Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Youtube Poop, YTPMV, etc.

Megas

Nowadays Youtube content just isn't the same, with video essays, bad political commentaries by reactionaries, fake outrage videos, react videos just dominating the platform. If you're into that stuff that's fine and all, but you know what I really miss? When people put their craft into the absolutely mundane. Just make content of the dumbest, most random things but with so much passion that you just have to love and appreciate it. I'm talking Youtube Poops, YTPMVs, dumb mash ups and the likes.

What about you? I know a lot of you also watched all of these videos? What were some of your videos?

King of the Hill tended to be very popular for these, but the likes of Adventures of Sonic, CD-i Mario, and CD-i Zelda dominated these videos

YTPs involving Billy Mays(RIP) were also usually great

Then you got some of the videos by a user called Kajetokun, with classics like "The Balls are Inert", "Ninja Info Card" and "Gutsman's Ass"

And then there's YTPMVs, making entire songs based almost entirely of one soundclip

• Brohoof 3

Oh man, 2007? The dumbest/best old school Youtube videos I watched were actually from 2006. I can't even find them anymore, but I remember watching this skit called "Chips" that played itself off as serious at first, then turned out to be a parody of Lay's catchphrase, an original music video with a song about a guy eating pancakes, and all sorts of dumb Naruto parody videos that were big at the time because of Naruto being at the peak of its popularity when the Toonami dub was airing. The one that left the biggest impression on my ten-year-old self, something called, "Trial of the Wheat Thins", I can not even find anymore, but I was able to find something like this to show you what bizarre Naruto parody videos then were like...

I also watched lots of animated stuff from AlbinoBlackSheep and Mr. Weebl back in the day too when animators weren't getting a raw deal. Believe it or not, they're both still around. When it comes to YTP, I wasn't really into YTP during the classic era of Youtube, but I loved all sorts of stuff from MoBrosStudios and EmpLemon. The oldest YTPs I liked, I watched those in early 2009, it was mostly parodies of the classic Spongebob episode, Chocolate With Nuts. 

Edited by CloudMistDragon
Edited to include YTP discussion.
  • Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Youtube Poop, YTPMV, etc.

Oh man I used to really love YTPs.  There were a lot of really good ones that I had a lot of fun with, but back in the day none never failed to make me crack up like Dinner Blaster and Link Breaks it Down Literally

• 1 month later...