity, but I am reminded that there are still some very harsh critics out there.
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog. About the only YouTube personality that has me beat is Game Apologist. This guy pretty much covers all the topics I ever wanted to talk about and then some. I connect so much with how he handles different issues and topics related to Sonic. But I still have some thoughts that are uniquely my own.
  3. Other pop culture stuff. I have thoughts on a lot of things.
  4. Personal Stories/Life Advice. I really admire the animated story-time YouTubers. I feel like I have been around long enough to tell plenty of amusing stories about my life and impart lots of timeless wisdom.
  5. Animated Parody YouTuber. I also had an idea for a parody of the animated story-time YouTubers. It would be a completely fictional character relaying no actual stories. It would be light-hearted parody that everyone can enjoy while also doing something original. I'd like to think I could do this and the previous idea at the same time, but that might take experience.
  6. Music. I am not a musician. I don't know how to play instruments, professionally sing music, or do some studio-level recording. However, I wish I was talented that way. I've had tons of ideas for songs and song covers over the years, but they are doomed to live and die in my head.
  7. VTuber (Maybe?). Thought about it. This is probably the least likely thing I would do. However, it does look like fun. And I'd be more motivated if I was a musician like I mentioned above.
Spoiler

And since I'm on the topic, here are some videos I would NEVER make as a YouTuber:

1. Drama News Channel. I honestly don't care what is happening behind the pop culture scene anymore. I am sure these people reporting on it are doing a wonderful job and are usually fact-based, but I don't need that kind of drama. I can't live it, that drama has ruined some things for me, and sometimes these channels cause just as much drama as they fight against.
  2. Political/Social Commentary Channel. Just no. These issues are too complex and there is no winning, no matter what side you're on.
  3. Reaction/Gaming Channel. I am not a very big reactor. I watch and experience things in a very stone-faced kind of way, and that's not entertaining. I'm also not that great at gaming. I am casual to the extreme. I deeply admire the people that have gaming channels; but it's just not for me.

• Brohoof 1

Probably MLP analysis videos and episode reacts. Maybe also some Let's Play's too. I've been thinking about starting a YouTube channel for years but always found it too daunting to try >.< 

I would make a series of fake UFO, Sasquatch, ghost and unexplained phenomena videos which are very competent and convincing. Then, once everyone posted their opinions on them, I’d announce that the videos were fake and how I faked them. The reason is to show how easy it is to convince people of something, no matter how phony, with very little effort. Don’t get me wrong, I personally believe in all the aforementioned things in moderation. But the real phonies out there muddy the waters and make it hard for the real cases to get a fair evaluation. I’ve seen videos on YT made by people showing how to make fake cryptids, and later saw clips from these same videos (with the explanations removed) on 'TOP 10 Best Phenomena Caught on Camera' collections of other users. There are too many opportunists out there trying to make a living with fake camera tricks, with too many gullible viewers, and someone needs to show how easy it is and what the real deal looks like in comparison.   

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I would make a series of fake UFO, Sasquatch, ghost and unexplained phenomena videos which are very competent and convincing. Then, once everyone posted their opinions on them, I’d announce that the videos were fake and how I faked them. The reason is to show how easy it is to convince people of something, no matter how phony, with very little effort. Don’t get me wrong, I personally believe in all the aforementioned things in moderation. But the real phonies out there muddy the waters and make it hard for the real cases to get a fair evaluation. I’ve seen videos on YT made by people showing how to make fake cryptids, and later saw clips from these same videos (with the explanations removed) on 'TOP 10 Best Phenomena Caught on Camera' collections of other users. There are too many opportunists out there trying to make a living with fake camera tricks, with too many gullible viewers, and someone needs to show how easy it is and what the real deal looks like in comparison.   

I would watch that series, Dreamy. :rarity:

21 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I would be convinced by any YouTube video you make Dreamy:rarity:  

I'd make either anime or MLP:FiM related content. Most likely reviews or analysis videos. I don't think I have enough energy to do reaction content.

I would make videos about whatever subjects I'm currently interested in. Right now it would be some horrendous mix of MLP, FFXIV, and uhh maybe pet site stuff. The videos would probably just be general discussion videos or maybe something more artsy like PMVs or speedpaints or something. Every once in a while I'm tempted to go through with it but alas... video editing is not my passion.

If the question also is about one being hypothetical well spoken often (VS needing time to articulate properly) and such, I would cover hobbies that aren't as known beyond geek community like:

1. Gargoyles: Reviews of the episodes and the current comics and hopefully those who like my content will be interested in binging the original 65 episodes and checking out the comics and trades.😁

2. Dragon Quest: Just driving up interest in the games, giving details of interest like what is kept, altered or removed in various ports.

And others like the 1970s Star Trek Animated Series, The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin, Strawberry Shortcake Berry in the Big City, etc.