Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you had to take up a sport professionally, what would it be?

Reecejackox

27 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

Probably the least physically demanding would be chess. Or, I guess, I could participate in (gun) shooting competitions, that would be more fun.

Ooh ooh, me loves pew pews :oh_golly:. Been years since I’ve last used a real firearm, but I got talent for those guys :mlp_icwudt:. I could try archery as well. But Jiu Jitsu would be a definite yes :Rara:

• Brohoof 2

Cricket.

You may laugh at me for that, but it's a sport with a VERY low notoriety here in the US that has the potential to explode once Major League Cricket gets off the ground and the US national team starts to perform with more consistency. But yeah, would love a chance to potentially succeed to where I could play in the County Championship in England or the IPL.

37 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

Probably the least physically demanding would be chess. Or, I guess, I could participate in (gun) shooting competitions, that would be more fun.

Maybe not physically demanding, but the mental fortitude and effort they put into imagining so many possibilities for just ONE move and how it may affect future moves would likely give one so much mental fatigue. Watching professional chess tournaments is really eye-opening.

• Brohoof 2

The only two that I was surprisingly good at when I was in my teenage years: baseball and badminton.

2 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

Chess... I used to play that when I was young though I wasn't particularly good at it. I never won a single game though it never bothered me that much.

1 hour ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

Maybe not physically demanding, but the mental fortitude and effort they put into imagining so many possibilities for just ONE move and how it may affect future moves would likely give one so much mental fatigue. Watching professional chess tournaments is really eye-opening.

Professional chess requires peak precision when it comes to one's mental state.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

Yes, but if someone pointed a gun at me and told me to choose a sport, this is one of the few ones that is done inside and sitting down. The OP did not say that I had to be good at it.

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Patriotic Brony 42 said:

I think a sport requires physical activity. Otherwise it is just a game. Is walking a sport?

Is Wii Sports a Sport?

I think it might be called Switch Sports now.

If you get points for walking, it is a sport :derp:

• Brohoof 1

Soccer. Even though I complained about it some when it took it as a kid (well, actually, I think I complained about everything as a kid...), I wouldn't mind doing it again. Then I can be like one of my neighbors who can run and kick a soccer ball every morning :wau:

• Brohoof 2

I tried soccer 2 days ago against my brother's children, and I didn't do so well with my right foot, so I switched to my left foot, and I did a little better. Soccer has always been difficult for me.