1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh, It was okay.
    • I like it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I didn't really like this episode all that much.

Although I thought it was funny seeing the yaks destroy stuff, I felt that they were WAY out of line for their constant rampages and not appreciating everything the ponies do to try to please them. Personally I would have been more stern with the yaks insisting that they show a little appreciation for the ponies' effort.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have to admit that, as flawed as this episode is, I simply love it, it's one of the most enjoyable episodes of the show. I understand the reasons why people dislike it, but I either disagree with them or don't find them to be a big deal. 

MLP has been taking itself too seriously these past two seasons, and while that's awesome, I love that the show reminded it didn't have to be anything too deep to be good, and that's why I love this episode. It's simply a lot of fun. It's hilarious, it makes a great use of cartoon (lack of) logic, it's over the top, and most importantly, it's not meant to be taken seriously. If you take it seriously you won't enjoy it at all. 

Another big problem people have with the episode it's the Yaks. Personally, I don't mind them, they're alright characters, or rather, they're a good plot device (yes, the Jacks are one-dimensional, but I don't really care). I also excuse their terrible attitude because they were presented as warriors who lived in isolation, so they obviously don't have much time to care about the magic of friendship. Their silly reactions that went from smashing stuff to even declaring war were great because of how the mane 6 reacted to them. It was hilarious, and the strongest part of this episode (and Nick Confalone's forte) is the comedy in my opinion. I was constantly laughing at all the things that were going on. Pinkie's journey was pointless, so Confalone had to make it fun for it to be worth watching. Pinkie could've just given up because Yakyakistan was unreachable, in instead she got to be in an epic adventure with Cherry Jubilee, The Wonderbolts, The Beatles, Cadance and a Yeti. The result is the same, but isn't that a cooler way to get there?

Now, the moral.... well, the episode didn't really have a moral. I mean, it kind of had one, but it didn't even try to teach it. It was all to show that Pinkie Pie was an awesome party planner, and that's something we already knew. Pinkie's secret room was a very nice touch though, but it's still something I would expect from her. In the end, the plot of this episode is just an excuse to make something really funny, and though it may sound as an excuse for laziness comedy is actually hard to write and I can respect Confalone for being so good at it. That might also be a problem for some people though, because if you're not into that kind of silly cartoonish humor you also won't enjoy the episode, and then again, that's fine and I get it. I'm just writing why I love it, just me.

Edited by MilkyWay27

• 1 month later...

I'm still surprised we got what's basically a diplomacy episode. I like how the mane six tried to deal with it, due to Twilight being a princess, and because they're all woefully inexperienced, they all panicked and pulled desperate stunts. This kind of exploration of how these ponies are adjusting to their new political standing is what I really wanted from Twilicorn, and I didn't really get it. More episodes about main characters being severely stressed out by something would be greatly appreciated, because I find I enjoy this show most when characters are feeling insecure or anxious. 

• 3 months later...

I like it. 

watching the show again and starting season 5 the show has lots of more pop culture references, crazy humour and funny faces. Im really loving this change. 

the beatles reference was wild xD 10/10. pinkie's jorney was great with lots of funny moments.

also the moment where mane6 is in the secret basement is nice. and when fluttershy mentions how they gonna get out there after seeing pinkie sliding up lmao  :love:

i like yaks desings, its so cool. 

also i like how the episode moral. making them feel equestria a home, and not trying to replicate yakyakistan in equestria. 

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I do think this is goes a bit too far with defining Yak culture through negative personality traits, and I wish this had explained the yaks' obsession with perfection a little more, but I appreciate the episode's efforts to invite cultural relativism. It's clear that they just really don't like being lied to, and if I don't necessarily like their behaviour, I at least appreciate that this episode doesn't just ask them to be more like ponies. 

What I truly love here is the diplomatic subject matter, which is new grounds for this show, and the emphasis on anxiety, which is very relatable from these inexperienced youths in this situation. This episode's funny, but more than that it's just super tense, and I think that tension is incredibly fun. It's also tense in a way which isn't too self-serious, like some of the two-parters can be, and I just think it's novel to see these characters struggling with this situation. It's something different from what this show usually offers, and I love it in part because of that. 

Oh, and it even has an emotional core, with Pinkie's failed efforts and her friends' appreciation of her, and a great moral in the form of making people comfortable in your home instead of try to recreate theirs. I adore this episode. 

Score:
Entertainment: 10/10
Characters: 8/10
Themes: 10/10
Story: 9/10
Overall: 93/100

• 4 weeks later...

This episode is okay. I think what would've made it stronger is if more time was spent on Pinkie's journey showing a lot of ponies helping her to Yakyakistan instead of just showing Cherry Jubilee. The mane six could've asked Pinkie to go to Yakyakistan to bring something back and most of the rest of the episode could be spent with her. We don't need as much of Twilight freaking out and the yaks don't need to declare war. The stakes were just fine at if the mane six could impress the yaks with the party.

That said, this episode was funny enough that I do still enjoy watching it.

Score: 7/10

• 2 months later...

I didn’t like this one myself. The Yaks were just rude. I get what the message was supposed to be, but that wasn’t the message delivered. The idea that the Ponies were giving them something from their home didn’t seem to bother the Yaks. They then got angry that it wasn’t perfect. That’s a horrible message, and it wasn’t fun to watch.

The Pinkie and party room scenes were great though. Of course Pinkie slides up a slide. :-D

I liked this episode! Of course it didn't make sense, but I like these kind of radical and over-the-top episodes, too. They are just so funny, for me at least.

Although the episode wasn't focused too much on the moral itself, I liked the concept: that in order to become friends, you should show what you truly are, instead of trying to copy what they are.

Edited by qwerE

• 3 months later...

This episode is very dependent on the comedy, but I don't find it particularly funny. A lot of the comedy relies on characters being crazy and making exaggerated facial expressions, but most of the crazy jokes feel the same and the facial expressions mostly fall into the uncanny valley, feeling very out of place when they come up. And many of the other jokes are of the Yaks destroying stuff, which gets old very quickly. There are a couple good lines, but they're few and far between.

As for the story, it's pretty unremarkable. There's nothing too wrong with it, aside from raising the stakes for no reason near the end, but it's not enough to prop up an episode with meh comedy.

So with meh comedy and a meh story, this is a meh episode.

Score: 5/10

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This episode is pretty silly and based heavily on comedy, and while it has great moments(like twilight afraid of quesadillas because they are cheezy) at some moments it hurts the episode I didn't particularly liked the yaks. 5\10

• 1 year later...

It was pretty funny, was good to see Cherry Jubilee. The yaks were funny, but if anything shows that Pinkie is the element of loyalty, she literally wanted to go the edge of the world to where the Yaks live just for her friends. Is that not loyalty?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I really like that mlp puts so much effort into world building and brings different countries with different creature to the show like Yak.

This episode has a lot of comedy involved (Pinkie place a big role here). As always I don't have a problem with these kinds of episodes and that's why I like it :D Besides this subjective thing we

• meet the Yak (already said)
  • Pinkie's Party planing cave :secret:
  • We see Cherry Jubilee again
  • We also see Cadence again
  • We've got strong references to the Beatles (even album covers). Nowadays not everyone (especially the target audience) will get these. But generic adults like me will and of course fan will love those

And the resolution at the end is really interesting. I had a lot of fun watching this :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

This episode was pretty funny to me. It wasn't the best episode, but it was rather well done in my opinion. Cherry Jubilee was the cherry on top.