Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What sort of people do you usually get attracted to romantically?

Reecejackox

Loners or people otherwise not interested in romance. Also, straight women. HA. A lovely combination, am I right? =/

Otherwise, being liberal/leftist and either non-religious or religion is not a large part of their life. Playing woodwind instruments or brass (horn in particular). Or cello, for some reason. Don't know why that is. Not being into smoking/drinking/partying.

I don't know, there has to be some chemistry. And those are characteristics that tend to pop up in people I become attracted to.

Edited by Envy

For Romance, I'm very picky. I've only ever wanted to have a serious relationship, so I need to be comfortable and know the person relatively well before taking that step up from acquaintance/friend.

I like having someone who is comfortable in many settings. We can go to a crowded place and party it up, behave at a formal dinner, or lock our selves in because sometimes doing stuff outside with others is fun, and other times it sucks.

Someone who looks good pepped up or with dirt on their face. Is beautiful by all accounts and could pull off clothing styles from pretty much any time period. Universally georgous, and considerably tall but not any taller than me.

Someone comfortable in their own skin, and doesn't feel the need to permanently altar a part of their selves to be happy. I want them for who they are, and not for what they've done.

Intelligence is really important. I need someone who can keep up with me and needs me to keep up with them. We don't need to understand each other word for word, but have a good grasp of the concept. It's both practical and interesting.

Putting up with me is a pretty big one. I'm and old man and a child all at once. I rambled about stupid things not worth rambling about, dont meet my own standards, and I carry a lot of baggage.

Finally, for this answer at least, I need someone who also wants me, despite my own flaws. Someone who has seen things with me, and wants to be there the next time, and for all time.

I couldn't be happier that my girlfriend of over 3 and a half years meets all of this and more. She is my everything, and I am eternally grateful for her love, and her acceptance of mine.

I’ve only been attracted to two people in my entire life. I ended up marrying them both. Both started off as friends, but in one split second I realized that there was more. Both were/are independent, kind, and funny. Their personalities and backgrounds were/are dissimilar though. They share very few physical traits. 

Soooo super close single friends I’ve know for a while, who are decent people, are resilient, and fun/funny, and don’t view as a sister. There is something I can’t quite put my finger on the more I think about it, but having a deep platonic love first is the initial step. If that hasn’t happened … there’s no attraction romantic or otherwise. 

• Brohoof 3

Hehhe, people who are already taken :ButtercupLaugh:! Oh boy :love: . 20 times zero is zero!

Hard to be specific since I think most people look for the same things anyways, and many times even though you say you're attracted to X, you end up still being attracted tos omebody who isn't X.

Example, I may be usually attracted to people who have the same level of awkwardness, or have a shy/sweet demeanor, but I've dated people who aren't as such. Also somebody I'm physically attracted to. I wish the latter didn't matter but I can't force my emotions. Also depends just how much I like them as a person too. This isn't all inclusive.

Being very very specific, all my former girlfriends were brunette, and almost dated a readhead :wacko: . They've all been white, though I would date somebody Hispanic (I know I would but again, being taken). I can have my preferences and biases :pout: . Doesn't mean someone could break through it though, but based on experience that's unlikely.

Things I'd like to see from somebody: same music tastes (80s-90s rock or in general, some alternative/country-rock), could sing with me, not overly judgmental/is easygoing, likes "touch", could talk about science with me (space :love: ), isn't afraid of flying, wants to learn new things together, explore together, etc.

Usually charismatic, charming, talkative, and confidence is what I’m attracted to romantically. :toldya: So I guess…like myself. :laugh: Also they tend to be athletic and/or physically fit. 

• Brohoof 2

Physically speaking I tend to be attracted to larger/thicker women, I just prefer it greatly, but unfortunately most the people I've seen that I know I would date are taken by someone else and I would never get between someone's relationship, especially relationships as progressed as some of the ones I've seen... Idk I am interested in people that want monogamy, I'm not really interested in a relationship if it isn't serious

What can I say… there is nothing I find more attractive than a continental European accent :eager:. Even if I don’t think the guy is physically attractive at first, once he starts talking I will melt D:

Not to say I have never been attracted to my own “countrymen” but it takes much more time in that situation. I have to really get to know them and become good friends with them before I can feel attraction. I might ask them out a year later, but unfortunately by then I’ll feel so invested that when they reject me it really hurts.

More generally… I like people who get my sense of humor (lots of dry humor/sarcasm), are very reliable, and are able to talk at length about what they’re passionate about, cause I’m shy sometimes and often prefer listening to others.

When it comes to physical characteristics I’ve been all over the place, so it’s really hard to say :P

I have two types that I'm into.  

"She's a rebel
She's a saint
She's salt of the earth and she's dangerous---"

"I'm a rough boy 'round the edges
Getting drunk, and fallen in the hedges
She's my weakness, fucking genius
Swear to god and I'm not even superstitious"

I like girls who is nice and caring at the same time a bit of a rebel and fun. Basically someone who is a opposite attraction of me personality-wise but shared the same interests.  

Confidence and strong conviction in his beliefs. Anyone who’s malleable and bends with the crowd without an original thought or impulse of his own is nothing but a puppet, and hence lacks the all-important attribute of a soul. So if someone is strong and sets the bar for others, that’s for me. A good sense of humor, compassion for others, and firm religious belief are also extremely important. Physical attributes are less imperative and I don’t really get hung up on any specific ‘look.’

I don't often get attracted to people so speaking purely hypothetically:

I quite like feminine women - ones who are quite sweet and despite whatever foibles they have, they are fundamentally good people and ultimately have their hearts in the right place. Intelligence and ambition are also important: the woman does not necessarily need to be career-oriented but she should have some ideas and goals for what she wants her life to look like in the future. She doesn't need to be religious (but I suppose this is a bonus), she just needs to be okay with the fact that I am. Similarly, she doesn't have to be as relentlessly introverted as me, but she'd have to be okay with the fact that I am and give me some space when I want/need it.

Physically I'm less picky. My only requirements are that she takes good care of herself physically and in terms of hygiene/etc, and that she's not super short (I'm quite tall). I also prefer blonde hair and blue or blue-ish eyes, but that's not a dealbreaker for me.

Mainly people whom I share some interests with and with whom we can enjoy such things together.

Also...glasses are sexy.